Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ignorant bi#@h

People are allowed to their opinion, however occasionally I wonder if this is the easy way out also. I look around at people that are able to lose weight on their own and wonder if they'll be able to keep it of. With gastric bypass I have a better chance of keeping weight off long term something I've never been able to do. I have come to realize that I don't need anyone's approval but sure would like their support as I start this journey. It took me a long time to come to this point.

Miss boosh10 from ? And Miss Raenh from Texas ? I don't know where boosh10 lives, but I think I feel a road trip comin on ! We need to go and open up a can of Whoop Ass somewhere !!!! Who's with me ???

@@boosh10 - While the instinct is there, and I myself would probably have to be physically restrained from actually punching her in the throat. The way I WISH I would react would be this:

I would not confront a co-worker ever about a non-work related issue. I also would not go to HR at this point unless it continues. Not that you shouldn't but just because I know that lots of folks who go to HR find out that it can backfire. If she is confronted and she is smart she will very likely claim that she had NO IDEA that you got surgery, and wasn't talking about you. I know people who have denied claims made to HR when there was documented black and white PROOF, which you don't have. What I would do is make some kind of slightly snarky, but non-confrontational comment about something ANYTHING that she does the "EASY" way when you are ONE on ONE with her. So she knows you are onto her scheme and you are NOT letting her off the hook for it completely.

When she proclaims that whatever she is doing is NOT in fact any easier than what others do, then I would say that sticking to a diet ANY diet is NOT easy but that we all have to use whatever tools we have to reach our goals, and that you would appreciate it if she has something to say about you to say it to you directly, like you are talking to her now instead of making snarky comments about you to 3rd parties (whether you are present or not). Then tell her that YOUR health and how YOU choose to address it is none of her business (just like its none of your business to discuss her health or how she chooses or doesn't choose to address it).

Then go about the rest of your day ignoring her like the pimple on the a$$ of humanity that she is, and be just as sweet and helpful as you can be to her and anyone else in your workplace. And feel free to tell her to "bless your heart" as much as you like;-) Especially if you are down south.

Lastly, assuming that your boss knows...I would also let her know that you have always respected her and appreciated having her as a boss. I would also let her know that she inspired you to want to lose weight (whether this is true or not), and that even though you took slightly different paths to achieve the same goals that it doesn't mean one path is superior or inferior or easier or harder, and that both options were THE BEST for each of you. "We all have our crosses to bear" "we all have our own struggles"...But that you don't appreciate her participation in any kind of conversation about you, your health, etc that is not work related. And I would not say this to her, but it is highly likely to be a major violation of any HR policy your company has if she has disclosed or discussed your health condition or treatment with ANYONE (even if she found out originally through another channel).

And if you did go to HR I would ask them that you overheard a conversation amongst others in your department (or whatever department they are in) which led you to believe that they were discussing your health condition. And just so there are no hard feelings maybe they should send a reminder to everyone in your department that one's health conditions and treatments are not suitable topics of work conversation and are in violation of Federal and state privacy policies, specifically the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). I would not name anyone by name. But just state that you would not want there to be any misunderstanding if someone had inadvertently found out about your surgery and did not realize that it was not an appropriate topic of conversation.

In any event I would not directly confront or retaliate against anyone (at least not if you need your job paycheck).

Living well REALLY is the best revenge. And being a rock star on your job who can also rise above and be the better person, I really do feel is worth all the visine or diarrhea in the world.

But if you really want to get back at her....go buy some raw shrimp and cram them in the tiny spaces of the rims of her tires. It is actually harmless, but the smell will be HORRENDOUS (especially this time of year). The smell will last for several days and she will have NO IDEA what is causing it and it will drive her bat $hit crazy. Do not even think about doing this if you have ANY chance of being found out or if your parking lot has video surveillance LOL.

I hope this helps.

A. It is NOT easy. Only ignorant people think that...

B... who gives a s*** if it WAS easy? Why should it matter? Is the coworker jealous?

I have discovered that I have 2 kinds of friends... the kind that support me.. and the kind that are jealous and think I am taking the easy way out. So I finally told them... Yea, This is the easy way. It will be easier to run, easier to walk, easier to live. That usually shuts their pie-hole.

You could always mail her family members packages containing dead animals you find on the road... Not that It is a good idea... It is just an idea... lol

All of you guys give great advice. ;) She's just a miserable hater!! I'll definitely approach her when the time is right!

@@FocusOnMeNow But if you really want to get back at her....go buy some raw shrimp and cram them in the tiny spaces of the rims of her tires. It is actually harmless, but the smell will be HORRENDOUS (especially this time of year). The smell will last for several days and she will have NO IDEA what is causing it and it will drive her bat **** crazy. Do not even think about doing this if you have ANY chance of being found out or if your parking lot has video surveillance LOL.

----

Oh my goodness!!! I really wanna do this to someone - I know who, I just wouldn't want to accidentally do it to his mom's car (if that's what he's driving since he trashed his) - oiya... I'm feeling vindictive just thinkin' about it!

Well you could write her out a list of ALL the more pressing issues going on in the world and hand it to her. That should give her something else to worry about other than you. I've heard If you put visine in someone's drink it will make them have explosive diarrhea!! But it may also kill them so you just never mind that ;)

LMFAO you're too funny!!! I have a few at work that need the same treatment ;)

Lol, all these ideas crack me up but you never know, maybe that will teach her a lesson. One thing I'm certain of is KARMA will catch up to her!!

What a great topic! I've enjoyed everyone's advice. I've had plenty of chuckles. We have some very creative people on this site!

Can I just ask one more question ? Im dying to know what her size is roughly ! Is she average size ? Small, medium or large ? If she's small to medium she may not ever have had a weight problem, (ignorant about obesity), if she's larger is she jealous of you because you're tackling your weight in healthy way ? Spitefull because she can't / won't deal with her own problems and you're working hard to overcome yours ? ( screw her! sorry........... that was my inside voice...........) Just curious. Either way, she's still going to be a hater, and your going to be even more fabulous than you already are !! Just sayin'............

She is just jealous of how much more sexier you are going to be! It's not an easy way out! Don't let anyone bring you down kill your joy. Walk in to work with your chin up high!

Saw a t shirt today ."..........

If it was EASY it would be your SISTER ! " OOOOOHHHHHHH, That was an eye opener at the gym at 6am !!!

Look at the reviews for sugar-free Gummy Bears on Amazon......and then give her some in the morning. She will have cramps and diarrhea in a few hours, probably in time to ruin her car.

LMAO...Miss Mac, I have been reading your posts and now I am very scared.... and giving up gummi bears forever!!!