Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyone from?

I'm from Mystic, CT:whoo:

I was in Hawaii in October 2006 on a cruise. :ip: Absolutely gorgeous islands! If only I could afford to move there. Can't wait to go back and visit!:wave:

Hi Marie! WooHoo!! There are three of us on here from DE! :)

I'm in the Prices Corner area, where are you in Wilmington?

Brez, Waters and Jeanie I was born not to far from you.

Orginally from Latrobe/Whitney PA

Grew up in Darien IL

Currently residing in Wheeling IL

Hi, I have been having a time finding my way around the site until someone told me to use my emails to find where I had been!?:omg:

I had my appointment with Dr George Eid at Magee and I found him to be very approachable, helpful and more importantly, my husband, who doesn't like everyone, thought he was trustworthy. In fact, I liked him.

I was able to joke with him and he actually laughed and joked back!

My stay at Magee was alright, after all it is a hospital, and I don't like any of them. The staff was really nice. The beds were OK the first night but I couldn't have done 2 nights in it. All the rooms are private.

Dr Eid keeps his patients overnight and you can't go home until you have an upper gi to check placement of the band. No slippage, no leaks and you can go home!

I had no nausea or vomiting, he gives meds to prevent that and he sews the band in place to help prevent slipping. I had no problems with the gas in my shoulders or chest.

The three patients that Dr Eid did on my band date were walking in the halls and whining and laughing with each other. I really only saw one other patient in the hall who refused to move out of the wheelchair. I don't know who did her and what her problem was, except she looked so tired! I do know she was banded.

Before I left, Dr Eid told me if forget everything, not to forget to stop eating before I am full. He said that is the key. If I can do that, I'll be OK and I have been. He told me and my husband that I was not to lay in bed once I got home, to keep moving to prevent clots. He said you can take rests throughout the day but DON'T lay in bed all day.

Can't comment on the food!:sick Didn't get any!

The first night getting out of bed was bad, but if you keep walking it gets better.

I live 16 miles east of Pittsburgh, in the Monroeville area. If you want you can email me privately if you have any questions and good luck with your banding.

hi i live 10 miles from pittsburgh i am not banded yet had my doctors appt at magee. so how was it did you like the hospital what about your doctor??

We are close! So what's the scoop? Where are you going for your banding and when and who's doing it?

I could maybe help drag you out of bed that first night!:biggrin1:

I just love that person that told me to check my emails so that I don't get lost on this site anymore!:ranger:

brez and waters, we are real close! I am right outside of Johnstown, PA.:)

Chicago,IL!