Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Falling pregnant after gastric sleeve

Hey ladies!

I've been trying to find as much info as possible on this.

I have NOT had the surgery yet, but in the process of getting the money together to have it done :)

I am 23 years old, I am married and have been with my partner for 5 years, we have been TTC for over 3 years with no luck and 1 known miscarriage :(

I have PCOS, an under active thyroid function and I am over weight.

I am praying that after this surgery my problems will be fixed and I'll again be happy with myself, however I have a few questions and would love to hear everyone's story!

I have read millions of different things but here's my main question, I would like to try for a baby after hopefully 1 year postop, obviously I'm going to put weight back on, which I totally understand, but will the weight just drop straight off again after or will it be hard work?

and did you get cravings?

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing everyone's story!

Most doctors want you to have lost most, if not all of your weight and have maintained it for at least 6 months before attempting to get pregnant.. In general that's about 18 months. I understand the excitement to want to get pregnant, but you definitely want a healthy, complication free pregnancy as well.

I haven't had a baby post op yet so I don't have the answer to your question.

Hello,

I fell pregnant 19 months after the sleeve. I had my son March 2, 2015 and I had actually gotten below my pre-pregnancy weight since having him. While I was pregnant I felt like an endless pit, I was able to eat more then normal and I took advanatage of that haha but since having the baby I no longer have an appitie ( like after surgery).

I am in the process of going for surgery also. I have PCOS, under active thyroid and very overweight. I do have 2 kids (ages 7 1/2 and 1 1/2) BUT I've also suffered miscarriages and I miscarried my son's fraternal twin. I'm hoping to get pregnant afterwards. I've always struggled with it and I've been with my husband for 10 years. I ovulate 4 times a year if I'm lucky. My doctor told me that it's easier to get pregnant after you've had the surgery and lost a lot of weight. They also told me that once you get to your goal weight, your PCOS may even disappear

Hi, I had my sleeve done Jan 30, 2014 and now I am pregnant. I was 20 pounds away from my goal weight before I found out I was pregnant . I was gaining weight at first but now I have been losing weight. It wasn't planned but I am very excited. I wish I could say everything is going ok but I can't. I am 3 months pregnant. At the very beginning I had severe nausea and when I eat I just feel disgusted. I have been very bloated with no energy at all. Now the nausea did eventually went to regular nausea but I still have the feeling bad when I eat and bloating. I now have a new symptom of short of breathe but it has been getting worse. I just hope all symptoms go away after this first trimester. Has anyone else pregnant and have issues?

I have PCOS and under active thyroid. I have a daughter that will be six this month which was a complete miracle. I had gone 2 years without birth control before I had the sleeve in November 2014. I started taking ovulation tests in March just to see if I was ovulating and I was able to get a positive every month. I found out in June I was pregnant, the week after my 6 month postop appointment. I was only 4 pounds from my goal weight and had started to level out so the doctor didn't seem to concerned with being pregnant as long as continued my Vitamins. I am currently 17 weeks and have gained 3 pounds. I have had lots of cravings and have been eating whatever I want but much smaller amounts then before surgery. I was very sick in the beginning but things seem to be getting better. I have struggled since surgery with my fluids and it's still a struggle. Then at 14 weeks I got a blood clot in my calf. They thought it was linked to the sleeve plus being pregnant. I will try to answer any questions I can. Hope this helps!