Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did your nausea last?

I had my bypass on 7/8. I was nauseous for the first 2 days post op. Eventually is subsided. Hope it gets better.

I'm 3 weeks post op and I am still nauseous - so much so that I was not drinking much and was severly hydrated and had an emergency room visit . They gave me IV fluids and potassium horse pills to swallow :blink:

I ask my surgeon this same question - when will the nausea stop? He said that it depends on the indviidual and that unfortunately I have suffered with it for quite a while. He said it could be 4 weeks or even 5. I'm just so miserable and I want to feel normal again :(

I am a little over 3 weeks and also still get nauseous. It usually depends on what I eat/drink. I can say i feel like it's getting better for me. I haven't gotten nauseous from anything in a few days.

I was nauseated too but my surgeon suggested Unjury's chicken broth in powder form. It saved me. I would drink this broth & the nausea would subside. You also get some of your daily Protein requirement.

Be sure & read the directions. If the liquid you are mixing the powder into is to hot the powder will lump. Trust me, not a good thing. Use a whisk to mix the powder into the liquid. I also put a tiny bit of salt into the broth.

My nausea lasted about 6 days. I left the hospital with a Rx for it too. I have to say the nausea has been the worst part of the experience so far. I was sleeved 6-15-15.

Nausea for days or weeks is normal.

Everyone is different. I was not only nauseous, but also experienced dehydration due to vomiting so much, and not because I was overeating. I actually am still going through baby steps incorporating food, here and there and it's been 9 months post surgery.

You'll get better soon! :)

I had mine on 7-13 as well. I am still naseous. I think its from all the Vitamins and lack of solid food.< /p>

I'm just 2 days post op and just threw up. Not a huge amount, obviously there isn't a whole lot in there. Normal?

I haven't actually thrown up but the women I shared a room with did the second night and it's completely normal.

Walking helps, I actually was nauseous for 5 days since I screwed up and was taking my nausea medicine everyday, I called my nurse and she laughed and told me that if I wasn't nauseous the mess would bring on the nausea, so I was ok in 2 days after the call, and I have only been nauseous once since then