Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is it possible to loose 30 pounds in 5 weeks

I really like the shakes (come dry in packets that you mix with Water in a shaker) I ordered through my surgeon's office. They are called Nutrimed 420 (yeah I know, "420") and are available in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and are really rich tasting. I got them from bettermd.net

Here's the nutrition breakdown on them:

Nutrition Facts Amount Per 1 serving Calories 80

Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value * Total Fat 0g 0% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 200mg 8% Potassium 400mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 7g 2% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Protein 14g 28% Alcohol 0g Vitamin A20 % Vitamin C30 %Calcium35 % Iron20 %Vitamin D20 % Vitamin E20 %Thiamin30 % Riboflavin30 %Niacin20 % Folate20 %Vitamin B-630 % Vitamin B-1220 %Phosphorus20 % Magnesium20 %Zinc20 % Copper20 %*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Vicky, I was also told to eat 800 calories a day, I have yet to try to calculate that, I'm lazy. I'm not an expert at anything, but I believe you will loose 30lbs, in 5 weeks if you eat 800 calories a day, thats about 6lbs a week. It can be done!!! Let me know how its going....I will try to watch my calories too...

Hi, I'm in the same boat, except, I weigh 331 and have to lose 31 pounds in 4 weeks for my surgery on July 24. I'm doing Atkins, and have already lost 6 pounds in three days, I know its Water weight but at least the scale is moving. I'm so afraid that I wont lose it all by that time. I'm also afraid to go on a liquid diet because I have 3 weddings to go to in July plus 2 other events and I feel that I wont be able to be at any of those events and not eat a single thing, but at least if I can have Protein I wont be so uncomfortable being around all of those people and all of that food. My other problem is, is that I cant have any artificial sweeteners, as all of them seem to make me deathly sick, and if I have to go on any shakes what so ever they have to be totally unsweetend......YUKKKKK or sweetend with sugar wich defeats the purpose. I think your on track with the diet you chose and should lose most of the weight by then. But me on the other hand, I have to hope and pray hard!! Good Luck!!

CJUiler, did you drink some kind of low carb shake or where you eatting food? I've done well on the adkins diet in the past, but I was afraid I wouldnt see results fast enough

Yes it is possible but that does seem extreme. You can probably count on a minimum of 3 lbs a week. Your body may go into starvation mode too so you may need to bump up the calories a bit. Good luck to you.

your nutritionist is off the wall--thats 6lbs a week--does she expect you to run marathons or what?? In general MOST people miscalculate their intake...this could be the case!! You might want to try a program..generally even they give a 2-5lb weight loss per week--still below your goal!! At over 300 lbs you might stand a chance of losing more because of the Water weight in the first weeks. go to the websight NeverHungry.tsfl.com and see if this is a program you might like to try. I took off 30lbs in 8 weeks with is program this winter--it was measured,portable,easy and tasted ok!! Let me know if I can do anything more to help you !! an GOOD LUCK