Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going through my closet saying good bye to my the bigger me!

Today, after I got home from my preop appt. I started to pack my hospital bag!! Thats when I decided to go through my closet and get rid of my really big stuff and It made me both sad and happy. It was like I am laying to rest the woman that for so many years had piled on layers of protection from the outside world! I keep saying June 10th is my rebirthday and that is exactly how it feels! Two more days and counting!!!

Hi there

Good luck and good riddance. It is interesting you mention the protective lAyers. That is em exactly how I feel - I needed a cocoon of fat for protection but no more - let's both become the beautiful butterflies we are inside.

Best of luck. My surgery is Saturday...

Brigitte

Hi there

Good luck and good riddance. It is interesting you mention the protective lAyers. That is em exactly how I feel - I needed a cocoon of fat for protection but no more - let's both become the beautiful butterflies we are inside.

Best of luck. My surgery is Saturday...

Brigitte

Thank you Brigitteboyce17 awe yes the protective layers we have knowingly or unknowingly placed around us to protect us and keep the bad evil away! It took me nearly 45 years to even realize that I was an emotional eater. Actually an Occasional eater haha....and every occasion that came about I ate but what I discovered and mean by emotional eater is that when I was happy and feeling good I ate stuff that was oooey gooey cheesey creamy yumm yumms but when I was sad mad angry man the salty savory tart stuff is what I craved...i feel that now that I have realized that about myself I can better gage myself along with the new tool this surgery is affording us that finally I can be me free of the layers ....yes best of luck to you!

Edited by LynRey70

Hey Lyn! I'm so happy for you and want to wish you the best of luck! I actually just did the same thing this weekend. This has been like a rebirth for me too. The past month has been full of many things I had always sat on the sidelines for but never been a part of. I went to the beach, Water park, went tubing in a natural spring, hiking and even wore a SLEEVELESS dress to a wedding! I hadn't been in a bathing suit since I was 17 before this month. Then while I was way up high standing with my tube waiting on line for one of the Water slides, looking out over the beach...I realized, there is no more someday for me, I'm finally living! I can't wait for you to have the same moment when you feel like just a regular person doing regular fun stuff! I wish you all the best!

Thank you so much! Awe yes its very touching your story and This past year has been a series of new beginings and transformation! Ive had trials and triumphs! I have overcome small and huge hurdels in my life. One of the biggest things and most difficult things for me was making the decision to go back to school well actually in 2014 it started. I enrolled at Heald College and I have to say I loved it! I was studing Medical Office Administration and early on I realized how important the role of medical office personell is. They are the first impression a patient gets about how important health is and so how could I encourage or be a role model for anyone coming into my office when I myself was not the picture of health. So I started working on myself making changes in my diet. I was 267 lbs. and at only 5'1" you can imagine how round i looked. Thats when I decidedA change is do!! The process of getting cleared should of only took me a couple months but I had to keep puting it off cause of school. I was going to finish school this October so my surgery was going to be put off till then. But as luck would have it my school closed unexpectedly and I got very depressd so I ran to food for like always and began putting to pounds again but I had learned alot about myself through school and knew the cycle so before I got to caught up in my emotions I called my surgeon and it just snowballed from there quickly. Now tomorrow I will be rebirthed and I cant containe my excitement!!!! Im so happy to no longer just exsist in the world Im going to live life to the fullest thank you Lord Jesus for the blessings and New Beginings for all on this site! Thank you and all the best for you also!!!????

wow where do you live!!! I live in a small town in Central California and wish there was a clothing exchange near by that would be awesome as clothing can be so expensive and as many sizes as we will go through its can be quite pricey to keep up to date and looking stylish....

wow where do you live!!! I live in a small town in Central California and wish there was a clothing exchange near by that would be awesome as clothing can be so expensive and as many sizes as we will go through its can be quite pricey to keep up to date and looking stylish....

I live in ventura county.

I went from size 18 to size 12 in 3 months, I think I'll be size 12 for awhile now. I just bought couple things at the thrift store, and with summer here I'll just wear long shorts and shirts, likely I don't have to dress up for work.

You all are so inspirational. My tentative surgery date is Aug. 10, and it feels like a rebirth for me, too. I can relate to the protective layers, and I have a few therapists lined up if I become overwhelmed by feeling vulnerable.

LynRey70 - don't get rid of everything! You're going to want to have a reminder, something to look at and remember how it felt and then marvel at the new you. I've been going thru my closet and have 4 boxes of clothes that have outgrown me. (There's a stack of more boxes because I haven't finished cleaning out the old stuff.) Funny thing, tho - I haven't taken any of them to a thrift store yet. I keep thinking 'oh, maybe this shirt won't be so baggy' and then I see how ridiculous it looks. It took a while for my mindset to catch up with my decreasing size.

Wow. I am so looking forward to clearing out clothes that have become too large. I will keep just one or two pieces as reminders of cocoon me. I look forward to acquiring but clothes once I have become a butterfly. I am on the road as I had my bypass surgery last Saturday, 13/6/15 and I got home yesterday. Now I am sitting in the sun, sipping. The first day was awful but fine since, sleeping, walking, sipping ????it's bliss really compared to the usual pace and stress of life!

I'm nearing 2 months post-surgery, and finally started throwing some stuff out from my closet, as my clothes are getting too big. Threw out some pants and shirts the other day. Feels good.