Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

medic alert braclet or necklace

Hi: I have 3 ccs in a Fr. Midband. I think it takes about 10 ccs but i have some restriction now so don't think I will go over 5. Like yourself, Nancy, as long as I am loosing weight and a nice even pace, I don't want to get caught up in the fill and defill routine. My doc out here has not been successful in doing fills so to fly to TO for a fill then have to go back for a defill will put me in the poor house. Doddie

Thanks, Donna for bringing up this subject. I had never even thought of what would happen if I was in an emergency and would the doctors need to know that I have a band?

I'm still debating. The Bracelet seems kind of expensive and I'm not sure that I want to be all of a sudden wearing one all the time. I already wear a bracelet on one wrist and a watch on the other wrist every day.

BUT, this looks interesting:

The MedicAlert® E-HealthKEY

MedicTag Canada - Medic Information and Alert

It's a USB key that can hold all your medical information on it.

I'm going to check at Shoppers to see if they sell them. The site says that they are available at retail pharmacies and healthcare stores.

Thanks, I'll check it out. If you go to the US site there is a thread for medic alert bracelets. Apparently there are a lot of different ones that look quite fashionable.

What happens if you loose the key? And would the paramedics know to look there. Sorry, but the only safe way is wearing the medic alert. Plus getting it from the US, your health details would not be registered. The medic alert bracelent,anklet,necklace, carries a serial number that the ER teams can contact for the nitty gritty details. You do not have to carry a yearly subscription with the Canadian Medic alert programme but if you have a rapidly changing health pattern, it is best to have the subscription. Doddie

What happens if you loose the key? And would the paramedics know to look there. Sorry, but the only safe way is wearing the medic alert. Plus getting it from the US, your health details would not be registered. The medic alert bracelent,anklet,necklace, carries a serial number that the ER teams can contact for the nitty gritty details. You do not have to carry a yearly subscription with the Canadian Medic alert programme but if you have a rapidly changing health pattern, it is best to have the subscription. Doddie

I agree with Doddie! Thanks for being so succinct.

I only need to have the info of gastric band, no blind NG tube on mine right now which is engraved on the back of the medic alert. I can see Doddie's point though if there is ever a change I would have to get a new alert. The Bracelet and alert are detachable and the cost of the new alert part is not expensive. I went to Laura's Hope site and they are so pretty.

I just ordered my Bracelet. I am going away on vacation for a month and thought of getting one but didn't really think they had one for lapbanders...I now feel alot safer. Thanks for bringing this up Donna. :)

Seems like the service is good as well. I ordered mine on June 21st and called yesterday to ask wehn it will be ready. They told me it had already coem back from the engravers and I would receive after the long weekend. I am pleased