Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

medic alert braclet or necklace

I was just visiting with my fellow American bandsters and they were talking about this Bracelet. Do any of you have one and what are your thoughts.

I am conflicted. I should have been wearing one for the last 10 years since I have been on insulin...but I have not. A couple of weeks ago I had to go to emerg with stomach pain and was able to tell them I had a band, but I could not help but think what if I were unconscious??? I am serisouly considering it. What about you?

Well I am also conflicted. While I don't want anyone to know about it I really need to think of an emergency where you are unconscious. They said that their med Bracelet says no nsaids and no blind intubation which are kinda important. If you have time go to the us site and read it. I think it is a good idea.

How much fill did you get. Do you have the midband and has it made a difference?

Well I am also conflicted. While I don't want anyone to know about it I really need to think of an emergency where you are unconscious. They said that their med Bracelet says no nsaids and no blind intubation which are kinda important. If you have time go to the us site and read it. I think it is a good idea.

How much fill did you get. Do you have the midband and has it made a difference?

During the time you wrote your reply, I just signed up. So My bracelet will say Insulin dependant diabetic and Adjustable gastric band. I signed up with the Canadian site.

I got 4ccs andI have the swedish band. It has definitely made a difference! After all the PBing I did Tuesday, I am learning to finally really chew my food! How bout you Donna?

Oh Susan, soon you'll no longer be an insulin dependant diabetic, and you'll have to order a new one!

I've considered it too, but I also hate the idea of having to wear one. I don't wear bracelets and I don't wear necklaces... nevermind a 'medicalert' one! I thought about just getting a "I have the lapband' tattooed on my stomach, but if they're intubating me, there's no guarantee they've got my shirt off to see it!

Isn't it a rule that they check your wallet for any kind of info if you get in an accident? I have my 'lapband' card, so.... errr... maybe that'll do. But then.. if I get mugged and run over... no card to show. Oh, I just don't know.

Oh Susan, soon you'll no longer be an insulin dependant diabetic, and you'll have to order a new one!

Now that would be wonderful! I certainly hope so - I have been diabetic for 25 years.

I have been thinking on this one too. I also have the card for my wallet but if my wallet and I are separated then they will not know by lookking in there.

Susan where is the site you ordered from? Do they have different styles?

I have not told many about my band and I am not sure how I would explain suddenly wearing a medic alert bracelet... big dilema... but in the end I want to be sure that I am properly cared for in any kind of situation. Especially now that I have taken steps to get healthy.

http://www.creativemedicalid.com/shopping___jewelry_

My Aunt got hers from here, it's really cute, it just looks like a piece of jewelry for the most part. I'm thinking about getting one from here too since I don't have one yet either.

If you Google "medic alert bracelets" you'll get a bunch of websites to choose from, hope this helps!! :)

Stacy that looks like a fine site, but since most of us here in the Canadian thread are from Canada, it would be best that Canadians use a Canadian product.

Hi Susan....I found one of your answers on another thread. I'm a goof. We really shouldn't have any problem ordering from the states because I think the package would be pretty small.

Hi Susan....I found one of your answers on another thread. I'm a goof. We really shouldn't have any problem ordering from the states because I think the package would be pretty small.

It's not the Bracelet itself - but with Medic alert they have all your medical info on file and the ER people can contact them and your doctors.

Oops, guess I wasn't quite awake enough this morning, I didn't realize this was a Canadian thread!

I can see why ordering from the U.S. might be a problem for you. I've never tried to order outside of the U.S. but can just imagine the receiving/customs processing!! Sorry about that!

I did look for Canadian medic alert bracelets and came up with the same one SusanSilver already listed.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Hi: I am wearing the Bracelet and got it specifically for the band, although I am diabetic, high blood pressure etc. In fact when I ordered it, the technician called me and told me he couldn't get it all on the band.LOL. Anyway get one. You can get all sorts like broaches, necklace, gold bracelets, silver bracelets just go to the website. They are terrific people to deal with and everytime you go on line and make changes, they send you a new wallet card as well if you are in an accident, the doctors name are on record to be contacted. Doddie