Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Holy airline tickets! The long drive back from Spokane would suck, but if you can cut a chunk off the cost it's definitely worth it. (Living in the middle of nowhere has it's perks but flying anywhere isn't one of them. And I'm sure you have weather issues, too) Salt Lake City is always the best price for me, but unless it's at least $200 cheaper, not worth the drive time and gas. I'm scheduling my surgery around my work, too. Jan or February are the only months I could possibly take off. I'm shooting for jan to give me extra healing time to be able to get on my horse by April :) fingers crossed. If you end up in jan, let me know, I'm going 1/10.

Sorry fellow posters for getting a little off-topic.

I'm In Alberta :)

And with OCC you just fly to San Diego and they pick you up and take you to Tijuana. My flights were 500 round trip' date=' you might even have it cheaper since you're in the states :P[/quote']

San Diego California?

San Diego California?

Yup!!

San Diego California?

Unless there's a difference San Diego in the states that I am unaware of... If that's the case! MY PLANE TICKETS! *weeps*

Unless there's a difference San Diego in the states that I am unaware of... If that's the case! MY PLANE TICKETS! *weeps*

No lol, I'm just brain dead tonight. :)

I take the Enspira Vitamins too. I have had no trouble swallowing them from about a week and a half after surgery. I have been a little worried that I was able to eat too much. I can eat a whole gee with no problem. Today I found my limit. After the egg at lunch I tried to eat some greek yogurt. after 2 bites I was very uncomfortable. I had to get up and walk around the house for a few minutes. I found it again at dinner when I ate about a quarter cup of refried Beans. One more spoonful and it was too much. I'm glad the sleeve works.

Sometimes now when I take a vitamins (I'm pre-op) if I don't have enough food in my stomach I feel sick... So I think if I mix up these capsules in my Protein Shakes I'll be ok. Did any one have any problem feeling sick post-op taking their vitamins?

What is the abd binder? !

Abdominal binder. I don't have one, don't think I'll get one either, was just curious if she found them effective.

Wow - I am excited for those of you who have not yet been sleeved! It will change your life in ways you can't imagine today. I'm excited to watch your success and cheer you on!

The pre-op phase was THE WORST part of it all for me. (Super freaked out and worried about EVERYTHING...will I get my passport in time? What if I miss a connection? What if I get a leak? What if I die in the OR? What if I cannot get enough Protein? What if...what if...what if..) Then the random crazy dreams (naked OCC staff performing my surgery, that they did abdominal incisions, but didn't do the sleeve, blah blah blah). It was the longest 2 months ever from the time I booked my date until I actually had the surgery! So, hit me up if you are feeling crazy because I GET IT! Lol...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party in Hoosierville!! Congratulations and I know you are so happy today. You are truly an inspiration to many of the people on this site. I so need to get on the treadmill!! You should totally buy a couple lotto tickets. So proud of you :) {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

You know, I never had a sister, but if I could pick one, it would be YOU! Hugs my friend. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching your weight change on your ticker! You are doing very well!!

Edited by HoosierGirl

So I'm curious! Do u smell afterwards from the ketosis? And is there anything to cure that? Having my sleeve done at OCC in 6 days! Also.... ACK! U can poop the bed after u wake up?!? No thank u!!! Does that actually happen?!

Karliy - OK, I didn't smell from ketosis (my hubby would have told me in a second). But I will completely admit to having major POO issues after surgery. In fact, my big "oops" happened the day after I got home with the family shopping for groceries in WALMART! Thank GOD it was early in the morning.

All I will say is this....after surgery it WILL FEEL GREAT to pass gas. Just don't STRAIN to do so! OOPS! Right after surgery, when it was liquids only, it was also liquid out. Once I was finally back to solids, I struggled with mild Constipation due to the high Protein diet. Even today, I take a few stool softeners daily and I'm OK.

I think I would take a moderate ketosis smell over a poo incident in Wal-Mart. ;-)

Edited by HoosierGirl

HoosierGirl. I love love love your post abt anxious pre op! You couldn't have described me better! Freaking out over all the what ifs! Was your plane ride home bad? And your Walmart story... Too funny! But I can only imagine how embarrassing!!!

Oh and to make matters worse I just started my monthly!!! I NEED FOOD!!! But with surgery in 5 days that is not an option so I guess I better not go out in public any more than necessary! Lol I'd be snapping at everybody!

Wow - I am excited for those of you who have not yet been sleeved! It will change your life in ways you can't imagine today. I'm excited to watch your success and cheer you on!

The pre-op phase was THE WORST part of it all for me. (Super freaked out and worried about EVERYTHING...will I get my passport in time? What if I miss a connection? What if I get a leak? What if I die in the OR? What if I cannot get enough Protein? What if...what if...what if..) Then the random crazy dreams (naked OCC staff performing my surgery' date=' that they did abdominal incisions, but didn't do the sleeve, blah blah blah). It was the longest 2 months ever from the time I booked my date until I actually had the surgery! So, hit me up if you are feeling crazy because I GET IT! Lol...[/quote']

Hahaha! The nightmares!

And hey, bring on the poo issues; I'm very used to them! I have a funny story about my 21st birthday (I don't drink or do drugs, never have, there wasn't really any excuse for what happened to me that night except to give me a funny story I suppose) that's also graphic and embarrassing but I tell it to make people laugh. I think they laugh to avoid crying haha.

HoosierGirl. I love love love your post abt anxious pre op! You couldn't have described me better! Freaking out over all the what ifs! Was your plane ride home bad? And your Walmart story... Too funny! But I can only imagine how embarrassing!!!

I had a super-easy recovery from surgery. The plane ride home (and I was by myself) was no big deal. No wheelchairs in the airports, walked the whole way. I made sure I had Water and was flexing my calves during the flights. (San Diego to Denver, layover in Denver with lots of walking, Denver to Indy). Other than being tired, the plane trip home was a non-issue.

Despite all my worries, everything was smooth!