Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

how much have you lost? when was you band.

I was banded 11/17. I've lost 30lbs all together. Started at 316lbs went on 2 week pre op liquid diet consisting of low carb Protein Shakes and lost 23lbs. On first post op visit 11/25 I found out I gained 7 lbs while on full liquids (was pissed but told this was normal). Then weight loss started again once on mushies for a while and eating sufficient calories. My 1st fill was 12/14 and I had lost 15 more lbs. So that brings me to 30lbs. Hope this makes sense.

Today I couldn't get enough calories again, I was so busy.

8:30- 1 cup sweet potato bisque Soup

12:00- 1 cup sweet potato bisque soup

4:00- low carb Protein Shake

8:00- smooth veggie soup

Total calories 520

Felt foggy today. Gotta get more nutrients and calories in tomorrow.

12/15

b-1 pk. apple oat meal, 1c oj

l-crispy chix sand, a few fries

s-sm butter salad w/veggies and balsamic vin.

d-.50c spaghetti

_________

1138cals

Breakfast: Choc Muscle Milk

Lunch: Wendy's Large Chili w/ Cheese

Dinner: Arby's 3 Jalepeno Poppers & 2 Loaded Potatoe Sticks

Snack: 2 mini Tootsie Rolls & Chick-fil-a Sweet Tea

Total Calories=1130

Total Carbs=123

Total Fat=47

Total Protein=57

Exercised: Treadmill for 270 Calories burned

Oh god. No appetite at all today. Ughh. I just got my first fill Monday.

8:30-protein shake

1:30- 1/2 cup green pea Soup

8:30pm-protein shake

Total calories 410

Check out my blog Melodie Takes Manhattan!! It's about my Quest to walk all of Manhattan.

Bad Day.....

Breakfast: Choc Muscle Milk

Lunch: Wendy's Chili w/ cheese

Dinner: California pizza Kitchen one individual pizza

Snacks: 3 Capri Suns & Frullati Strawberry/Banana smoothie, Twix candy Bar

Exercised: Treadmill burned 300 calories

12/16

b-.50c grits, 2breakfast links

s-med.cof w/cream,splenda

l-.50c cauliflower w/cheese

d-.25c spaghetti w/sauce (pb)

________

1084cals

B - Protein shake

S - Orange juice, sugarfree and peanut M&M's (ugh)

L - Ceaser salad without the croutons and the Ceaser dressing with a little basalmic vinager dressing and 1/2 cup of chili

S - Orange juice

D - 1 sausage link 3 bits of mashed potatoes PB'D it all.

I go in for a fill Monday, I think that I am at my spot then I lose my restriction, Doc says that this is normal as I lose more weight, I just wish my restriction would stay put.

Edited by Loving everyday

B = Quiche w/ Bacon = 156 Calories

S = sugar free coffee Mate = 60 Calories

L = Grilled chicken, thigh, = 152 Calories

S = Pepperjack cheese Sticks = 100 Calories

D =.5 chicken, breast, Fresh Spinach, Sour cream, Shredded Cheddar, 2 T Pace's Medium Salsa = 282 Calories

S = Herbal Tea

Total 750

12/18

b-.50c Cereal w/a splash of milk

l-2pb Cookies, med coff,cream,splenda

s- snack pk mango apple sauce

d-talapia, 1/4c m/cheese

s-100pk of doredoes, med coff,cream,splenda

Yesterday was my first big blunder lets just say I was doing well until cheese and Mcdonalds fries got involved. My appetite is definetely back. LOL!

B- 2 small bananas

S- light string cheese

juice box

L- 14 mini whole wheat

crackers w/ 2 wedges light

laughing cow cheese

S- Edamame

D- 1 chicken thigh

1 cup artichoke hearts Total Calories: 910

Edited by melloways

yesterday:

chocolate chip Cookies

honey wheat pretzels

wheat crackers w/port wine cheese spread

1 cinnamon roll flavored muscle milk

(I see a whole lot of carbs, which adds to calories, that's why my scale is moving in another direction this morning...yippie)

B- oatmeal w/ 1 cup vanilla

almond milk

L- 1 cup chili w/ 1/4 cup

cheese

S- 14 mini whole wheat

crackers

S- Grande skinny vanilla latte

D- 1/2 cup egg beaters

1/3 cup diced ham

Total calories 1230

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches