Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Punkster: Funny you posted about the meatloaf, I tried meatloaf yesterday and it got stuck really bad =( . I have to try the Cracker Barrell one!

Yesterday:

b- coffee with skim milk and splenda

l- one slice of turkey breast, spoonful of baked Beans, 2 spoonfuls of salad, chips and dip =(, Pasta salad, 2 bites of lemon merengue pie and one choc chip cookie.

(we had a picnic at work)

d- meatloaf - came back... so nothing

B-coffee w/splenda, slim fast low carb

S-1 oz cocoa roasted almonds

L-lean cuisine roast turkey and veggies

D-ricotta bake

B-coffee w/splenda, slim fast low carb

S-1 oz cocoa roasted almonds

L-lean cuisine roast turkey and veggies

D-ricotta bake

this may have already been asked but what is ricotta bake and how do you make it?

b - yogurt

l - 5 mini meatballs

s - crackers with cream cheese

d - sliced steak with a little rice (was surprised it didnt get stuck, i definitely need a fill)

s - a few tootsie rolls

i am hungry all the time now. it is weird to not be hungry most of the time for a few weeks and then go back to being hungry all the time.

this may have already been asked but what is ricotta bake and how do you make it?

I found the recipe on here. I think luluc pointed it out to me. I make mine by mixing ricotta with some seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder,salt, pepper) and an egg. I put that on the bottom of a pie plate. Then I top it with spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. I put it into the oven on 400 until the cheese is bubbly and browned. It tastes like lasagna without the Pasta.< /p>

Yesterday:

B: swiss miss no sugar added hot cocoa

L: mexican restaurant: grilled chicken breast, refried Beans, two fork fulls of guacamole salad

D: mcdonalds grilled chicken ranch wrap, fruit and yogurt parfait

s: apple dippers

Workout: none

I get a fill on tuesday!! YAY!!!

I found the recipe on here. I think luluc pointed it out to me. I make mine by mixing ricotta with some seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder,salt, pepper) and an egg. I put that on the bottom of a pie plate. Then I top it with spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. I put it into the oven on 400 until the cheese is bubbly and browned. It tastes like lasagna without the Pasta.< /div>

you can make it alot of ways - using grilled veggies/frozen-thawed out spinach in the mixture - marinara or pesto sauce. it's a great mushy staple.

yesterday - not so hot, started out bad & just went w/it:

b- 2 skinny caps & bag of peanut m/m's

l- 4 chicken potstickers

s- chips & queso - margarita

d- chicken leg w/1c edamame salad

s- strawberry cheesecake Protein Drink

Sorry I have been MIA - been dealing with some major household issues (water coming in through wall w/ major damage, broken dryer, broken refrigerator, broken de-humidifier, and more on top of being crazy at work - I have never really been a stress eater - but these last coupe days i have (so I only did a couple day of liquids)

Wannabe1/2thewoman & Karirn - In regards to the red pepper Soup - I do make it unfortunately I am really bad about measuring when I cook especially with soup - but when I was at the store today I was trying to look at oz's and and such to see if I could write it out for you - it really is VERY EASY to make (the key is I make it to taste and desired consistency)

Ingredients

1 med-large onion, chopped

1 fennel bulb, chopped (opt)

1- 1lb bag baby carrots

4 cloves garlic (minced, chopped or crushed)

3 - 16.5 oz jars roasted red peppers (not in oil), chopped - save liquid

4-5 oz sun-dried tomatoes (either packed in oil, drained or the pesto)

1 large bunch fresh basil, chopped (1-2 of those clamshell plastic containers from store)

1 large plastic box chicken stock (can use broth - I prefer stock)

something spicy - you can use cayenne, or powdered chipotle - my favorite is to but a small can of chipotle peppers - puree them, spoon into ice cube trays (only 1/3-1/2 full)and freeze - once frozen put into freezer ziploc bag. I then add to recipes as needed - I use 1-2 for this recipe.

Splenda to taste (i usually start w/ 1/3-1/2 c.)

Directions:

Place the carrots into a microwave steam bag and cook as bag suggests (love these bags!), then rough chop them.

While carrots steam saute the onion, garlic and fennel in a little olive oil, over med. heat till soft

Add carrots, peppers, reserved pepper liquid, sundried tomatoes, basil and the stock (i start w/ 1/2 the stock - usually end up using it all and sometimes use more - I keep extra in the house)

puree using an immersion/stick blender (what i do) or in batches in a blender or cuisinart - till smooth - this is where the different amounts of stock varies - dpeending on desired consistency.

SALT TO TASTE - usually start w/ 1 tsp

Now to serve I place 1-2 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt in the bottom of the bowl and ladle over it 3/4-1c. of soup and mix - it adds Protein and makes it taste creamy then I top with grated either asiago, romano or parmesan cheese - but it's optional.

I love this soup so much and all my friends request it - I actually purchase 9lb cans of the roasted red peppers online and make big batches with 1/2 and then puree and freeze the rest- this is what also makes it hard to give you my directions

I hope this helps and you enjoy - let me know if you have any other questions

For the broccoli soup - it's similar - same onions, garlic and carrots (same process) then buy broccoli - (usually packaged as 3 heads in store) I chop into florets and include 1/2 the stalks shopped but peeled and steam them in the microwave steam bags after the carrots (I reuse the same bag) add into pot with sauteed onion & garlic, carrots then add 1/2 stock & 1/2 canned evaporated fat free milk and puree (again amount of liquid varies upon desired consistency)- season with salt/pepper to taste, italian herbs and sometimes add 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese.

Yesterday:

B: mocha latte Protein Shake

S: 1 oz pirates booty, 1 baby bel cheese, peanutbutter m&m's

L: 1 tbls PB, 1 babybel cheese

D: (went out) chips and salsa, 1 bbq shrimp enchilada and shrimp from 2nd, 1 bite rice and 1/2 mojito - wanted all but food came too fast!

S: Peanut Butter m&m's

Today:

B:mocha latte Protein shake

S:3 tiny sesame seed Cookies (tasters from store)

L: 1/2 oz deli thin slice ham, 0.7oz cheddar cheese, 1/4 avocado 1/2 a slice potato lefse (norwegian flatbread)

S: not sure

D: will be making chicken cordon blue w/ hasselback potatoes, steamed green Beans and brownies with strawberries (having friends over for dinner - wine will be served too :thumbup:

Hi kcmagu!

That receipe sounds so good! I wish I wasn't so lazy or I'd try it! Anyways....I just wondered what is a pirates booty?

Thanks!

Yesterday:

B: mocha latte Protein Shake

S: 1 oz pirates booty, 1 baby bel cheese, peanutbutter m&m's

L: 1 tbls PB, 1 babybel cheese

D: (went out) chips and salsa, 1 bbq shrimp enchilada and shrimp from 2nd, 1 bite rice and 1/2 mojito - wanted all but food came too fast!

S: Peanut Butter m&m's

Today:

B:mocha latte Protein shake

S:3 tiny sesame seed Cookies (tasters from store)

L: 1/2 oz deli thin slice ham, 0.7oz cheddar cheese, 1/4 avocado 1/2 a slice potato lefse (norwegian flatbread)

S: not sure

D: will be making chicken cordon blue w/ hasselback potatoes, steamed green Beans and brownies with strawberries (having friends over for dinner - wine will be served too :thumbup:

kc - love the roasted pepper Soup recp, now if i can make it w/out adding heavy cream (cause i have issues there).....

making shopping list...

pirates booty -is kinda of an organic cheetos (theres also a cheetos puff type version) you can get bags in a lot of grocery stores where they have the fancier chip items or in whole foods and stores like that - costco also carries a giant bag. I also have found individual sized packages at a trader joes out west and online - it's a lot airier than cheetos (lighter) and has a good sharp white cheddar taste - because it's so light - 1 serving (1 oz- i think it's 130 cal) is like 2-3 times the amount of product you would get from cheetos - so you don't need the whole serving (although sometimes I do eat it :thumbup:) so I usually end up eating less of something that tastes good that seems bad but really isn't

They may even be baked - can't remember.

LULUC-

That's why I love adding the greek yogurt when I serve it (I would have traditionally added the cream) - I have also added the canned evaporated fat free milk

Edited by kcmagu
forgot a note

kcmagu-I hope to achieve even a part of your cooking abilities. The only things I really know how to cook are the unhealthy southern soul foods. I am struggling to learn to cook healthier things that my family has never eaten before.

Today...

B-coffee w/splenda, leftover ricotta bake

L-1 oz cocoa roasted almonds

D-deli turkey, 1 oz pepper jack cheese.< /p>

slim-n-tn - you are very sweet! Thank you! I do love to cook and create - fortunately I get just as much, if not more joy cooking for others as I do myself - or I would be in big trouble.

I'd love to help in any way I can.

I found the recipe on here. I think luluc pointed it out to me. I make mine by mixing ricotta with some seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder,salt, pepper) and an egg. I put that on the bottom of a pie plate. Then I top it with spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. I put it into the oven on 400 until the cheese is bubbly and browned. It tastes like lasagna without the Pasta.< /div>

sounds awesome. i tried to eat some lasagna a week or so ago that i spent all day making for my family (who loved it btw). this was a mistake. i am excited for the taste of lasagna without the barfing!