Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery went great Wednesday, I made the nite shirt nurse smile by taking off down the hallway in my gown and boxer briefs , and I kept going, I also asked the Dr. To let me come home Thursday since I was off most of the machines and doing things for myself, and I've been doing great, only minor setbacks but nothing unmanageable, small bleeding from one of the incisions, finally released lots of gas, and unsatisfied thirst, like I wanna chug a cold bottle of Water so bad, but hey if that's all I can do this !!!!!!!

I still have the thirst! I am glad you are doing so well! The gas took 2 weeks to finally go! I carry drinks all the time. I was thirsty before, now since surgery more than ever! I stuck a jug of diet green tea in freezer to get it super cold! Then it was perfect and I drank 16 oz. through the next hour! Take your time!!!!

What a sweet thread!

You guys are doing great. :)

Thanks @@VSGAnn2014 is nice to have someone to chat with who understands. I wish I had gotten out of bed more. The anesthesia makes me sick. Took me a week to stop feeling so bad. I am glad I did it and am very pleased with my results so far!!!

Funny u said that, I think that's what's kicking my butt since last nite, 2 great days then lots of discomfort yesterday, I'm gonna try to shake it off, cause I think ur right bout the anesthesia

Following you both :) Estimated surgery September. Tin440, I am about the size/height you are (before surgery). I will be 38 at the time of surgery.

That is awesome Hopeand Agony, u will be fine, just start making adjustments to your mind, put yourself in a zone so to speak, I did and everything went much better than expected, even the pain, it's the little things that may annoy you later, being stuck in a hospital bed, being woken up at all hours, and the thirst , at least it was like that for me

Tin my wire is freakin a little since I said I wanna go back to the gym tomorrow, but I promised to keep it fun and very light I just wanna get the routine back for now, I think I will take a small water bottle so I'm not tempted to chug

@@HopeandAgony listen to laguerr13 it is slow and steady after surgery. Discomfort from the gas, hospital. The gas took time to get out! Small steps, bites and sips! Dont rush it either of you. I am 42, 5'7. Everyone in my family on both sides heavy. My moM is 5'4 and 315. Aunts on other side heavy too. Pre surgery diet is a must follow. I want to chug ice cold Water. Small swigs are sufficing for now. Wish I could hit the gym. Busy mom and wife, working ( back on Thursday ) I barely have time for myself.

I've started making big changes already. My Dr requires 3 months of weigh in's and 6 total lbs lost prior to referral to a surgeon. My first month I gained a lb so I had to make some real changes this month. After dragging my feet I started two shakes and a meal per day. I see the Dr tomorrow and will only have 1 more visit after that (2nd week of july). Im pretty sure I've lost my required weight but will confirm tomorrow. I've heard the surgeon has a list of requirements too (cardiology, pulmonary, psych) so hopefully it won't be September but I am being realistic.

Edited by HopeandAgony

You've got this, remember Water us your best friend right now, and yeah it was tense every time I had to do an X-ray, EKG, etc. but I realized that the only thing that can stop it is you, your moving in a forward momentum, slow cautious deliberate steps, and avoid the poop, the poop is never good!

Step by step, small steps. I saw Dr. today and I have lost 18 lbs since surgery and 25 total lbs. lost. Small steps, :)

Missed u tin, I am 7 out and just began full liquid today for two weeks, and I don't even care, went in my closet yesterday and all my shirts even the smaller ones were loose fitting, I went back to gym yesterday and it went well, my only drawback is that I called and got permission to take Mirolax, I think between the time I started this tip today maybe 50-60 lbs lost, I am being conservative cause I wanna enjoy the moment when I go to my Dr.'s appt on the 26th

I was fine for 3 weeks after surgery. Had to seek a little relief myself! Lol. My husband goes for walks with me. Still need to get my energy back. Anesthesia whooped me! Almost 4 weeks out and down, and still going down!! Today is my first day back to work.