Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who ever says WLS is the easy way out!

who ever states that having WLS is taking the easy way out does not know how much harder this is. Its hard to relearned how to eat, feeling sick when u new stomach does not like something, still have to work out hard in order to achieve your goals, blood pressure going up when ever u eat to fast, insomnia after surgery and the list can keep going.. so when ever someone will judge you and says you took the easy way out with WLS they have not idea what we go threw ...

p.s. my grammar is not very good looking.. lol :P

Edited by agalindo17

The only people who say that are the people who haven't experienced it or done any kind of research about it.

It was my decision and mine alone. I only took advice and consideration from other weight loss surgery patients. My husband was one of them.

I look at it this way. When I would tell people, some (especially those who haven't had the surgery) would have to throw in their two cents. Fine no problem. But I take it with a grain of salt.

If I was thinking of becoming a race car driver, why would I listen to anyone who hasn't driven a race car?

You've done great in your weight loss thus far! Keep up the great work! And yes, it's NOT EASY!

Thanks

I did fallowed my moms foot steps she had the bad instead but saw how much it help her it wasn't easy either I was there to help her threw it and now she is helping me. :)

Sounds like you're doing fine, and I'm so proud of you and your efforts!!!!! It IS hard work, always will be. But we love ourselves enough to do it, and keep doing it! How can we go wrong here?!!!!!

Sounds like you're doing fine, and I'm so proud of you and your efforts!!!!! It IS hard work, always will be. But we love ourselves enough to do it, and keep doing it! How can we go wrong here?!!!!!

Thank u!!

It's just crazy when I read people get judge saying that they are taking the easy way out by doing surgery and those people have no idea what we go threw!

Thank u!!

It's just crazy when I read people get judge saying that they are taking the easy way out by doing surgery and those people have no idea what we go threw!

My #1 pet peeve comment is, "Well, I'd lose weight too if I ate like that!". I just smile politely & remind myself that jail stripes don't look good on me. ????. Because honestly, we have more strength than anyone knows...cause guess what? We can totally eat like that & rock it! ????

lol right? ????

Great words of wisdom from everyone. I'm still debating on spreading the word. I had my surgery 2 days ago. A few close friends and my family are very supportive. I'm very lucky to have them. I just need to prepare myself on what to say when an acquaintance asks me.