Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junk Food Challenge

OK, Although this is a good challenge and any other time I would be getting all "A's" I am suffering horrible and failing this challenge. Halloween with all it's trappings of candies, Cookies, popcorn, etc etc is making my life a living hell.

Wonder if Boris Korloff had this problem when he filmed Count Dracula? Too much blood sucking lead to weight gain. HMMM??!! something to think about.

Then as if Halloween with all it's sweets isn't something to worry about here come the Christmas Holiday's and New Year's parties. SIGH!!

I think I am gonna rebel against this challenge till after the holidays. LOL!! Who is with me?

Yes Lisa (LELA-I like that too), it was a HUGE bag of cheetos. Yes, you should be worried. Today is not any better. I ate a half bag of scoops Fritos with French onion dip, four or five mini hershey bars, and some Hot Tamales Gummy candy. Is this not crazy??????

However I did manage to carve two pumpkins for our front porch. They are so cute. That was my exercise for the day.

Beleive me Lela if I could get away for those two or three days I would be in the van with John heading to Vegas, but I just don't see it happening. BOO HOO!!

After Halloween is over I am throwing away what candy is left. Or either putting it under lock and key and not giving myself one of the keys. LOL!!!!

If it just didn't go down so flipping easy it wouldn't be so bad. But man is it band friendly. SIGH!!

Love you guys and gals.

Ok Ya'll, my real problem is McDonalds vanilla cones. I eat one every day. I could eat two if I weren't too embarrased to go back! I justify it by the fact that it says they have only 150 calories on the nutritional site. But let's face it, that's 150 I don't need! I will cut back to once, no twice a week. That's way better than 7 a week, right?

CLUNK - Lela just dropped dead of mushroom poisoning. I'm deathly allergic to mushrooms, and never in all my 42 years have I heard of a festival that celebrates them. I once lived in Oregon, but I've never even heard of the Mycological Society! I never even heard that word before! I think I'll stick to candy. Mmmm, she said candy.

OMG, Zoe, I was cracking up at your post, but then I was crying during the

2nd paragraph. If nothing else, this thread is making us laugh, which releases endorphines and makes us feel good (like I know what the hell I'm talking about.")

I have an idea. How about we all send our leftover candy to ERIN! We can send it in buckets anonymously! Or, I'm sure most of you have your own DIET SABOTAGER (is that a word?) Sabature? Sabatoire'? Bastards! Let them eat candy, muwahahahaha!

Penni, there's always tomorrow. They say that women bond once we get to know each other. Maybe we're experiencing Group PMS? And yes, men can have PMS too! Just ask Chris who buys tons of junk then says, "but honey, I'm spotting."

OMG Lela, too funny. LELA POSTED: And yes, men can have PMS too! Just ask Chris who buys tons of junk then says, "but honey, I'm spotting."

I am dying here. Too funny.

Jack: Only reason to not throw it away now is because we still have munchkins coming around. I just told John to get rid of it after the last goblin. He agreed. WHEW!!

THanks guys.

DeLarla, I think all of us on LBT should sign a joint message to Erin: "Hello, dear, we don't know you, and your life is your business, but do you realize you are subverting someone who's worked very hard to lose weight, and who could use some support in her life-changing effort? Eat what you want, and as much as you want, but please keep it to yourself, or a bunch of big irritated women (and men) are going to kick your ass from hell to breakfast."

Put on the leathers! Let's ride. I bet we could make a big impression! No Pun Intended.

How about we all send our leftover candy to ERIN! We can send it in buckets anonymously! Or, I'm sure most of you have your own DIET SABOTAGER (is that a word?) Sabature? Sabatoire'? Bastards!

Amen! (and I think the word is saboteur. . . saboteuse for a woman.) Send us her address! Or let the biker convoy deliver the stuff in person.

I have been hiding from the trick or treaters because I didn't buy any candy. Last year I bought a huge bag of mini-Butterfingers and only a few kids showed up, so guess who scarfed down the leftovers in one sitting. I don't trust myself alone with the stuff.

Penni, I don't know how all of us are going to get through the holidays. Can any one-year-plus bandsters out there who have gone through the Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas/Hanukkah-New Year's food riot give some advice?

You guys are too funny!

I had steak for dinner last night, protien before carbs, and managed to not have one single piece of halloween candy yesterday. Holy crap. I didn't even realize. Not that I didn't have some before yesterday. And there's still a little left. But to handle the candy to hand it out to the childrens and not have any for myself? Out of sight out of mind is one thing, but how the heck did I do that?

That's the worst... doing something great and not knowing how you did it. *sigh* the secrets of life.

Regarding Erin: First thing this morning she walked into my office with a plate of Breakfast. We work in an office, so I can totally understand a muffin, or hell, even a bagel with cream cheese. But she walked in (not lying either) with eggs, sausage and a muffin PLUS those pancake sandwiches that are rolled around a sausage. She actually has the family-size bottle of Syrup in our work fridge. So the entire office smelled like International House of pancakes. 3 hours later she had had a huge sandwich with a soda, large bag of Cheetos, a bag of pistachios, a bowl of grapes and Halloween candy. It's so sad, because she reminds me of myself - completly out of control. But I had a talk with her, so she's leaving me out of it. I feel bad because even John noticed she's put on weight since starting just a couple months ago.

I decided to bring fruit in case I had candy cravings. I just cut an apple and gave half to John. I could only get down 1/4 of the apple and threw the rest away. Funny how candy slides right down but fruit jams up the whole highway!

I had a talk with her, so she's leaving me out of it. ... I decided to bring fruit in case I had candy cravings.

Good for you -- both for talking to Erin and for bringing fruit! That's two victories in one day. I wonder if Erin will be asking you about your band someday; yeah, it sure sounds as if she's out of control. (I say that because she reminds me of me.)

Jack, the attorney I work closest too is the one that pulled me aside to discuss Erin after he noticed her huge eating habits. He was worried that she'd start to influence me after he watched me transform. He's been my biggest band supporter since Day One (next to hubby.) He is totally on my side and keeps an eye out for me, so we both said something to Erin, and she was really cool and apologetic. But I don't think anyone is going to forbid her to use the microwave, so the smell of bacon and pancakes is something I have to overcome.

I live with those smells everday at work...I have a restaraunt. I'm around food everyday. People who know I had the surgery aske me everday how can I work around food all the time. I just do..I have overcome it. I want this weight loss so bad that nothing will deter me from achieving it...We goota do what we gotta do

I work in a really cool firm. We defend insurance companies, so there's no client contact. I walk around in socks with my music cranked too high. It's really casual and comfortable, so I'm not gonna make a stink about the smell (pun pun pun.) They did create a "no perfume" rule over me last year. I never complained, but my boss was sick of seeing me holding wet rags over my burning red eyes so he finally asked what's wrong, and I said one word: "Perfume." The microwave is used throughout the day for lunches. "Normal" people eat whenever they're hungry, so it's not reasonable to request a ban on the microwave. Like Michelle, it's just something I have to deal with (and bitch about!) The smell of coffee is strong in almost every office around the world, and I adore coffee but I'm allergic to caffeine. The smell is torture, but I can't ask them to ban coffee, either. Would you find a new attorney if you smelled rich coffee brewing?