Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi LovliBabi21. I'm also scheduled for surgery this Saturday with Dr. Ren. However, I guess I can't get nervous b/c I don't think it's going to happen. I was supposed to have it this past Monday but my insurance approval had not come thorugh yet, so we had to postpone. Well, here we are on Thursday and it still hasn't come through. Three weeks now on Slim Fast. Not fun.

Anyway, maybe I'll see ya this weekend.

And to FatBoySlim, CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for the recap of your experience. I just hope I get to have a similar experience soon.

Hi LovliBabi21. I'm also scheduled for surgery this Saturday with Dr. Ren. However, I guess I can't get nervous b/c I don't think it's going to happen. I was supposed to have it this past Monday but my insurance approval had not come thorugh yet, so we had to postpone. Well, here we are on Thursday and it still hasn't come through. Three weeks now on Slim Fast. Not fun.

Anyway, maybe I'll see ya this weekend.

And to FatBoySlim, CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for the recap of your experience. I just hope I get to have a similar experience soon.

Kimberly,what insurance do you have?

Cigna. Unfortunately, they tell you it can take up to 30 business days for predetermination, but mine has ben, supposedly, bumped to the highest level of priority, but that doesn't seem to be much. All I keep being told is that it is with a nurse for review, yet, a supervisor told Dr. Ren's office last week that we would definitely hear in time for surgery this Saturday. I'm not optimistic.

Ironically, there is nothing I cant eat...I CHOOSE to stay away from foods that I know are high in caloric intake or fried. I remember pre-surgery my doctor tellin me that I prolly will barely beable to eat bread. I eat bread fine, and as often as I like for that matter. I was on liquids for a week aftermy surgery...That second week I was perfectly fine eating whatever I want....

HOWEVER....

The only thing I havent had since my surgery is alcohol. Mainly just because its alot of empty calories, but Im just curious to know has the band affected anyone from having an alcoholic beverages if they chose to have one?

hey KimNYC i really hope it happens for you :)

that would be awesome if we both got banded on the same day

i really hope the insurance comes through. =) im sure the girls in the

office are trying really hard to make sure everything goes smoothly

with the insurance .. call johanna and bug her alot :) thats my best advice

KimNYC,

I had to switch insurance 3 times to get this done. First I had Empire Blue cross, then I switched to Guardian, till finally I switched to Oxford and they approved it. They might be the most expensive, but they're the best by far. Good luck!

Alsgyrl:

Good for you for being able to hold back. In my head im still that same pig, and I want to be able to eat certain foods. Therefore certain preperations have to me bade :-D LOL.

As for alcohol, I've had a few beers since the surgery, and it's just like soda. If soda works for you then beer is no problem. I also had a shot of Jack a couple of weeks ago, and if was no problem at all.

LovliBabi21 - Looks like I'm off the schedule for tomorrow. Haven't heard from my ins co yet, so we need to postpone again. Good luck!

LovliBabi21 - Last minute change in plans. Just got a call from Joahnna and a miracle happened. Cigna approved me and she was able to put me back on for tomorrow. Woo hoo. See you there!

Hey all, I'm from Brooklyn, NY and I'm 25.

I started out at 280, and had surgery 4/23/07. I've had two fills so far and am down to 252. I'm only 25, however I had no choice but to do it ASAP. My dad who's been overweight most of his life developed diabetes in his earely 30's and went on to have all kinds of medical problems including kidney failure and a kidney transplant. 3 years ago he was at wits end, at 256 lbs and started doing research on the band. Long story short, he had it done exactly 3 years before me and he lost all of his excess weight in about 8 - 9 months, and has been 168 - 173 lbs ever since. So for me, it was more of preventing all that. I also have a beautiful wife and baby girl, so it changes your perspective on things in general.

So far it's been going great, I fit back into many old pants and shirts I stopped wearing a while ago, and I'm now at the gym 3 times a week. I couldn't be happier.

OH, just wanted to add that I had the surgery done in NYU by Dr. Christine Ren.

How good is it to be back in your old clothes! That is sweet.:clap2:

My older brother lives in Brooklyn, in Carroll st. Do you know it?

I am in Australia.

Susannah

LovliBabi21 - Last minute change in plans. Just got a call from Joahnna and a miracle happened. Cigna approved me and she was able to put me back on for tomorrow. Woo hoo. See you there!

see u there!! i gotta b there at like 7 am!

i wish you all the best ;)

maybe ill see you :) ... <3

ok, now listen I am really wandering about this. I was banded on 3/5/07 only filled once on 6/5/07 lost 70 lbs. But I could never ever eat 3 hot dogs i would puke (sorry). I can only eat very small portion at one time. example: dinner 1/2 cup lean chicken not dry 1 cup salad I am stuffed. How are you eating like that and still loosing weight. Hot dogs are all fat, you must have incrediable metabolism!

Those days are gone if you want to loose the weight. Start to have discipline now and your result will be great! Get a calorie book and check out the grams of fat in a hot dog and pizza. Not to mention the calories. Get you mind set on the right things to eat. You will do great.

guys... i had it done yesterday.. got home from the hospital this morning.... its exciting and im really happy with the way they treat patients at nyu... it was a great experience and the random walks in the hallway that caused traffic were great. everyone was outgoing and a bunch of us strolled around the hallway every two hours together...

... but I've been wondering what the "full" feeling is that everyone is talking about. I mean, I've been "full" before and have kept eating, which is why I'm in the predicament I'm in! But I've been "stuffed" before, too, and that is when I've stopped. So hearing you put it that way helps put it into prespective.

I remember thinking exactly this before being banded. While the band definitly helps, you have to work with it. There are times I've been full and stopped right there... a few times, I've put one more bite in my mouth and then realized that I should probably spit it out. There's full and then there's uncomfortable. You'll get to know the difference very quickly!!!

Good luck!