Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft/Pureed Recipes for strict doctor

Hello All

i need a little help coming up with some recipes for my pureed/soft food stage of my diet. My doctor is a lot stricter than some others. My Pureed/Soft food list is:

eggs, Beans (Hummus), Dairy (Cheese, Ricotta, Cottage, Greek Yogurt, Milk), Seafood, Poultry, Deli meats (no sugar, no rind)

No: Fruits, veggies (potatoes, salsa, Pasta sauce), nuts, beef, pork, carbs (bread,crackers, rice, pasta), Soup, sugar

Does anyone have any good ideas for something this strict.

I already thought about ground chicken, ground turkey, deviled eggs, eggs with turkey bacon and cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, deli turkey with hummus maybe.

All ideas welcome. My Mom is an amazing cook so she is thinking on this one as well.

When I pureed my Beans, I used refried beans and added a little bit of sour cream and melted shredded cheddar. I saved the salsa for abour six weeks out.

@@Jaymmie Hengle thanks for the link! i needed some extra puree recipes and this is perfect! i cant wait to try the broccoli Soup :)

@@Jaymmie Hengle Thanks for sharing these recipes!

I can't seem to find SF Carnation Instant Breakfast. Do you know if sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast has changed its name to Breakfast Essentials No Sugar Added?

At first thin your refried Beans to soupy stage. Then add some cheese. This makes it lots easier to eat for the first time. I ate lots of Soup during the puree and soft food stage. It has no nutrition value and I know carbs.....but when I was wanting something and was not tolerating food good...I made a package of flavored instant potato.....made it thin to soup stage......it was so good!

I cannot have Soups, veggies, fruit, vegetable juice, pork or beef in this stage.

Only cheese, dairy, Beans, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs

So all the Soup and veggies would be great but my doctor does not support that.

Since you are so limited in what you can have you may just need to eat individual foods (rather than recipes/combinations). Ex. Yogurt, turkey/cheese roll ups, cottage cheese, etc.

Can you use herbs, spices, and seasonings? Can you do grilled or baked fish or shrimp?

Since your surgeon is so strict maybe your NUT can provide you with some ideas.

Yes I can have fish and seafood of all kinds. Last night I did some Tilapia in the oven with onions, red pepper, butter and thyme. And I removed the veggies and ate just the fish. I still can only eat about 1 - 2 oz at a time right now.

Saw the NUT yesterday and she just says individual things as well. Thanks.

Ok I was following this topic and now I wonder. Does everything have to be puréed ? I have a real texture issue. I don't like wet foods like gravies and any kind of condiment. I scoop Soup out with a slotted ladle and then eat it with a fork. Would I be able to live on things like yogurt (which I love) during this stage?? Taking real foods and mushing them makes me want to barf. Lol.

I fell in love with scrabble egg with ricotta cheese...cook the egg soft add ricotta much with fork...now my face breakfast.....turkey meatball blend with must catsup. Taste like a burger. Strain s/w Soup blend the hearty parts (add some broth)