Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OKay...I'm probably just hyping myself up too much(I had to keep reminding myself that I just had surgery)

But I found that yesterday the incesion where my port is, is starting to hurt a bit, and I'm quite bruised, it's like I can feel the port pressing..I don't really know how to describe it. And if I touch that area, it's very sore...

Is that normal?

I called TLBC today, but the nurse wasen't there at the time, so I left a message...

Thanks guys

I would say it's normal. I had a large bruise around my port and was tender for the first while. You are just out of surgery, so give it some time.

I ouwld check with the clinic just for reassurance, but I am pretty sure it is just some healing going on.

Mine was tender and throbed a bit for the first month after surgery.

Andrew

ConSafo,

We were banded on the same day, June 14th at TLBC, and I know what you are talking about regarding the port bruise and feeling the port. I was able to feel the port if I lightly touched the area and that was only 5 days out. I took off the steristrips today and the incision is fine, but there is a big bruise right under it where the port is.

I've had no pain, gas or otherwise during my entire first week. Am feeling really lucky so far that I haven't taken any medication and have no problems sleeping on my side (since the second night even!).

Hope you feel better.

Lucky for no gas pain, I'm in hell!

But yeah, i got a hold of someone today, and that's all okay

What time were you banded...I had the 11 slot, lol

bejeweled are you the girl I met at TLBC on the 14th. You wanted to get your script so you could pick it up before surgery?

That pain in my port area last for about 3 weeks. To be honest, I still have a bruise there and I was banded on April 26. It could be from my underwire landing on the site.

3 of my 5 scars had NO pain at all - just some itching, but the long one below my port & the one to the right of it...YOUCH!! :) (I've had 2 c-sections & it's not anything at all like the "pain" from that, which is what I was presuming I'd feel post-Band.) Dr. T called it "port pain" and mine hurt (to a lessening degree) for a full 3 months, which is what he said to expect AND that not everyone experiences it. The 1st 3 days were awful whenever I bent/stretched/twisted too much -- and potty-time was the WORST, bringing me to tears. It got better (to a point) after about 2 weeks. And then, what I dubbed "residual port pain" continued into the 3rd month. My surgery was 4 months (and 50#) ago & still I have "twinges" of it if I overdo the bending!

Yes, it's uncomfortable, but ya know what...it's also a reminder to scale it back! If it hurts, DON'T DO IT...find a different way to get the job done. There are surgical suchers in your abdominal muscle holding your port in place. They can (infrequently, but CAN) rip and the port can flip -- requiring a corrective surgery! So we're actually luckier than people who don't get the reminder pains telling them they're messing with the works! In a way. :P:rolleyes:

Hi DonnaD,

Yes, that was me. All that trouble to get the Demerol prescription filled before my surgery and I didn't even end up taking one pill! Oh, well, I guess they are good to have on hand, just in case.

I didn't take any pain med either. Who decided on your final weight. We are about the same height and build and I told them I wanted to go to 140 and was told 150 was better. Maybe it is because I am almost 50 and they think I should be more realistic. You are much much younger than me. Glad to hear you are doing well. Nice to have met you.

Hi Donna,

Uhm, I decided my goal weight when I created the ticker. You had to put a start and end weight for the ticker.

I would be happy at 150 though, too!

The ticker can always be changed if I find out at the clinic that my goal weight is more/less. It's something to shoot for. I can't remember the last time I weighed 150 or 130. Must be at least 15 years ago!

HA! Whenever I see a ticker, I always wonder how that goal weight was set!

Mine? About a year before being banded, I picked my "goal weight" based on the BMI for my height. I figured why not shoot for HEALTHY! The 125 is a middle weight on my recommended BMI range of 136-101 since I'm 5'2". I asked my surgeon if loosing nearly 200 lbs was really something I'd be able to accomplish... He said that it would take hard work (daily exercise), but that 130-145 was where he'd like to see me in 2 years. And he did mention my age (32) as a positive factor in reaching a healthy BMI. So I decided to leave the goal weight the same. Why not go for the gold? And doesn't 125 sound heavenly? :heh: But my real goal is to be at whatever weight will have me wearing single-digit clothing! Oh, how I'd love to be a size 8!!!!

Suzanne

heck I will be happy to be able to shop in a regular store , pick a pair of pants off the rack and they fit !

:clap2:

heck I will be happy to be able to shop in a regular store , pick a pair of pants off the rack and they fit !

Hello Yasmina;

Your W/L starts are similar to mine (where I'd like to be :0) )

I am being banded Jul 11 at TLBC. Is that where you got done?