Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding.....August 2007! Who else?

Looking for a fun gang to "travel" with!!!! clap2.gifhippie.gifmessenger3.gifplane.gifshade.gifspy.gif:hai l:rockon.gifloco.gifBanane27.gif

I started a thread on the monthly board for anyone who is scheduled for August 2007. Hope to see some travel companions there!

Looking for a fun gang to "travel" with!!!! clap2.gifhippie.gifmessenger3.gifplane.gifshade.gifspy.gif:hai l:rockon.gifloco.gifBanane27.gif

I started a thread on the monthly board for anyone who is scheduled for August 2007. Hope to see some travel companions there!

Ok well I am technically a self pay right now and the date chosen is Aug 2.. however I was able to talk my doctors office into still submitting to my insurance... they never submitted because the "guidelines" say I don'[t qualify. Well I had a long talk with my inusrance company and they claim it to be a case by case scenario so we are submitting.

Now the date I chose is with Dr. Ortiz but I am considering Dr Owens/Dr Lopez where they do the surgery in MX and then I follow up in San Pedro (Part of LA) locally 10 minutes from my house). So we will see how that goes. if It does by my insurance it will still be Dr. Owens, which i Prefer.

Ok so when and who for you?

I don't have the exact date yet, but it will hopefully be the end of July or early Aug. Met my dr Monday and love him. Seeing the psychologist on Friday. I actually live 3 1/2 hours from my surgeon!!!!!!!!!! Crazy I know since there are docs much closer by, but I found this guy on the internet and just kept getting drawn back to his page. When I met him I knew he was the right guy! I am totally kew to this messaging stuff so forgive me me if I screw up. I really am not that old. Don't even know how to insert all those cute images:) How muvh to you want to lose? I'd love to lose 70, but will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to lose even 40!

I don't have the exact date yet, but it will hopefully be the end of July or early Aug. Met my dr Monday and love him. Seeing the psychologist on Friday. I actually live 3 1/2 hours from my surgeon!!!!!!!!!! Crazy I know since there are docs much closer by, but I found this guy on the internet and just kept getting drawn back to his page. When I met him I knew he was the right guy! I am totally kew to this messaging stuff so forgive me me if I screw up. I really am not that old. Don't even know how to insert all those cute images:) How muvh to you want to lose? I'd love to lose 70, but will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to lose even 40!

First of all people travel around the world for the surgeon they want so 3 1/2 hours is nothing. You need to feel comfortable with your surgeon bottom line. :humble: I wish you best of luck with the psych... remember don't let all you alternate personalities out they don't like that LOL...:loco:

I have not actually put my goal down yet but now is a good time. :confused:I am at 252 right now and first major goal is under 200. After that my big goal is 175... now if I can get down to somewhere between 155-165 that would be so freaking AWESOME. :clap2: I was and still am athletic and have lots of muscle still. I am broad so I will never be tiny. So if I can loose 80 pounds life is grand.

What are you most nervous about right now?:cry

Ok so I just found all the smileys.. watch out I am bored.. and its :scalesno: :hungry: or :cocktail:

I'm not sure if I'm nervous about anything except if my insurance co. said no. I don't know why they would though cuz I have high blood pressure and am borderline diabetic.

Maybe just a little nervous about losing my hobby - eating! Guess I'll have to find something else and really that is so ok with me. I remember when I was younger and "stomach stapling" was the surgery of choice. I always would wish I would do that but was a chicken.

One thing I want to do is take yoga and not feel like a complete idiot. I tried twice but everyone was very slender and I felt like a fat blob. My 16 year old daughter is going to take it with me once I get down in weight a bit!

What are you worried about? By the way I have 3 kids too and I lalso LOVE being a mom. enjoy - your kids are younger than mine. I'll have 3 teenagers by the end of summer. they're still fun, but it's very different!

Hi!

So happy to see a few others looking at August as their date! Greetings! To answer some of the ??'s....

-My dr is Dr. Carol McCloskey at UPMC Magee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.

-My approval came in on Friday from my insurance co...:clap2:. They would not set a surgery date until that came in. I was joyous! Things moved a bit slower than I had hoped in terms of getting all the tests done and the appointments set up. I started the process in April so that I could hopefully be banded mid-June (which would work out best for my life!). But, getting an appt with the nutritionist and the psychologist was what pushed me into August. Both of them had at least a month wait time!

-The key piece to approvals with BCBS here in PA is the 6 month medically supervised diet. Fortunately, I have been on a medically supervised diet for 2 years....an unsucessful one, I might add!

-I would love to loose 100 lbs. But, gee, I'd take 50!

-I'm working on figuring out how to get a ticker on here. And, I *might* post a pix of myself in my signature. It would be my "before" picture. But, as I was explaining to my sister the other day when we were looking at pix from my son's college commencement---"before" pictures are okay when you look better NOW. But, "before" pictures are not exactly fun to look at when you STILL look that way!!! LOL!!!

-Like most people who come to this decision, I am doing this for me....I want to feel better, be more healthy, enjoy my life, participate in my life and extend my "good life" as long as I can! I cannot reclaim these past few years. But, I can make future ones the best they can be!

-So, August Band Mates.....remember the scene in Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid where they held hands and jumped off the cliff? Well.....gimme your hands.....we're going!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........

Ok fellow Augies... I got a new date and a new plan. Originally I was going to have Dr. Ortiz do my surgery but now Dr Owens (local Doc) is going to do it for me on August 7th... here is the kicker, he does surgery in MX himself, with Dr Lopez assisting him at hospital Angeles. I have all my preop apts set for July 12th, which is when he will give me the diet and go over everything else. I wanted to see him like tomorrow but he is a very busy man and has many surgeries to schedule. I am getting the best of both worlds as a self pay, I only pay $9000, have my surgery in MX, a 2 hour drive, stay the night and come home the next day, get all my aftercare 10 minutes from my house here in the states and all fills included for a year. I like my deal...

I feel like i should start to accumulate all the neccessities for pre and post op care. I already got the Tylenol liquid adult strength... but will I be jinxing myself by getting the gas x and other things now?

I keep waiting for my fear to set it, right now i am so excited. Most of my friends think i am nuts, but yet the person i thought who would not support me but is 100% behind me is my brother. Of coarse he is the one who has made the most fun of my weight for YEARS. I haven't even told most of my friends and the ones who do know (select few) will go nuts about my surgery being in MX. Although one friend was just looking into the lap band today and when she mentioned it to me today I told her and now she is excited. She is letting me be the guniea pig and might do it afterwards! Kinda cool in a way...

Ok going to try and sleep tonight instead of obsessing over the board tonight and tryin to learn it all!!

I am hopefully having my surgery in the middle of August. Good Luck!!!

Welcome, I wish you the best. When will you get your surgery date? And where are you having surgery and with whom?

Hello everyone!!

I have done nutritionist,psych,education and see the surgeon July 13, for an August schedule. Insurance approved!!YEAH!! I will be traveling 3 hours for mine. Which is not unusual living in rural New Mexico. I am trying to begin the low-carb diet they recommended, also trying to eat of a salad plate, practice chewing 23 times, elimnating caffeine and diet coke. I am attacking it bit by bit, piece by piece......I don't want to give up everything right at surgery, besides it helps me to start practicing!! I am depending on all you August banders to be my support group, we don't have in town. Best Wishes To All!!!

If I were to get approved, I will be scheduling in August. Guess I will know in a couple weeks!!

If I were to get approved, I will be scheduling in August. Guess I will know in a couple weeks!!

sounds great, where are you at? What Dr?

I live in Northern CA and if I get approved, Dr Ganser at Western Bariatric in Reno will do the surgery!

Hi!

My name is Lisa and I have a surgery date of August 6th. I am an RN who works in the ER and have had the pleasure of getting to know the doc over many years of working with him in an ER setting. I am self pay (!) as our insurance considers WLS "cosmetic" but am hoping at the end of the year I can recoup some of the medical expense when I do my taxes. The important thing is getting this done and on with my life in better health. BTW...am sure having a hard time navigating this site. I get e-mails saying I have a response , but can not find them...any suggestions?? Lisa

I am scheduled for Aug. 6, 07 so I will starting my band journey at that time. I have been on a pre-op diet since May, and have done pretty good so far. I can't wait to see how I do with the band.