Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on the loser bench because of Dr. Lopez

Once in San Diego my Phone decided to crash and I lost David’s number in which I was to call once reaching San Diego. Fortunately I knew his email and knew that he is always online and would answer right away. Once he did he informed me that Big Robert was on his way but stuck at the border and would get there as soon as possible. Robert and I found each other and he swiftly loaded my luggage and we were on our way toward the Mexico Border. To say the least I was nervous getting in the car with a stranger but after just a few moments he had me at ease and we were talking about family and cooking and I had forgotten I had just met him moments ago. Just as I was Settling in for the drive, we pulled up to the Recovery house. Robert grabbed my luggage like the gentlemen he was and walked me in to the gated community of duplexes. That is when I met Juanito,who is the guy that lives in the duplex next to the recovery condo. He is there for the patients before and after surgery. He is a great guy and will be that shoulder that you need to have if coming to Mexico alone.He showed me to my room offered to show my how the TV worked and asked if there was anything he could do for me.That is how I met Penny in passing Big Robert dropped me off and picked her up to whisked her away,and back across the border,after stopping at the coach outlet.That night I met David Lopez the coordinator for bariatricpal whom was sleeping most of the day because he had been at one of the hospitals with a patient that needed him.

The next day I waited knowing that at any time they could tell me it was time to leave to go to the Hospital. Not sure why I was taken by bariatricpal’s main plastic surgeon and his wife to the hospital but I’m sure it was because Big Robert was picking someone else up or needed a day off. Once we arrived, it was as like clock work, an ekg was done,and Consuela came in to prepare me for surgery.Not to mention Little Robert was brought into the picture to keep me company also during my stay at Santa Fe Medical Center.

Later that day I awoke to Consuela in my room putting antibiotics and pain meds in my IV,and Lillte Robert sitting on the couch in my room. Consuela tried very hard in broken english to tell me I was fine and to go back to sleep, but in most cases Robert would tell me what she was saying.Many times during that day she came in to check on me and to make sure I didn't need for anything.Then as the night came to a close she came in one last time,after Robert left to let me know she was heading home. Not to be unfair but the other nurses at the Santa Fe Medical Center were nice but not as mothering as Consuela. There was also many interpreters wandering the hall if needed. My favorites were Salvador or Edwin.Awaking the next day I was told to take a shower they would change the bandages and then it was time to walk.That is how I met my neighbors in the next room also going through the same procedure. With every walk I tried to push a little further and knew the gas would dissipate with more movement.Soon enough the Plastic surgeon and his wife were back and I was packed up and taken to a near by to a x-ray lab. The swallow test was done and we were headed back to the recovery house.

This is where I met Kim my roommate, for the first time. we had both had surgery yet hers had been a revision. we talked and watched TV and Robert took us walking through the neighborhood. Juanito also has the most wonderful chicken broth he can get you. It is about 3 dollars US when he arrives with it but WELL worth it. That night I started my period, from Hell!!! Both Kim and I were visited by our surgeons and video taped our journeys.That is when I met Kim’s doctor, and she met mine.Dr. Lopez was very kind and did a great job on my surgery and came highly rated by my new pen pal and his education, yet lacked bedside manner and english to communicate. Though I had been warned of this before choosing him as my doctor.Though Dr. Zavalta was just the opposite of Dr. Lopez and was very comfortable talking to his patients in english. David was asked to print up Dr. Zavalta’s nutritional guide lines for healing for Kim,who in turn gave them to me since my doctor gave me nothing for followup but medication. Dr. Zalvalta also sat down with me and discussed everything and explained and answered questions. While my surgeon sat arguing with David over combining Nuts for all the Doctors.He also disagreed with me getting a copy of Dr. Zavalta’s guidelines(too late) .The next day Kim and I were saying goodbye and dropped off to start our journeys home.

Nicely written mom,

Congrats. Please keep us posted on your weight loss ride... I know it helps me as a veteran to hear fresh stories

Good luck????

Hi Just Mom,

Great story! Well said. :) Cograts on making the best transformation decision of your life!! The best to you on your weight loss journey!