Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so sorry to hear how much your struggling. I went through this mourning process after I had my Lap Band in 2010. I just had By pass on 03/11 and even though I know the game at this point, I felt a bit like that again. We are addicts, and want at SOME level to be all alone with our disease like anyone with an addiction. I eventually was forced to seek out a Psychiatrist for people with compulsive eating disorders and went on a drug called Topamax. It literally changed my life when it comes to my food addiction. Please do talk to your doctor about these feeling, they ARE common with us and there are drugs that can help. You don't have to feel bad forever and even without drugs, the intensity of the feelings will pass some with counseling. However, I really think you are having the same reaction to your food addiction that I had once the calm after the storm set in. If you ever want to talk, I am out here. Send me a message any time, you are not the only one who has ever felt this way and it wont last forever. Be well.

Thank you for writing what you did @@armywife79, it has really resonated with me, as has all the posts on this thread. Pre surgery I struggled with physical hunger but post surgery I'm struggling much more mentally.

We can do this folks! We're strong :)

Hello I'm a 66 r old and I'm jumping back and forth in my head over this I've been to two classes have two more to go the hard part is trying to figure out everything it's alot to take in I hope I find someone to talk to about everything cause I'm a worrier

Hello I'm a 66 r old and I'm jumping back and forth in my head over this I've been to two classes have two more to go the hard part is trying to figure out everything it's alot to take in I hope I find someone to talk to about everything cause I'm a worrier

I am also 66 and my bypass is scheduled for 4/14, just 3 more days. I am very excited and up to this point I have not had any hesitation with my decision. I have done alot of research since my decision in January to go forward with this and I feel quite prepared for my new life. I made the decision that I don't like living with my current body and all my pain that the extra weight on me causes. So I have decided that I will live out my remaining years by becoming as healthy as possible and be able to enjoy the things I would still like to do. I'll be happy to talk with you anytime.

I've struggled w regret far longer than I ever anticipated. Much of this is because 5 weeks after my surgery I had to move cross country. The 4-day trip along with my husband's job layoff and then trying to find a place to move into once we arrived here has brought significant upheaval on its own. I have that along with the surgery and the inability for a couple of weeks to control when I ate and what I ate. Finally things are stabilizing. But had I known all this was coming, I would not have done it. I have lost some weight but not so much that it feels worth it. Hoping soon I will start feeling better.

Edited by sherriswain

You are not alone.. I'm ten days post op and today was my weakest day. I went out to cvs and all around me food. The smells and all the junk food... Hating the Protein Shakes and just wanting to have even the smallest bite of anything. What I did was take myself out of the store and have a Jello. Next time I go out I'll take a small snack with me or go right after a Protein Shake. It's not easy might not get easier soon. but we need to use this tool and work with it... Let's see how tomorrow goes, one day at a time and we will love that we pulled through later when we see the great results. I also add ice chips to my Protein shake to give me the feeling of chewing. Drinking plenty of Water and walking (being busy) helps me. Good luck and hang in there :)

Thank you for all the support. Things have gotten better. I don't regret as much as I used to. Lately, I've been feeling like everything I eat is upsetting my stomach. I've found that pita chips, baked ones not fried, sit well with my stomach, but I know they aren't very nutritious. I have a Protein shake for Breakfast, some type of cheese as a snack. dinner is the hardest part. I've thrown up more times than I want to. It's an everyday battle to get my Protein and Water in but I somehow manage to do it. I can't stand the Calcium chews from Bariatric Advantage so I don't take them. I have bought calcium citrate in a pill form that I am going to start taking. I just wonder if these feelings are somewhat normal. I see all these recipes for good nutritious food but I don't make any of it! It feels like I would waste more than I would eat. I'm ready to feel normal again!!!!! lol!

I'm in the same situation. I'm 6 days post op and first check up in two days. My first full day home from hospital was horrible. I kept telling my self Why even though I tried 3 times with different insurance in 4 years to have roux-en-y. I thought I was prepared.

I didn't know how much I really love food and majority of the time I ate healthy.

It's really hard and just sitting here at the house alone is even harder. I keep telling my self it will get better!

Try journaling your thoughts. It really helped me a lot. I can look back now and really see how far I have come. I kept track of the weight loss each entry and how I was feeling. I seriously regretted the surgery. Now, 4 months later, I don't feel like that. I have lost 74 lbs and that feels wonderful. I am glad now as I know this tool really will help keep me on the straight and narrow!

I had my surgery May 6 2015 I am very lucky I had 1 week of pain, I'm about 14 weeks out I have lost 35 pounds thought should be more, I'm disabled so that slows it down. My PCP is the best he said look how long you tried to lose weight you look great so a pound is a pound. My stomach is tough I eat what I want but also get 100 grams of Protein everyday can't eat much so about 700 calories a day sometimes more. Just listen to your body it knows. Wishing you luck.

Hello everyone I just had my surgery aug 18th I'm feeling horrible I have been feeling shaky /sweaty and weak even after I have had Water or my Protein Shake. I'm not takin any pain meds cuz I'm not in pain I feel shaky as hell and weak I feel miserable! I regret this surgery and I'm having so much doubt. I feel like crying, I'm so worried. People say say oh u gotta walk how can u walk if ur weak and shaky/ sweaty?!

I haven't had my surgery yet but Im already mourning the loss of food. Its making eating healthy leading up to surgery virtually impossible for me. I know without a doubt I'm going to be in the trenches too after surgery... but i hold on or am trying to hold onto my belief that the outcome will far outweigh the struggle. I'm glad I'm not alone in my feeling of mourning. reading this helped me.

I have major deppresion, and anxiety attacks. I'm been on anxiety meds for 2 years now which is why I am able to get my sleeve done with no worries, anxiety, or apprehension. Had I not addressed my mental health prior to addressing my physical health, like you I would be freaking out too. ???? By the way I take Lexapro and it makes my life a breeze. Be encouraged!