Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Years, At Goal, Tummy Tuck Complications

loseitsoon.... thanks, OMG... i really had to sit and think for a few and try and remember how old i was when i had it done...43... hehe So not old, but no spring chicken.... lol You look great by the way.... What made you do all this at your age? Just curious... Who am i kidding... Im nosy.... i own that...

so because i can't remember crap... I'm calling my ps and asking him what day did i have my tt... I was thinking april, but i think im wrong because it was right be for Mardi Gras 2012.... So it had to be February... Ill have to get back about that... but i do know i was back to work in two weeks.

I somewhat agree with you samuelsmom, any procedure comes with risk and of course the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain... Hell i was back at work in three day after my Gallbladder. One week after WLS...But i know my body. I looked at it this way.... I didn't lose all that weight and bust my ass in the gym to be left with all that hanging... No amount of exercise was getting rid of that.... It was a risk i was willing to take and im glad i did. My only regret was not have a breast reduction at the same time.... I listen to other and was told how hard the tt surgery was and to not have both done.... now im stuck with these huge breast and can't lose them.... i started out a 44G... now im a 34H....

This has been a most fascinating thread....so much so that I have cancelled my TT. I don't have a hanging stomach and I am 61 so I can't get a lot of mileage out of it going forward. A bit disappointed but I just don't have 5 months to waste at my age to recover. I did have a breast reduction done 2 years ago and I simply cannot even imagine having my old, dangling, sagging, mismatched breasts. I love my new breasts and I was up and about 48 hours after surgery. Barely a blip on the radar. But if I did have a large stomach that hung down I would do it. But the scar is so huge....so not going there this time around....but I'll figure out some other body part to remodel!

I , too, was really apprehensive.

I just wanted it And saved. And finally the day came???? SO HAPPY

but it has only been 24 hrs. And the lidocaine pump was a fabulous new trick

Once again. The worry before was worse than the procedure

I'm not naive... We shall see this weekend. Bandage change w/ doc mañana. Dear friends for nurses. And you guys! I'm content

It is definitely a personal decision. One I'm glad I did. I know that they have horrible stories. I thank God I was not one of those

Bayougirlsc, I have always wanted a flat tummy, after working so hard to lose the weight it was my reward. I had also had many surgeries in the past so I really wasn't worried about complications, I guess should have. As you can see I did have a lot of overhanging skin that I have always hated. My husband couldn't figure out why I wanted this so badly, he thought I should have had my arm or breasts done, it anything, he was just so happy that the weight was off. The first time we saw the results I cried, he said, he got it a that moment why I wanted the Tummy Tuck. Still love the results.

One week out from TT.

It was not an easy week... I'm very thankful I took 2 weeks off work. I'm also thankful for pain killers.

Just for a point of reference.. I've had two 9 lb babies and this was difficult!

Not being able to sleep on my sides has been hard as I do roll onto them and quickly roll back awake mid sleep

Glad I did it and my doc was great, but really research. The pain level for me was high.

Getting better daily

I hope to post in a month or two how you just go on and forget.... But right now.....just know for some it will be a tough couple of weeks❤️????

It does get better with time. I sleep on my back, I had to put a pillow on both sides to keep me from rolling over.

Thank you for sharing, you look wonderful!