Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers...where are you?

@@CandyCrushVSG

Please add me to your FB group. My surgery will be May 13. Thank you!!

Edited by katress27

Please add me to your fb group my surgery is may 4

We have the same date...:);)

Hi everyone! It feels great to finally have a date even through I feel anxious now. My date is May 26th. Wish it was sooner but everything happens for a reason. Looking forward to this new life!

Hi. I'm new. This is my first "real" post. I am a nurse and YES I am going to Mexico to have my surgery. After months and months of research, I chose Dr. Ortiz at OCC. I am very excited and nervous! This site has been extremely helpful. I admire everyone's honesty and willingness to support each other.

Hi better-half! We are scheduled the same day with the same Dr!! I'm getting pretty excited as it gets closer! Did you get your instructions yet from our nutritionist? I have to lose 11 pounds pre surgery, little nervous about that. I have 6 pounds still to lose , hope I can get it done !!

Hi Sleeved2015...Nice to meet you! Yes, I did get instructions for the Nutritionist and I also had to lose about 11 pounds. You sound like you are doing better than I am, I have only lost 4lbs. I am nervous, but excited. I have heard great things about Dr. A. Ortiz, so far. Do you have someone going with you for support? My husband will be going down with me. Lets stay in touch!

@@Better-half After completely going off track with Easter dinner I'm afraid to weigh myself lol! I will have to get back into focus from here on out. My husband is traveling with me too, I had to do some major talking to convince him going to Mexico was not only safe but the Dr. I'm using is top in his field. I finally got the copies of our birth certificates mailed to us and tomorrow we have appointments to get our passports so hopefully we won't have any delays receiving them. Where are you traveling from? We are coming from Phoenix AZ. I figured we would drive since it's so close but now I'm considering flying just so we won't have to stop every hour on the way home so I can get out of the car and stretch like the Dr wants. There's not much in between here and California and don't like the idea of just pacing around the car to make sure I don't get blood clots lol!

Hi! I just joined the forums and I'm scheduled for May 18th. I had a 6 month supervised diet and got approved the first time through insurance. I'm nervous and excited and would love to have some company through the process. How do I join your Facebook group? I want sleever friends!

Hi I'm new and I'm getting sleeved on May 12th! I'm super excited and nervous! Wishing you all well!

Welcome

Come join a little support group for May :) For anyone and everyone! I will leave it closed till we get some more members then make it secret so it won't show up at all :P

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1557588864506557/

@@CandyCrushVSG the link says unavailable. Can you invite? Www.Facebook.com/osu2k1

thanks!

And May the 4th be with you, always! ????

@@Better-half After completely going off track with Easter dinner I'm afraid to weigh myself lol! I will have to get back into focus from here on out. My husband is traveling with me too, I had to do some major talking to convince him going to Mexico was not only safe but the Dr. I'm using is top in his field. I finally got the copies of our birth certificates mailed to us and tomorrow we have appointments to get our passports so hopefully we won't have any delays receiving them. Where are you traveling from? We are coming from Phoenix AZ. I figured we would drive since it's so close but now I'm considering flying just so we won't have to stop every hour on the way home so I can get out of the car and stretch like the Dr wants. There's not much in between here and California and don't like the idea of just pacing around the car to make sure I don't get blood clots lol!

We are coming from Houston. My husband was a little nervous too, until I had him read up on the reviews, toured the website, and read some of the feedback from this site. We are coming from Houston, so definitely flying. My husband and I are both nurses, so I guess it makes it a little easier...well at least the 'fear of the unknown' factor. The only difference is he wanted to know things like complication rate, infection rates, and success rates. It also helps that he is hispanic, so he can help with translation. He is not completely fluent, but can get by. I was actually in Phoenix, AZ for nursing seminar several months back, very nice, but very dry (for me at least). As for the diet...I will be out of town at the the end of this week, our last vacation until May 15th, so after I am planning on getting serious when we get back on Sunday. I hope that leaves me enough time to lose 11l bs in 4 weeks. Good Luck to you too! I know you can do it. I am happy to have a surgery buddy! :)

Btw, anyone that wants to join the may sleevers fb group, we are now secret, so the link no longer works. Just pm me, @CandyCrushVSG or @jayshann with your email and we can get you in. 17 members so far!

Edited by Less of Jess

Hi better-half! I'm so glad to find someone on the same journey as me! How lucky for you that your husband can help with the language, that would be very helpful! I found information on the OCC website that lists the complication rate and infection rates etc if you haven't already found it. I was very pleased with their reports! This was the main reason I picked Dr. Ortiz out of all the options in Mexico. I also liked the fact that the center is an international center of excellence also very important to help calm the nerves lol! Enjoy your vacation and I guess we will meet in Mexico!