Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 12/12 - need cold medicine

Hi all! I was sleeved on 12/12 and am doing great, except I've started having cold symptoms (sore scratchy throat, etc.) not sure what I can take for this. I know I can't take anything with ibeprofuen in it but can I swallow big pills at this point? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

I was cleared for pills at one month. I was also cleared for sugar free cough Syrup at 5 weeks post-op when I came down with a nasty cold. It seriously didn't go away for a MONTH.

I'd check with your doc on the Mucinex pills. I don't know anything about them. When I was sick, I was told sugar free Syrup.

The best advice is to call your physician. I too was sleeved on 12/12 and I managed to contract the flu. My doctor made it clear to me that she didn't want me taking a bunch of over the counter medicines. She prescribed medicines for me in liquid form, and tablets that melt in your mouth. Although I was able to swallow the big "horse pills" with no problem, she still didn't want me to do it.

It's always the wisest thing to do... CALL YOUR SURGEON!

I would take liquid Nyquil at night

@@applegal79 - I took Tylenol Severe Cold before and after surgery.

I'm 4 weeks post-op and came down with the flu last week. The doctor told me to take liquid Children's Tylenol. It did help A LOT.

I'm 4 weeks post-op and came down with the flu last week. The doctor told me to take liquid Children's Tylenol. It did help A LOT.

This is interesting. I was specifically told NOT to take Children's Tylenol, due to the sugar content. Each program definitely has it's own rules!

Tylenol makes an adult liquid. Much better than the sugary children's version.