Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in June

Good morning all you Marchies and others who wish to join us. I got on this morning to see how everyone was doing but found us Marchies on page 2 of the threads. We can't have that. We're Marching to success every day and really need each other for support.

I'm going camping this weekend (sort of promised the ring barrer for my son's wedding if he would go down the aisle last weekend we would go camping this weekend). I haven't got things all ready yet. I kept a baby yesterday that I wasn't planning for so got nothing done. The older kids would have thought it were a big deal to help by carrying something like paper towels to the camper. I did have a problem finding clothes to wear camping, you know better than what I wear here at home but not too good. My last years clothes just sort of hang all over me. Swimsuit I bought last year and stuffed my body in sure looks good this year. It will have to do for all camping trips this year because I don't wear them often enough and they're too expensive for just a couple of weeks of wear. It's about time for kids so will sign off. I may not have time to get back on until Sunday night. Everyone have a really great weekend. I am.

Good Morning America!!!!!!!!

"FEEL THE RAIN ON YOUR SKIN!

"NO ONE ELSE CAN FEEL IT FOR YOU!!!!

"ONLY YOU CAN LET IT IN!!!

" NOONE ELSE! NOONE ELSE!!!!

Today is a new Month and today is a new day!!!

I have a few personal goals for myself for this month

Lose 10 pounds by July!!!

Exercise at lest 3 times a week!

No cheetos

Drink 4 bottles of Water a day

Take more time to pamper myself!!!

Goodbye to May is was a great month!

Plans for the weekend possible date??? Gotta get my car fixed

CHURCH on Sunday!!!

See you guys Monday!!!!

And I'm OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on my way to start our new thread, but I see we already have one. Thanks LLSibley! :confused:

Here's a cutsie Challenge title to put in your signature if you like (of course you can change the challenge to whatever you wish).

Marchies "Fun in the Sun" June Challenge :ip:

40min Exercise Sessions: 1 of 20 completed

100 crunches/day: 1 of 20 completed

Happy Belated Birthday Sophie!!! :happybday:

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!! :love:

Sorry if I overstepped my boundries instarting this thread. I just felt so good when I got up and wanted to start June with a bang. Since then things have become a reality once again and I'm not getting done what I had really started. Needed a rest so got back on line. Can't wait until all the kids leave this afternoon so I can head out camping.

Sorry if I overstepped my boundries instarting this thread. I just felt so good when I got up and wanted to start June with a bang. Since then things have become a reality once again and I'm not getting done what I had really started. Needed a rest so got back on line. Can't wait until all the kids leave this afternoon so I can head out camping.

No, you certainly did not. The thread belongs to no one and anyone can start it. I am glad you started it to switch things up a little! Variety is the spice of life...lol!!! :biggrin1:

It's June, It's a brand new month full of brand new challanges for all of us Marchies.

*****Mary's June challanges:

drink at least 3 bottles of h20 per day

follow new exercise program (2 days weights/3 days cardio)

NO eating crap! ....well maybe an occasional treat, occasional is NOT daily!

My shoulder pain has subsided quite a bit today. I did take a tylenol this am, haven't heard from the Dr. yet, had liquids for dinner last night and am sticking to mushies today.

I'll see him on Monday, it's been exactly 80 days since my banding and I've lost 35 lbs.

everyone have a great friday....it's the weekend let's go play!

Mary, glad your should pain is better today. Just take it easy over the weekend till you see the doctor.

I have decide that this the month to really start with the excerise. I'm starting with just 15 minutes walking at this time. With all the knee and hip pain I'm hoping it will get better with excerise and the weight lost. I hope to lose 10-15 pounds this month.

I don't get another fill for 2 weeks I have thought about call to see if I can get one soon then that. I have not lost much since my last fill. I keep playing with the same 2 or 3 lbs up and down. Hoping the excerise will push me over that hump.

Everyone have a great weekend. Hoping it doesn't rain anymore this weekend, I've had enough gloom and doom for a while.

carol

't

Hello Marchies! We were on page 2?! That is so not allowed!

Mary good to know you are feeling better.

May was quite a month! I met my 10 pound loss goal for the month so I've postponed my first fill appoinment to July 9th! I know I'm somewhat the loner on this board, doing this with out fills...but it's working for me...I'll run, not walk, to the doctor's office when my weight loss slows down.

When I doubt the band is giving me restriction all I need to do is eat lunchmeat too quickly and Bada Bing Bada Boom I PB or get awefully near to it. Read slime. EwW!

As for personal challenges they are mostly in my head, like stop comparing my losses to other people's and stop trying to hurry the process along.

I'm looking to hire a personal trainer but I'm waiting to see what kind of money I can put toward that. Still paying freaking co-pays from the surgery. I'm grateful for insurance, but still it's money out of the ol' budget. Know what I mean?

It's raining here now, I hope it clears up by tomorrow so DD and I can go to the pool!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Hi all,

This is the first time I've decided to set myself goals for the month. Before this I was just trying to survive the month. I am going to lose 5kilo's for June and walk for half an hour every day.

This weekend is my sister's birthday so my husband and I and the boys are off to Gladstone to her house. We are all going bowling tonight with ALL the kids. GOD HELP US~~ hehehe

You all have a fantastic weekend, keep smiling, keep positive and stay focused.

Take care

Hi Marchies

Mary, I've been reading about your shoulder pain, glad its feeling better. Just take it easy for now.

I've decided to make some fitness goals for this month. I've been just floating along for a while. I have been working out, but its been really hit or miss. I'm going to try to get to the gym 3 times per week this month to do about 45 minutes of cardio. That's my goal. I usually am really good about getting enough Water, and as for the eating, it's been ok. I sometimes feel like I am still trying to figure out what I can eat and what I can't eat. Lately I've been feeling much tighter than usual, and the first few bites of any meal I always get a fireball, and I've been paying attention to chew, chew, chew.

Good Luck to everyone this month!!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Gina and I had a VG band installed March 15, 2007. So far things have been ok. One fill 5/7 and I have had my first experience with pb-ing (twice in one week)! I have lost a little over 20 pounds and feel great, but I need a challenge and some support to keep me away from cheese popcorn which unfortunatly does not cause the pbs- steak and bread are giving me some definite problems. Thank god I found this site b/c I have learned so much in the 2 weeks or so I have been here.

Gina

HI Folks,

Reading the other posts, I feel like I have not done as well as I should have? I have only lost 24 pounds since March 20th but I have not had a fill and I did quit smoking on May 5th.

I get my 1st fill on Tuesday so wish me luck. I need to count calories because I think I am eating too many calories a day. I need to focus!!!

NOW...about this ticker thingy.....do I have to copy and paste it every time I post?

Thanks for the support of this forum!!!

weight.png

Welcome Gina. Nice to have you here.

Tranam, it's hard not to compare ourselves I know. But it is an individual jouney. Don't be so hard on yourself. And KUDOS to you for quitting smoking! That's a huge accomplishment!

Lisa, Jamcambra and Carol, sounds like you all are looking to exercise more. That's wonderful! Remember what they say, who ever they are, "no one ever finishes a workout and thinks it's a waste of time."

Happy June!

Hi all!

I need to get back in the game. I've been feeling kind of depressed since I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago and he couldn't do my fill because the port had tilted. I go back on 6/21 and hopefully he can do it then or he has to go in surgically to fix it. Not looking forward to that!

I've only lost a few lbs in the 3 weeks. My total loss is 31 since March 12 (surgery date).

We bought a treadmill and I've been doing that every day but the weight just isn't coming off. I really need a fill, I haven't even had 1 yet! Oh well, at least I'm not gaining weight.

Keep up the good work everyone!