Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your differences between Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3?

Thanks Rogofulm....but I just looked at your weight and BMI and I think you are doing MUCH better than me!!! Still, no complaints! Life is great.

But I'm not three years out. THAT'S what's truly impressive about your success!!! It's what we all dream about....

I have read a few of her posts - are there others that follow this pattern?

@@VSGAnn2014

@@VSGAnn2014 I am curious about your observations. Tell me more.

@@CowgirlJane ... really not much more than what I said in my post above at http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/330902-what-are-your-differences-between-year-1-year-2-and-year-3/?p=3824614

Over at www.gastricsleeve.com there's a woman named "Grace" who really suffers from this problem. To find her posts, use the Advanced Search function and look for Keyword "hypoglycemia" and User Name "Grace." Her posts have generated some good discussions on that board.

@@CowgirlJane ... I can't cite specific posts (can't remember them).

There's another person on that forum named "Jane" (although her handle is longer than that) who has the same issues. I think she was a very low-carb loser, too.

Some patients report they are told to eat under 50 carb grams or even 30 carb grams a day. That's low!

As I said, I'm looking for more data points. If you hear of any, please post 'em here. TIA.

I'm 2 +years out and I've gained 30 lbs from goal. :( working on it but in doing low carb high fat and it's really not going as quickly as I feel it should. I should probably cut the fat bit I love real bitter sooooo much. Everything is better with it. And my half and half in my coffee is a real weakness. The first year I exercised religiously and track calories and burns calories etc. drained all the Water that I was supposed to and followed all he rules. As soon as one year was up and I was at goal everything went south. I'm still moderately happy with my weight. I mean I'm not 220 lbs but I want my healthy self back. The one that could wear a size four.

Please tell me what yall put in your coffee. I don't like almond milk in it. Cashew is okay if I add butter. ????. I don't like hydrogenated oils in the powders.

The main thing motivating me to get back to goal and stay there is the mommy makeover of love to get

Edited by amytug

I'm 2.5 years out. I find it really helps to reset once a month. For two or three days I drink Protein shakes and green juices and have a really small dinner. I stay at or below my goal of 175 (I'm 5'10") most of the time. If I go above 175, I start watching what I eat more closely.

@@VSGAnn2014 I am curious about your observations. Tell me more.

@@CowgirlJane ... really not much more than what I said in my post above at http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/330902-what-are-your-differences-between-year-1-year-2-and-year-3/?p=3824614

Over at www.gastricsleeve.com there's a woman named "Grace" who really suffers from this problem. To find her posts, use the Advanced Search function and look for Keyword "hypoglycemia" and User Name "Grace." Her posts have generated some good discussions on that board.

I'm also having a really hard time with reactive hypoglycemia. I wasn't a low carb fanatic at any time since my surgery. I have episodes around 11:30 if I don't drink a Protein shake for Breakfast or if I have anything with excess sugar in it. I also have episodes in the middle of the night. I thought I was having night sweats, but I have the tremors and ravenous hunger as well.

I'm 2 +years out and I've gained 30 lbs from goal. :( working on it but in doing low carb high fat and it's really not going as quickly as I feel it should. I should probably cut the fat bit I love real bitter sooooo much. Everything is better with it. And my half and half in my coffee is a real weakness. The first year I exercised religiously and track calories and burns calories etc. drained all the Water that I was supposed to and followed all he rules. As soon as one year was up and I was at goal everything went south. I'm still moderately happy with my weight. I mean I'm not 220 lbs but I want my healthy self back. The one that could wear a size four.

Please tell me what yall put in your coffee. I don't like almond milk in it. Cashew is okay if I add butter. ????. I don't like hydrogenated oils in the powders.< /p>

The main thing motivating me to get back to goal and stay there is the mommy makeover of love to get

I'm weird but I put Protein shake in my coffee! Syntrax Matrix vanilla, Atkins French vanilla and my new favorite Select Protein Snickerdoodle.

IMG_2845.jpeg

Sorry about the random appearing link to nothing. I'm still getting the hang of this app on my iPhone ????

I find this to be one of the more interesting threads. Nearly 6 months after my initial post and I am STILL struggling. Meaning I am bouncing outside my bounce range.

I looked back at some old pictures when I was well under goal and I did not look better. I am finding 3.5 years post band to sleeve revision a time to both continue the struggle (never surrender. ..quote from Galaxy Quest) combined with a degree of acceptance. Ya know, I never really was a skinny chick..

Last month or so I have actually found myself thinking about dairy queen blizzards and other old habits I left behind years ago. I think that I have abandoned some of my new rituals which has left room for old bad ones to return. So far no DQ; but I have been thinking about what additional help or support I might be needing right now.

I hear ya there. I have had the DQ blizzards. They make mini ones. They give me diarrhea pretty quickly. I've had a lot of other bad stuff too.

I've been trying to do better but the night time snacking is what keeps me from going down at all, and having to make sure I don't go up anymore.

Hey @@CowgirlJane,

You are such an inspiration to so many of us! Your experience and willingness to talk about the struggles as well as the victories show us what we can expect, and what to look out for. Eff, DQ! That's the sort of thinking that got you to where you WERE. It's the good choices that got you to where you ARE! "I never really was a skinny chick..." is defeatist thinking. That's settling, and you don't do that any more. (How am I doin' with this motivational speech?) One of the components of our program is supporting those who are behind us in the journey. Let that motivate you too. Dare I say that you are a role model? Or is that too much danged pressure? However you look at it, maybe it's time for a reset, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Use us, just like we've used you – for motivation! Good luck, we're all behind you!!!

@@VSGAnn2014 posted a link to this outstanding presentation about long term maintenance post WLS. Well worth watching to understand the topic of how things change over time.

@@Rogofulm you are quite right - time for a reset. I find that I continue to "peel the onion" and discover new things, or rediscover old things that were apparently not behind me. I talk about these things publicly because i frankly have limits of how much I want to "dump" on my real life friends as none of them have gone through what all of us on this site have.... and it helps me to talk. I think it is also useful for people like yourself who are "paying attention" that this is way more than losing weight. Maintaining that loss means alot of other things besides WLS (for most of us anyway!)

So, to be clear... i don't want a DQ blizzard. That is the kind of food that harmed me, it doesn't even taste that good. If I am gonna have a decadent dessert - it will be a fine dining experience, not some crap from a drive through. What I became aware of is driving by the DQ and thinking about eating a blizzard when I haven't desired that in years. A self observation - why? I think it because I am a little tired, a little fatigued and my mind is looking for something to numb my feelings. Low quality sugary treats worked in the past!

So, I think I am mildly depressed because I don't feel like doing fun stuff lately. Last night I had a choice to do two different fun, active, healthy activities and I couldn't motivate myself to do either. Luckily, each day offers those types of things so there is always a chance to make a good choice.

Excellent video! I'd recommend it to anyone who has had, or is contemplating having weight loss surgery. Thanks very much for sharing the link!