Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

We shouldn't kill people because they may (or even will) have a difficult life. I go back to that UCLA study years ago where the majority of people said they'd abort if their unborn baby was found to have the "fat gene". Where would all of us be right now if our parents had aborted because they found out we might be fat later in life?

Touche :glare:

I can't stand Sarah Palin. She never knew what she was talking about half the time. Now her daughter is all over the news. A while back, Bristol was interviewed and said that abstinence isn't realistic. Now she's all over the news again preaching abstinence only. She said that her words before were taken out of context. Whatever. You could clearly hear her saying during the interview that absinence only education isn't realistic. I guess her mother chewed her a new one for saying that so she had to come back and say something different. It seems she takes after her mother.

I think she needs to be a woman and admit that she thought about abortion...that it crossed her mind. You cannot say never in that situation, especially when it crossed her mind at least once!!

I have to say, I don't recall her exact words when she talked about it the first time. Did she say she never considered it? Did she say it never crossed her mind? Did she say it wasn't an option for her? Did she say it was out of the question? I tried to look up the exact quote and couldn't find it. There is a difference between a fleeting thought and something that you give consideration.

BTW, rodriguezequal, I love your ticker. Your baby's organs, ears, eyes, arms, and legs are beginning to form. What a miracle.

I don't really remember the exact wording, but I know that she used the word never... Thank you :eek: It is truely a miracle...let us hope that this bun cooks the whole 9 months :glare: lol

A while back, Bristol was interviewed and said that abstinence isn't realistic. Now she's all over the news again preaching abstinence only.

She's a TEENAGER, for heaven's sake! How many times did you change your opinion every DAY when you were a teenager?

As to her now being strong for abstinence, perhaps it's 20/20 hindsight that's driving her to that opinion. Now that she fully understands how difficult a chain-reaction sexual activity can begin, she perhaps wishes she had made better choices.

Now before all of you start slamming me, do I believe all teens can accomplish abstinence? No, of course not. And I am a big believer in birth control. But I also believe we encourage sexual activity way too much by telling teens they are incapable of abstinence.

So what...she'll be a "teen"ager until she's 20! She was 17...she was just saying what she meant then and now she is saying what her mommy wants in order to still look good!

Bristol has been embraced as the poster child for choosing life. She has been protected and praised. Jamie Spears was treated as the poster child for all that is wrong with our country. There is a great John Stewart clip where he shows the comments O'Riley made about Jamie Spears (her parents fault, disgusting, all that is wrong with our country) and Bristol (we should praise her for doing the right thing and not getting an abortion, the kids will be in love forever, la,la)

So what is the difference? Oh that's right one's mother was running for VP on a family values platform.

The difference is clear to me. You can see that one mother clearly brought her child up and taught her right from wrong, yet because we all fail and make mistakes, when she did and admitted her mistake, she was forgiven. Unlike the other mother who you can see has no moral virtues, didn't try to raise her daughter knowing right and wrong and yet when she failed and made a mistake and had no remorse, noone had any pity for her. That's the difference. Not that her mom was running for VP.

They BOTH made the same mistake. It doesn't matter how they were raised. Teenagers are going to be teenagers, it doesn't matter if they live in a mansion or live in a trailor park. I am SO tired of people making it sound like Bristol did the right thing by having her baby and should be praised for it just because she is rich and her mother is the almighty Sarah Palin. Meanwhile other girls in the same situation are considered trash.

I know things can change, but which father is standing beside the mother and helping to raise the baby, and which one ran as fast as he could?

Oh yea, by the way patty, aren't you supposed to be a christian? Who are you to judge? You don't know how these girls were raised. You weren't there.

I have spina bifida (diagnosed as an adult) and I undoubtedly have the fat gene. If my mom and dad had been able to abort me, then I would never have known it, would I? And I darn sure wouldn't have been living through all the pain I've had to endure. Who are you to say that they shouldn't have made the decision to spare me?

I am pro life. I just don't think people should be able to end a life. I feel the same for the death penatly as well. I know lots of people disagree with me and that is ok, I repsect that. That is just my personal feelings.

Hell I think we should be able to euthanize people too...if they're quality of life is really bad...like if they have a terminal illness or are severly disabled...

They BOTH made the same mistake. It doesn't matter how they were raised. Teenagers are going to be teenagers, it doesn't matter if they live in a mansion or live in a trailor park. I am SO tired of people making it sound like Bristol did the right thing by having her baby and should be praised for it just because she is rich and her mother is the almighty Sarah Palin. Meanwhile other girls in the same situation are considered trash.

I know things can change, but which father is standing beside the mother and helping to raise the baby, and which one ran as fast as he could?

People in this world tend to have more compassion on others when they 'see' that all involved were at least taught properly with caring parents and tried to do the right thing, but just made a mistake, especially when they openly are sorrowful for making the mistake. (Like Palin's daughter) On the other hand, people in this world tend to have less compassion on someone when they 'see' that all involved were not taught properly and the parents didn't care and they weren't concerned about doing the right thing, but made a mistake and wasn't sorrowful for it. Even if they both made the same mistake, and it doesn't matter where they live or how much money they have. It has to do with their morals and their values.

Whether the fathers are in the picture or not is another topic.