Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair cut after hair loss

I noticed a lot of people cut their hair shorter once Hair loss was noticed. I've washed my hair twice this week (i usually only wash my hair 1-2 times a week) and both times I've had huge hair balls.

Did you cut your hair if not did it look bad balder and thinner and if you did was it better?

@@Aribay1 When was your surgery? I thought we were pretty close mine was 11/3. I haven't lost anything so I'm kinda waiting for it....

@@Aribay1 When was your surgery? I thought we were pretty close mine was 11/3. I haven't lost anything so I'm kinda waiting for it....

10/30 I don't feel bold yet but it's been a lot. After the shower I loose chunks and through out the day it's a strand here and there.

The first one is when I first noticed and the second one was last night. I thought it was because my hair is always up but I don't think so anymore.

post-229862-14220963386996_thumb.jpg

post-229862-14220963511294_thumb.jpg

different parts of the year I shed at least that much, and I have not had the surgery yet. That looks almost normal to me. I doubt I go short. It took me 4 years to grow out a pixie cut, and I'll never do that again! But I have no idea what I will look like thinner, so I may consider bangs or a nice layered cut, but keep the length. My friends who have had the surgery say their hair did thin some, but not enough for anyone but them to notice.

I have been taking Biotin daily and I have had NO hair loss. The reason we loose the hair is because we are not getting the correct amount of nutrients anymore. The more Protein you eat, the better for your hair though.

Try the Biotin, really does work. I take a dosage of 10,000 mg I think it is.

I have been taking Biotin daily and I have had NO hair loss. The reason we loose the hair is because we are not getting the correct amount of nutrients anymore. The more Protein you eat, the better for your hair though.

Try the Biotin, really does work. I take a dosage of 10,000 mg I think it is.

I get in 80-90 worth of Protein and I've been taking a biotin for about a month now.

I was sure to get in protein because I have the typical thick Hispanic hair that I didn't want to loose. But again my hair is always up and I have to put hairspray in it so I feel like it might be the pony tail but I'm not sure. My boyfriend says he finds my hair more often tho. It's a mystery!

I shed quite a bit of hair between 3-6 months. The good news is it is all started growing back around month 7. I kept up with my Protein, which is the most important and took Biotin. I changed hair stylists recently and she commented about all of my "newer growth" that is about ear level.

I started Biotin 4 years ago when I started growing out my hair and I have not missed a day. That and zinc. I'm not too worried. If it sheds, it sheds. It will grow back in while I am getting healthy!