Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for friends my age going through the same.

@@dena1258

If you want to respond to someone, you can click on the "@Mention" which is located below their member summary on the left side of the screen (on a computer or tablet). I don't use the app, so I don't know where the "@Mention" is located in the app. When you click on "@Mention," the username is inserted in your reply with the @ symbol added.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. It sounds like you're in the right frame of mind to be successful.

@@IcanMakeit

Thank you!

Hi I'm sixty and having surgery in August

May you have a successful surgery, easy recovery!

Hi, All! I'm 66 and had my sleeve on March 11 of this year. I'm 5'6" and my heaviest weight was a whopping 292! I'm down to 218, and my goal is 150. So I'm about half way there.

It's been great reading these posts! We all have our own journeys, and I admit to occasional carbs and a mini bite of dessert. My excersise is sporadic, but my energy is awesome! I enjoy life so much more and look forward to making a bucket list, then doing everything on it!

My hubby is being sleeved on July 28. So happy that we're both on the same page.

Best wishes for you all!

Well done to all of us older sleevers ! It's never too late is it ! Good luck to those who are waiting for op I'm 11 days out and happy

Para-Thighs:

Way to go! It's nice that your husband knows exactly what you are going through. My husband is supportive but he still likes it when I cook, and then of course, I have to eat some of whatever I make. I wish I could stick to my shakes more.

ChrisRedJeep:

Are you sure you are from the UK? Your name looks a lot like a modern, hip, Native American name.

(smile)

Para-Thighs:

Way to go! It's nice that your husband knows exactly what you are going through. My husband is supportive but he still likes it when I cook, and then of course, I have to eat some of whatever I make. I wish I could stick to my shakes more.

ChrisRedJeep:

Are you sure you are from the UK? Your name looks a lot like a modern, hip, Native American name.

(smile)

Thanks Cococat! I only wish our surgeries would have been closer. I need to do more shakes too. :)

Yes I'm definitely in UK . I drive a red grand Cherokee jeep hence my name . It's a Sunday morning and it's raininj ! This is summer in UK !

ChrisRedJeep:

Nice vehicle. I wish I had one. It is Sunday afternoon here in Florida, USA and it has been raining all weekend. Some secondary, smaller streets cannot manage the downpour and are ankle deep in Water. Most of Florida is flat where I live and the runoff goes into the Gulf Of Mexico or into the Everglades ... when it wants to. Summer is our rainy season. The temperature is about 80 degrees Fharenheit, so it is nice even if it is wet. The rain is free water for the gardens.

You guys are killing me with this jeep thing, I used to have a Wrangler X soft top, and my wife said I can have another one when her school is finished, and now I'm mesmerized by their new Jeep Rengade Sport, just gotta be patient like my sleeve lolpost-254362-14379313507348_thumb.jpg.......this was my baby til my wife got preggos with my daughter

I can see the commercial now:

"If you have one life to live, live it in a red, Grand Jeep Cherokee."

There is something pure about that.

You guys can focus on the cool Jeep. I'll envy the rain. I'm in drought stricken California. We didn't plant a garden this year because we have to conserve Water. I miss my fresh tomatoes.

I wanted the Cherokee, there's just something that keeps drawing me to the Rengade, and as for the drought thing......I live in San Antonio Tx, so I feel you, the grass or what little there is of it feels like crunchy prickly stuff, and I'm sure we will be rationing by next month........

IcanMakeit:

Move to Florida. We do not have a state income tax or inheritance tax. You still have to pay federal taxes, though. When you get here you can play with "kids" your own age. I am not considered "old" here in SW Florida. Doctors and hospitals galore. Medicare accepted by most because if they didn't they would not have a practice. Thrift shopping (a hobby of mine) is FANTASTIC because all the ritziest folks throw away the best stuff, and people come here with their stuff and then they pass away, the kids don't know what to do with most of it. We have thrift shops, consignment shops and antique stores every couple of miles, and ditto, banks. Where I used to live in NJ we had liquor stores every couple of miles. The hurricanes here are no worse or ocurr more often than the ones we experienced on Long Island, and we get more warning ahead of time than anyone gets with an earthquake. Sadly, California is and a poor version of what it could have been before the politicians gave it away. One thing I will totally give California (I lived there for a year or so) is at that time the supermarkets had the best veggies and fruit that I had ever seen anywhere. The drought must have curtailed some of that but things will get better, I think.