Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3days before surgery !

How did your surgery go? Hopefully you're not feeling too much discomfort right now. I remember when I came out of surgery they put me on the morphine pump, but after one night of that I asked them to disconnect it because my pain really wasn't enough to justify morphine. I asked for something a little milder and they gave me a couple pills to take. it was fine, and allowed me to sleep. My advice to you right now is sleep as much as you can in the hospital. I know the nurses come in and out constantly but try to rest. With that said, when you wake up try to get up and walk the halls. Make sure you take a walker, just in case, but the exercise will really help with soreness, and help your bowels start to move again faster. Don't be afraid to wear your pajamas home. nobody will care what you look like you're being wheeled out to your car, LOL. Oh, and drink as much as you can. Sip, sip, sip like it's your job. if they offer you a Protein Drink, try to drink it, but don't be surprised if you don't like it. Don't be afraid to ask for a different flavor if need be. Also, I believe in Most nurses stations stash Popsicles. Ask for a sugar-free popsicle as soon as you're allowed liquids. For some reason, those tasted so good to me after surgery. The Blue Bell Bullets are the best in my opinion. I wish you all the luck with everything! The first week home was the hardest for me. worse than any discomfort, was the head hunger. Your body has yet to get rid of all the hunger hormones and addictions to sugar and fat, so the first couple of weeks if you are anything like me, you will still crave foods even though you are not physically hungry anymore. Hopefully that will go quickly for you, but know that it does go away, and your former addictions will be cured. You'll be able to look at that piece of cake and really not care about eating any of it, or if you are tempted you'll just eat one bite, and feel like that's enough. It's a crazy, and amazing process! Keep us posted.

I'm just getting ready to go down to surgery now.

Feeling quite calm after talks with them and all your advice!!!

:)

Hi everyone sorry for the delay I'm doing fine thanks God my surgery went very good had mild pain the main thing was the gas uhhg that hurts.. and one more thing I haven't had a bowel since I started the liquid diet and my sugery 7 days I have pass gasses but not the other sorry for TMI and in top of that my period came down on the third day after my sugery as soon as I came home but other than that I been good been able to tolarade food wel liquid I haven't vomit not once thanks God and been walking fine thanks a lot for your advices

I really hope it goes well for you!!!!

I'm tomorrow so we can be bypass buds :)

Thinking of you x

Hi I hope you are feeling well, how did everything go keep us posted

Glad to hear your surgery went well.

I came out of hospital yesterday - had to go back into surgery.

I've got an infection and am on loads of antibiotics and Meds - they're making me really sick.

Also really struggling with sweet tastes and milk. Urggghhh.

How are you feeling now??

All I'm doing is napping, I have no energy. Couldn't sleep in hospital!