Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out- hit a big wall. Not losing at all

i am now 7 months post op. Doing good. feeling awesome. but i have stalled right out. scale is barely moving, and it's sometimes 0.5 up, then 0.5 down, then maybe 1 down, then 0.5 up again...

feeling very frustrated. i know part of it is that my exercise has slowed down a lot. going to re-commit to exercise twice a day again TODAY. also going to try and start writing down everything again.

i know my capacity has increased a bit so i am eating a little more than i did a couple of months ago, and that may be accounting for more calories a day than I want.

just wanting to stop in and put this in writing for accountability! hope everyone is doing well

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I know stalls can be frustrating. But you are doing the right thing by recommitting to your exercise and diet plan.

Hang in there, you can do it. Small steps, doing the right things, all add up. This is your time to shine.

Don't weigh yourself every day. I think you're being too hard on yourself... exercise once a day and find one that you enjoy!

@@mi75 I totally understand. I have been stalled for quite a while. I just really started to get back into this and started an at-home exercise regime---old fashioned gym class! lol. Toe touches, jumping jacks, push ups, squats, kettle bell, adding in a little dancing and then running in place for about 15 minutes. And then begin much more careful with what I ate and i lost 2 pounds the other day!! So, it just shows that I had been slacking off in exercise and food plan.

Me too, 8 months out and have lost maybe 2 lbs in the last 6 weeks but will not let that get me down. I stopped excercising and will begin again today. But I have faith weight will once again continue to go down. Good Luck!

Same here. Up and down 2 lbs since 12/2014. 6 months out and hovering at 195.

Give it time. The plateau will break. Keep on eating right and exercising and your body will cooperate. :)

I'm glad to see these comments. I'm 8 months out & have been losing weight very slowly these last 2 or 3 months. My support group is starting an exercise class 2 times a week & I signed up for that. I haven't been exercising so I'm hoping this will get me going. I still keep a food diary & I have been eating to many carbs so that is being changed too. Carbs are my biggest enemy.

My weight has been doing the same thing - up 1/2 or even 1 pound & down that much. I just take it in stride & try to be more careful what I eat. I'm thinking of going back on the pre-op diet a couple of days a week & see if that doesn't help.

I lost like crazy the first 7 months and then it came to a crawl. I have always used MyFitnessPal and have logged all my food and drink. I know I've added lots of calories and started to eat more carby foods than before. I was also weighing myself every day and once I wasn't losing quickly, that habit made me depressed. So first I went to weighing weekly. I also tried the 5:2 intermittent fast diet for awhile and that helped me start to lose again. I'm back to three meals a day every day now, but since weight loss is so slow, I know I need to add exercise. I hate exercise. I've been avoiding walking because it's been zero temps here in Chicago. So I added walking stairs at work. I walk the stairwell down to the basement and back up to the second floor for a total of twelve flights of stairs. Sounds like no big deal, but for me it's a big change. Little by little I am trying to make healthy changes. I know if I take a few favorite foods out of my meal plan and replace them with lean Protein I can lose more. I have cut way down on some of the worst ones, like Thai panang noodle curry, and movie popcorn. I also had to face the fact that weekend wine was derailing my caloric goals. So it's all about choices. I'm trying not to fall into the all or nothing mentality that always led me to giving up before. I'll have my band forever. I'm losing weight and I have fifty more to go, but I will get there. Habits are hard to change but they can be changed. I'm back to losing slowly, but losing. It's progress. Hope this helps.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Same thing happened to me and I still had a ways to goal. I met with my NUT and she recognized I had introduced a lot of carbs so I quit on the Quest Protein Bars and fruit. I changed my exercise to high intensity interval training. That combo, and accepting that some hunger was inevitable got me to goal.

I am in the same boat huge stall at about 7 months. Have not lost a pound in a month in fact aI gained a few. On new years day I started restructuring my diet and exercise program and managed to loose a couple of lbs last week that made me even for the last month. We all just have to keep our eye on the brass ring. I love the weight loss but want to lose more.

@@CowgirlJane

I am right there with the group. It has stalled out. I thought I had this figured out and did not log my food. I was eating right but not getting enough Protein in. I went back to logging. I even upped the amount of Protein and Water.. And the scale is moving again. Slowly but I will take that. I have reached goal I'm still struggling to figure out when to stop loosing. My head is still in that mode. I keep telling myself if I loose about 5 to 10 more I will have a safer bounce area to maintain. So am I loosing reality of this or am I in the norm?

I'm a little over six months out and my whole journey has been stall lose, stall lose. That said I've lost almost eighty pounds since last March.thirty before surgery and 48 pounds after. Be patient and it will come off.

THANK YOU to everyone. this all makes me feel a LOT better!

just to clarify, i should have mentioned that i exercise at work, and it's just cardio. i take 2 breaks a day (15 min each) to hit the treadmill and stairclimber. i'm not obsessed with exercise, just have to do it twice a day to get any sort of momentum!

i will take everyone's words to heart, and all the good advice too. i FEEL fantastic and only have about 20-25 lbs to get to my overall goal, so i'm feeling a new motivation. thanks!!!

My journey has been stall, lose, stall, lose. I just broke a six week stall where I was up and down between 3lbs. I really thought I was done with weight loss, but then the scale moved! Whew!! I know I'll stall again soon, but I know I need to be patient and the weight will come off :)

@@kkent8704, yeah, patience isn't easy! I usually lose 1 lb. every other week.