Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going through the motions today

Last night my best friend of 36 years called to tell me she was just diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer. I felt like my heart was being ripped apart as I was so distraught for what she will have to go through! I know things have changed a lot with the big "C" and I have no doubt that she is not going to let this take her down, but I am just miserable for her. I an emotional "non-eater". When I get very upset or stressed, I just can't think about food- it makes me want to gag. I jokingly told her that she just made my pre-op diet a whole lot easier and she always knew just what I needed when I needed it. Now it's my turn to return the favor to her. I hope I can give her even half the love and support that she always shows me! Time to put my misery aside and start lifting her up. :(

That is a tough blow for you to know how serious your friends health condition is. Hang on tight and she has a strong support in YOU! We have had a Big C in our house and fought through surgery and radiation. It took 2 years to get the cancer free test back. I know I had the stamina to get through my family member's illness and treatment because my body was strong and healthy at my goal wt. God is good! Keep your new weight loss journey in view and know you are healthier for all concerned because of it! Hugs!

Sending best wishes your way -- life has so many twists and turns. Even when things are painful I am so glad to be really present for all of it and no longer tamping down my feelings with food. She is fortunate to have you as a friend and you'll see this thing through together.

Thank you both for the words of support! I am working through most of my emotions and am determined to be her rock, so I have to get healthy and fit for both of our sakes! I may occasionally ask you guys to be my "rock" along the way, if you don't mind? :rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches