Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to lose weight faster!

How have you increased or sped up your weight loss? Let's share ideas and tips and tricks.

I had surgery on December 4th and I was 238, today I am about 208. So I have lost 30 pounds in five weeks. I eat about 300- 400 calories a day and about 20 grams of Protein. I know, not so good on the Protein but I am trying! I keep my carbs under 50 per day but I'm not totally carb free. I don't have dumping and I like fruit and brown rice so I eat them sometimes.

I haven't started working out yet because I haven't felt well enough. Tomorrow will be my first day back at the gym.

I would like to lose this weight as quickly as possible!!! I would love any suggestions on how I can look amazing by the summer and speed this along. What challenges have you faced? What has worked and what hasn't? How often do you weigh in and how fast have you lost?

Thanks ladies!!

First of all congrats on your choice on being healthy, first you must get in your Protein it's essential . Get in your Vitamins and Water and when your doctor approved hit the gym but mean while just walk and always make protein first this is your first step in getting healthy and staying healthy and loosing weight good luck.

You're doing great so far!!! You might want to stop having the brown rice for right now. That will help. You can eventually add it back in but not yet. Too soon. Possibly the same with the fruit, though I also have questions about how much fruit w can have especially further out. Yesterday was my 1 year surgiversary!! But I have also stalled and have not been eating properly lately. I have so much more weight to lose so I would love to hear everybody's ideas.

But, also push to get your Protein in!! Nothing else until you get your meal's ration of Protein. And by that, I mean to figure out ahead of time what you will eat for the day to get in your protein for each meal. Do that first. Then, as you can, veggies are next.

Best of luck.

I am 4 weeks out and only 16 pounds down since surgery on 12/18/14.

I talked with one of the nurses. She said to knock it off and leave the darn scale alone. LOL

Thanks everyone. I agree about the carbs. It's hard not to eat them they taste so good !!! But I know they aren't good for me so I'm going to work on taking them out.

I'm sorry for those whose weight loss is going slower. I know that must be frustrating as hell!! I'm so eager for my old body back when I used to be thin and fit. I'm grateful to have lost so much already. I don't have a huge amount to lose either and I've only been obese about three years so my body kind of remembers I think. It was very unnatural for me to be overweight. My body kind of wants to be thin.

I had an eating disorder my whole adult life which led to me gaining to this size. I used to be super fit and very slim until I had kids. Then my Ed blew up and I gained 100 pounds in about a year. I'm hoping the short duration of my obesity will help me lose weight now.

I'm grateful for how far I've come and I think everyone else should be too. It's a hard surgery to go through, and it's a hard hard life being overweight and obese. It's emotional and it's draining and for me it consumer my life, cost me my marriage and my health.

I wish everyone the very best and would love more ideas about how to speed this up, for me and everyone else too!

Carbs are deliciously evil! I have stalled for several months now and finally gave in to the fact that I have increased my carb intake. I "think" I am back on track now--we'll see. I am back to keeping my food journal and trying to be honest!!

Take a real close look at what you are eating. I didn't realize fruit was a carb! Yikes.

@@bellabloom in addition to upping your Protein I would also suggest that you try to increase your calories as they seem quite low. This will be easier to do in the next few weeks as you get a bit further out from surgery.

Also, patience! The weight will come off no worries :)

Edited by woo woo

At the suggestion of someone on BP, I returned to MyFitnessPal and I am logging everything I eat and drink. I find it really helpful. I still cannot eat very much, and I've increased my calories to 750 per day. I'm diabetic and if I don't eat enough through the day, I really feel depleted. At first I was eating 300-400 calories a day and losing 5 lbs a week. It was too fast.

I am 2 months out on the 24th of January and I have lost 37 pounds from my weight on day of surgery. I thought it should be more but my doctor told me a few weeks ago that I was actually doing good. Im averaging about 5lbs a week which feels like it should be more because I have been following everything to the T and have introduced minimal carbs in very small portions and not with every meal. On the up side I feel great and have dropped two sizes. Ive been trying to stay off the scale and just let it happen in its own time. All we can do is our part and stay consistent, commited to ensure that the weight loss WILL catch up to our dedication and efforts eventually! Best wishes.

I lose about 20lbs a month and I feel like I am doing good. My dr told me 15lbs a month. My surgery was nov 4. So far I am down 52 lbs since surgery. If you have lost 30 lbs in 5 weeks you are doing good. 6lbs a week. A lb a day.

But something to think of. You are losing a pound a day. A pound of fat is around 3000 cal. You are eating 300 calories. So you have a deficit of around 3000 cal a day. To increase your weight loss you must increase your calorie deficit. Is it wise to try to lose 2 lbs a day? Omg I would not. But it's your body