Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a pain going from the middle of my back on the left around my side to my left half of my abdomen.. It feels like a kidney infection but I've never felt it like this going around to the front of me. When i move my knee towards me, or get up from sitting or sit down or bend/squat down I'm literally ready to cry... Has anyone else experienced this? Probably going to the emergency room tomorrow off it isn't gone

Yes, time to go to the ER. Whatever's going on if it hurts enough to bring you to tears, that means it's time to seek medical help. I hope you feel better soon.

Keep us posted. I'll say a little prayer that it's nothing more than Constipation. =)

Please, please, please don't wait until tomorrow to go to the ER!! For years, I was a triage nurse; The pain as you've describedPlease, please, please don't wait until tomorrow to go to the ER!! For years, I was a triage nurse; As such, I've seen people ignore serious symptoms which can then become worse...or bigger...more difficult to treat. (Trust me there. I'm The Queen of that list.

The pain you are experiencing is your body telling you "Hey!! Can we please have our party here? C'mon -the tents and tables are all set up. Can we begin wreaking havoc..........now??" Pain will taunt you day & night, and just keep increasing, making the problem worse and worse!

Pain is our body's way of getting our rapid attention to whatever is causing a problem.

If it turns out to be a minor thing, no harm done. Your conscience will be eased up,and whatever the cause, it can be nipped in the bud.

But.....if it does turn out to be something *not good*, it's best to get it ID'd and treated ASAP!!!

Please, please, pleeeease try to get to an ER tonight, if at all possible.

Best of luck to you - keep us posted. Thanks.

Edited by Mumsicle

It could be a UTI, or kidney infection, or some post-op pain just hangin around like a pest. We're all drinking so much Fluid that it might be silly to ask: Have you been peeing more often, feel like your bladder hasn't emptied completely?

Do you have a fever? Feel nauseous?

Any possibility of a pulled muscle recentlyń? Neck or upper back pain? Numbness or tingling?

Could be an ovarian cyst...who knows?? No one WILL know 'til you've been evaluated -in person- by a qualified healthcare professional.

Please -Don't go by me!! I don't know your medical history, lifestyle, or tendency toward developing certain conditions, or what meds you may take, if any.

Do keep us updated!! It's gonna be oooookay.

Edited by Mumsicle

That sucks. I'm so sorry.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches