Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Feb 4th... Dr Almanza

Hello, I finally scheduled my surgery. I wasn't nervous until I actually set the date. I will be going alone. I have read some bad things about him and that scares me but I have to remember that is just a small percentage of the patients. I am hoping for no complications and I am going to take a month off of work. I heard others went straight back but I feel I need the time. My BMI is just at 35. I haven't set a goal weight. Honestly I don't even know what to expect to lose. I can't remember when I was thin and I certainly don't remember getting this big. I am only 5'4 and weight 201. I don't want to look like a pencil but will be glad to be in the normal BMI range. My FAM thinks that I could just lose the weight on my own. I have tried and it's hard to keep the weight off. I know that I won't have a problem reaching my goal. I just don't know what that goal is. I need assistance with finding a good Protein powder/shake. The doctor put me on a 3 day preopt diet. I have 3 days of low calorie Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and for dinner a lean protein without seasoning and anything liquids of course. Has anyone had Almanza recently? Or went to Tijuana? Please share your experience

Yeah!!   I wish you the best.  I'm still waiting to get insurance approval.  Funny, I called the insurance company because I hadn't heard anything in 3 weeks and after one hour of allot of confusion, I found out the Dr.'s staff didn't fax my information to the insurance Urggggg!!!  So the clock has been reset for me. 

Anyway, I too have Low BMI and the same concerns.  I sometimes bounce back and forth with the idea of trying to loose the weight again on my own but I'm so tired of the yo yo effect.  I'm getting to old for it and I truly am looking forward to getting to a healthy weight.   One of my biggest fears is will I be able to complete the pre & post surgery liquid diet.  I can't get my mind around it and my surgeon requires 2 weeks prior.  I have never really been successful at completing any type of Fast.  ;}

I'm also concerned about getting too small but that will be a welcomed concern to have if it becomes an issue. 

Again the best wished....

Hello, I finally scheduled my surgery. I wasn't nervous until I actually set the date. I will be going alone. I have read some bad things about him and that scares me but I have to remember that is just a small percentage of the patients. I am hoping for no complications and I am going to take a month off of work. I heard others went straight back but I feel I need the time. My BMI is just at 35. I haven't set a goal weight. Honestly I don't even know what to expect to lose. I can't remember when I was thin and I certainly don't remember getting this big. I am only 5'4 and weight 201. I don't want to look like a pencil but will be glad to be in the normal BMI range. My FAM thinks that I could just lose the weight on my own. I have tried and it's hard to keep the weight off. I know that I won't have a problem reaching my goal. I just don't know what that goal is. I need assistance with finding a good Protein powder/shake. The doctor put me on a 3 day preopt diet. I have 3 days of low calorie Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch and for dinner a lean protein without seasoning and anything liquids of course. Has anyone had Almanza recently? Or went to Tijuana? Please share your experience

Good luck! I'm doing mine alone soon too. I can't say I have a goal either because I've been obese since I was a pre-teen and so I have NO CLUE what size/weight I'm going to feel comfortable at.

I haven't found a clear Protein that I actually like. But for powders my favorites are the Jarrow formulas because they are rsbt/hormone free, etc etc, and they are creamy and tasty especially if you have maybe a magic bullet to whip them up into a good frothy magical drink. I like the Plant fusion vegan protein too, but it has a green taste to it that some people will hate.

I hope you have a great experience!

Thanks!!! I am still seeking information and will be sure to post after my surgery.

I tried a lot of Protein Shakes but the only ones I could tolerate both before and after was Premier Protein, chike, and click. Everything else tasted ok before but was hard to keep down afterwards.

I am a coffee person so thats where chike and click came in. I used the vanilla premier Protein as a base to my smoothies after the surgery and the chocolate I still drink plain.