Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old and new memories.

I had to put my English Pointer to sleep last September. Her name was Belle and she was just 1 week shy of her 13th birthday. Even though I have another Pointer, Abraham, its been very sad and lonely without her. I volunteer at the local animal shelter, and have been watching an Australian shepherd mix for the last few weeks. I finally broke down and brought him home for a weekend sleepover. Of course it only took 24 hours to decide to keep him, so everyone, meet Isaac.....

(The second collage is Belle...still miss my sweet girl)

post-182221-14204119688037_thumb.jpg post-182221-14204120210274_thumb.jpg

So sorry - that is never easy.

I feel ya. Always hard to lose a beloved pet. Your new pup is a cutie!!

I can TOTALLY relate - this past year I lost 3 old ones, all within 6 months of each other. My life for the longest time. About 4 months before the last one left, I got a baby cockapoo (Cade) who loved his big brother Canyon. Loved is not big enough a word. When Canyon left, that same afternoon we brought home Canyon's Echo, a Golden Doodle who I am ABSOLUTELY certain holds big Canyon's spirit. The two are inseperable. Without them, I would only have my 4 black cats, who never leave their beds! Now, my husband may not be happy with what I just said, but he is away at work so much, and we have no children. I am happy you have a new baby, too, they are such a blessing! And they make me exercise! Good luck with your Isaac and Abraham!

@@Kindle Awe they are both so sweet! I don't know what I'd do without my little shorty jack Russell..he's my precious little fur baby!

My losses were great too. So much so that I've yet to recover enough to create new ones. I spent few years in Iraq and cared for many of the local cats. The established military law was to exterminate any animals on the installation. No matter how hard I tried I still lost 14 to this policy. Three babies were even born in my room so I could try to protect the mother and her babies. Eventually I did bring one home, Picks was his name. He was born blind and the only way to save him was to have him live in my room. I used SPCA International to help bring him home. Picks didn't only have blindness going against him though. He had a hole in his heart. He lived for nearly nine months, two of them in the United States and he meant everything to me.

post-216665-14204154373762_thumb.jpg

Edited by merkman

Welcome, Isaac! What a cutie! I'm sorry to hear about your other dog. When I lost my Jenny, I swore I wouldn't get another dog anytime soon. Two months later, and I have a new best bud. It's just not the same without a dog in the house!

I love love love dogs! More than people most of the time... :o

I'm sorry for your loss, but it makes me happy that you could give another pup a loving home.

Here is my baby. I got her from the pound a little over a year ago after my Black Lab of 15 years had to be put down. She is sort of crazy and still a little bitey, but we are working on that! This is Maeby:

Maeby

@

With your kind heart, you NEED to find another who NEEDS you so desperately. Yes, it is the most heartbreaking to lose the ones we have given everything we possibly can give to, I know this from experience, losing my own three in such a short period of time. We four went through many difficult times together, many surgeries for them and me, illnesses...but we went through it together. I know they wait for me in heaven. But the two new babies I have now needed a home, the best I can give, and give I will. And I, more than likely, will outlive them. And there will always be more for me to give a home to. And I will. Your loving heart needs to love again, and there is at least one baby out there who needs you to love them. They will never replace your other babies, they will find their own place in your heart. God Bless you, sir.

We lost our magnificent, beautiful sweetheart doggie unexpectedly a month ago. I still can't talk about it.

It's brutal.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”

― Anatole France

We lost our magnificent, beautiful sweetheart doggie unexpectedly a month ago. I still can't talk about it.

It's brutal.

Our previous dog was lost suddenly as well. Very shocking and hard.

I had to put my rottie Ace down a year and a half ago. My ex told me that I loved him more than I did my kids.....well, he was one of my children AND always there for me. I am so sorry for your loss, Kindle.

Here's my fur baby! 1) patiently waiting for me in the bathroom because God forbid I pee alone 2) harassing (watching) our chickens!

post-237766-0-93039800-1420424769_thumb.jpg

post-237766-0-32694000-1420424790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

@@SuperDave ....cute! And I love the name.

To everyone.... As a vet tech, I know how hard it is to go through losing a pet. Not only have I personally gone through it many times myself, but I go through it everytime we have to put a patient down. It's truly heartbreaking, no matter what the circumstances. But in the end, I know it's harder for us than it is for them. In most cases we are relieving or preventing pain and suffering. Unfortunately our pain of losing them doesn't go away that easily.

And as if I don't get enough of it at work, I am on the board of directors of our local shelter. My vet and I volunteer our time out there and we sponsor a golf tournament fund raiser every year. Unfortunately we also have to sometimes make tough decisions when medical or behavior problems risk the well being of the shelter animals. So I want to thank all of you who open your homes and hearts to any shelter animal. Losing a pet is so hard and it takes a special person to keep coming back for more! (And like Bob Barker says...."remember to spay and neuter your pets"!)

Sorry, I didn't mean to get so sappy, but this is an important issue to me. The furry kids we lose deserve to be remembered and can never be replaced. I miss Belle like crazy, and there's no one to snuggle with on the right side of my bed (Abraham prefers to sleep on my left). But for today I am happy to share the newest addition to my family! Too bad Abraham isn't excited...he hates Isaac. But Belle hated Abe at first, too, so I'm sure he'll get over it.