Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I have to tell you someone on the BB thread said charts and graphs and I was sold. I love the visual things............

I just worked out and I'm all shaky........

Charts and graphs? J, you and are two peas in a pod there! You mean I won't have to create my own spreadsheets? Man...should I get one?

BG - Thanks for the visual, BG! Look at all those tabs! And you can track your measurements, too. It's getting more and more tempting.

ALL - Okay, I just caught up on the freakin' book y'all wrote since I left this morning! Scuba gear and muff diving? If the muff requires it, I can only ask why you would go there?!?!?! LOL

Yes yes yes! Charst and graphs!! OF EVERYTHING! YOu can see little bar graphs of the steps you tsake, your calories burned per minutes all day, etc. It's truely freaking AWESOME! Everyone should have one! And if I can't convince my co-workers and friends then I MUST help convert you all!! Lol. Reall, you all should blame Puddin, cause she is where I first heard out it. And if she looks that damn good, then by golly gosh I'm gonna go for it!!

BG- You got Cookies and stuff!?!?! WTF? I only got some strudle bar thingy that was hard as a rock. Ugh. I LOVE the Apex cookies. Boo on you.

TX

As he said, there's no muff that's too tuff.

Eww, I agree.

As for the biscuit...I wish it would make me PB. So far it's rice, chicken and veggies if they aren't super mushy, and lunchmeat...oh and apple skins...

And girl the spreadsheets.....excel makes me drool. I have a Gantt chart for my life's strategic plan. There are objectives etc.

Sorry you all can wake up now. I am a little tightly wound. Ask the other Fort Wayne Four.

ewww I agree with TX, not JC. That was unclear.

Oh and we have new moniker....Fort Wayne Four. That would be JC, BG, HP and me if you haven't, and why would you, read the posts 100 pages back.

I'm not familiar with the Gannt chart you speak of?!?!? What is it?

Excel makes me drool, too...when I worked, it drove my staff crazy! It was the standing joke..."oh crap, she's got another spreadsheet!"

Oh and we have new moniker....Fort Wayne Four. That would be JC, BG, HP and me if you haven't, and why would you, read the posts 100 pages back.

I didn't understand that. :)

Hey gang - just checking in real quick. I have an interview in a few... It will be interesting - the interview will be in Second Life. Whatever, as long as they pay in real US dollars.

Had my first honest to god PB today. It sucked. Will do whatever I can to avoid that again. Note to self - no sodas, not even a sip.

JC - seriously, there are muffs that are too tough, and should best be avoided.

J - you are my hero with the gantt chart for your life's objectives. I want to be that organized and uptight, but I just can't get it together....

BG - I heart you and your humor - always brings a smile and a chuckle.

TX - As soon as I can sell the house and find gainful employment up here (along with the appropriate salary), we're going to move up here. I'll always be a Texan at heart, but I miss Boston and the big "H" way tooooo much. I went to class on campus tonight and realized that's where I belong. You'll have to hold down the fort for us; I'm sure we'll be back someday (real estate is way to freaking expensive up here!!!) I did have a great ego boost, today: we went to the Registrar's office to get some information, and there was a picture of me with the Dean on the wall from when I graduated. It was one of about 4 pictures, but the only one with a student. :)

Have a good evening, all!

B

I didn't understand that. :)

The Fort Wayne Four.....

J, JC, HP, and I all met up for a bike ride in Fort Wayne, hence the Fort Wayne Four. I like it.

I hit my deficit today. Awesome shit. I'm loving this bodybugg. Plus it is good to know that cardio kickboxing burns 600 calories an hour while you are not working as hard as you should, for fear of your snatch being seen because you were too lazy to find your pants, and you wore really, really short workout shorts. Plus it makes me not want to eat crap because I don't want to log reeses cups and shit.

I hit my deficit today. Awesome shit. I'm loving this bodybugg. Plus it is good to know that cardio kickboxing burns 600 calories an hour while you are not working as hard as you should, for fear of your snatch being seen because you were too lazy to find your pants, and you wore really, really short workout shorts. Plus it makes me not want to eat crap because I don't want to log reeses cups and shit.

*rechecks box BodyBugg came in*

....damnit! Still no friggin COOKIES!!!

As for not wanting to log in 'crap' I totally feel ya!! I went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner and had to force myself to log in the 3 chocolate chip Cookies I ate!!! Ugh! Its all good though. I went over my daily calorie intake by like 300 cals... (I aim for 1200. and am just over 1500) but now I'm working to make that up by walking in place in my room during Greys Anatomy. I need to burn about 90+ more cals to break even for my deficit... Its all good... Plus, I still need to take like 2500 steps to reach my 10,000 step goal!

Have I mentioned how KICK ASS this damn Bugg is?!?!?

Now I need a BIKE and I'll be set! This time next year I'll be a Skinny Fit Bitch!

I have only had mine on since 3pm and I hit 8500 steps!

I had a hot chocolate today that I regreted once seeing the calorie count. I could ahve had it made with skim but noooooooo I had to go with the fat whole milk lol. It was about 1/3 of my total calories for the day. Oh wel tomorrow will be better because I will have a full day of buggin lol

It WILL be better - I can say that I've had my Bugg on since Monday night at about 8pm and I've already lost 2 pounds. Its a freaking MIRACLE WORKER!!!

OK!!!!!! Traci has a secret......!!!!!!!! No it isnt a body bug...but you all defiantly have me considering one sometime in the future.

Ok....we went to the doctor today to get my fill. I will say I forgive my doctor right now because he had a hell of a time doing my fill today. I had to have 3 or 4 numbing shots(I lost count) and he kept slipping off my port, and it kept moving on him.....I am soooooo SORE tonight...but defitnatly can feel restrction.....Poor guy...

Sooooo

SInce I was in Indy, and my DH was with me....we stopped at a new bike shop..........test rode 2 bikes there made by specialized. Really liked one of them...the Sequioa. The lower end one....loved the handelbars...they were awesome on that bike......my DH even liked it for himself.

Well, the guy offered a good deal on 2, and offered layway...

took his number and card, and would call back if we decieded on it.

Than ended up at the Bicycle Garage.....SUPER NICE SALES GUY....I was professionally fitted and it printed out a list of different bikes fit for me, etc..... He wanted to know why I was dead set on the Pilot, and we told him...

So.....he had me get on a Road bike with him holding it, etc.....reaching for the gears, the brakes, asking how it felt....

Than he asked me to come over and take a look at a different one.

I test rode it, and than ended up test riding one above that.....fell in love with it, and PUT IT IN LAYWAY...

THE guy was super...we were there for 2 freakin hours......

I ended up with a Giant FX2. Now.....he told me he felt like this would be a better road bike transition than straight into a hunched over road bike. It has Mountain bike style handelbars but everything else is road bike.....

It has toe clips for pedals(first time with that too) and I also ended up on a mens version.....Loved it.....

I liked the Specialized road bike too...and it was a toss up bettween the 2...but I went with this one.

It does not have some of the real "high end components" that some of the other ones have on it......but......

I hope I made the right choice.....this guy feels like I did, my DH does, and the guy does not wrk on comission, so it was all about what was best for me....

Well, I just wanted to share with everyone...I hope to get it sometime in the next month.....

B, That is quite the ego boost. You are a rock star. Nothing like a PB to turn something you love into something you run screaming from!

You body bug babes are making me jones for mine. Oh why did I wait until today to get it? Why oh why?!

TX- Let me preface this by saying a true nerd will educate you against your will. I'm a true nerd. Here's the back story on Gantt. Back when "management" was initally introduced during the beginning of the industrial revolution engineers were called in to find the one best way to do things.

Gantt was a teacher and engineer and knew people needed visuals. The military asked him to help coordinate efforts for WWI production which he did. And the chart is his claim to fame. (I'm taking a history of management class right now hence the useless knowledge...but I loved me some Gantt charting long, long ago.)

What the chart does is tell you when something should be done and how far it has progressed. It can be used for budgeting and all kinds of things too.

This is what one looks like. Google it and you'll see more!

gantt.jpg