Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Jacqui

Welcome to our little piece of LBT, we've built a snug little place over here.

I'm amused at you being worried about people looking at your backside though you run, run, run. I'm the opposite. Perhaps because by riding I figure I'm moving fast enough not to hear the snickering. My fear with running is that I'm going to fall in front of people and make an ass out of myself. Babygirl can testify that one can make an ass out oneself falling off of a bike too. Maybe one day you'll get that bike!

JC-What a path you've been on! It's hard to imagine all the different stories that have brought us to this crossroads. There are so many painful lessons huh? I keep going back to that quote, "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger." I love it! And Dude, you are one strong man. And the fact that you are hanging tough here with a bunch

of chicas just proves it.

Babygirl

You couldn't be cuter! Nice ring too. BTW, it's been decide overtime is winning out over the apple cider century. If JC and hoosier come up for it I'm going to hate myself for not going, but my reality is cash comes first. I need the money. Boo HOO!

:D

Or maybe I am just into pain!!! LOL

Sorry to hear you're going for the Cashola, but I certainly understand.

JC

Hello all my fellow banders...

I have not been on much today as I worked 11.50 hours today. I am taking off tommorw and I had lots of work to get done prior to it.

I have caught up on all the postings, and you guys are incredible. Not only can you make me laugh, you give me daily inspiration, you touch my heart (JC) and you just make me feel good.

Today, I had 2 co-workers who I dont see all the time compliment me on how I looked and that they can really tell I am loosing. Both were men(married and nice men) and are wonderful to me. They made my night.

I have not been able to ride for 2 days and I am grouchyyyyyyyy

I did get a 2 mile walk in today in 31 min...

It is my normal route, which is up a huge hill on base, and a few small ones as well.

Felt good.....

I am having trouble eating right now.

It is like in the morning, I am rushed to leave the house by 530, and than if I walk at lunch I dont eat. THan I am getting home and either I am starving or not at all.....I ate 1 meal today and I feel like shit now.

When I do eat my portions are huge....I go next week for a fill, but I am worried it will make me even less hungry...but know I need it when I am eating my 3 meals....

Ok,

Anyway

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support

J, I've got a quote for ya, "That what doesn't kill us better watch out the hell out for my bad ass".

HP, thanks you are too cool.

JC

ok, I had posted a long response last nite and LOST it. Sometimes I hate this laptop!!! I keep pushing some key that erases everything I write, and sometimes this happens several times with one post!!! Pisses me off!!!

JC, I really didn't want you to think that I was feeling sorry for you. I hate when people act like they feel sorry for me. I just know some of the pain you were talking about, and it sure does a job on your self esteem. This time though, JC, you are NOT going to gain it back and you are going to be healthy for the rest of your life!!! Isn't that the best feeling. BEING HEALTHY FOREVER!!! I love that thought. I am now down to the lowest weight I was in 2001 when I was doing WW. I started at 270 and got down to 244 but it took me SIX MONTHS TO DO IT!!!!!! So, I am officially so happy with myself!!!I really don't remember when the last time I was under 220. I know when I got married in 1993 I was a size 20 dress, but I don't know how much I weighed. SO, I am very happy and trying to focus on those good things instead of worrying about getting filled.

J, do you ever feel like you get stuck even though you have no fill???? I was very good about eating slow and chewing 30 times for a long time, but then I figured, why? since I don't have a fill, so I got out of that habit and sometimes, like last night, if I eat too fast or dont chew I get this huge pain smack in the middle of my chest!!! I have to stop eating and move around and put my arms above my head and then sometimes I will burp and the pain is gone, but I am no longer hungry. Just wondering if you had experienced this with no fill. Thanks!!!

EVeryone, lets get our asses on our bikes this weekend!!!!!

Deanna, I felt like I knew where you were coming from. I just wanted to let everyone know that even though my self esteem is shot (for now) I wasn't down about my situation. I could not have said that a year ago! I have the confidence to fight this thing with all my might. I am just taking it one enemy one battle at a time. I do honestly believe that I am going to win this war. :-).

I am sharing my struggles and success as I go because it is the only way I know that I can give back and possibly helps others who are going through the same things that I am, this is important to me personally. I want to help others at the expense of my own pride and ego.

JC

JC - thanks so much for sharing your story! I wish people weren't so rude. Obesity is one of the last known forms of acceptable discrimination and I hate that...

You guys are all so strong and being active helps so much with self esteem, I really think we're all on track to SUCCEED!

Deanna - you have restriction! Be happy that you have restriction without your fill, and don't be bummed that your weight loss has slowed to a still well above average pace - my average is 2-3 lbs/week, and look where I am 7 months out! Most people lose 1-2 lbs a week. You rock girlie!

BTW I ate CRAP last night. I binged. I hate that! Even with my "binge" I calculated that I was still under 2000 calories but it was still crap food. I haven't binged in MONTHS... oh well, gotta pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going!

JC, you are so awesome. You are such a better person for what you have gone through. You can really tell by what you say that you are alright, and you will succeed!!!

Annie, so it that what stuck feels like???? COOL BEANS!!!! I mean, not that I like it, but if I still have restriction then no way am I getting a fill. Now, turn around Annie, your getting an ass kicking. NO MORE JUNK FOOD!!!!!! I mean it!!! NO MORE!! What good is that going to do your body??? Now, lesson learned, and no more. I WILL stick you in the corner next time. You will not be happy about that. No, seriously, under 2000 on a binge is pretty damn good girl.....think about before banding. 2000 was just a drop in the bucket!!

D

What Annie said. That's restriction. lunch meat does it to me everytime. I think it's because I don't use a fork to eat it...just shove it into my mouth!

I've PB'ed about 3 times too...which is what you discribed with the added bonus of hacking up the food like a cat with a hair ball. EEWwwww

JC- You're a funny dude.

We rode 16 miles today! More tomorrow and 25 on Sunday!!!

Woot Woot

I don't think anyone on this thread IS right in the head, are they?

J, well, I am glad that I know what restriction feels like. What I am wondering though, why do some people have it without any fills and some don't. I have the bigger band. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I have it, but just wondering what the reson might be. Are we still swollen from surgery? I would think not, but who knows???

Congrats, on getting the riding in. I know how much you love it and so glad you are getting some really good time in this weekend.

BG, where are you???????

Annie???

Hp?????

probably out riding their bikes....

oh okay, at least you are doing something constructive with your time. We are off to the lake so have a great day all!!!