Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Juli - perfect way of thinking about fills. Believe me, you WANT to be able to eat and get your proper nutrition if you're really active! Being too tight just sucks! And yes, I got some snow white comments!

BG - you are a TOTAL CUTIE! Love that it looks like you're on LBT on your computer... :D

Ok, here's my fill pattern (in a 4cc band)

banded 12/14/06

1st fill 1/25/07 1.5cc's

2nd fill 2/6/07 up to 2cc's

3rd fill 2/14/07 up to 2.3cc's

4th fill 2/28/07 up to 2.7cc's (then my TOM hit...)

1st unfill 3/12/07 down to 2.5cc's

5th fill 4/9/07 up to 2.7cc's

6th fill 5/2/07 up to 2.9cc's (then my TOM hit again - you'd think I'd learn?)

2nd unfill 5/18/07 down to 2.5cc's

7th fill 5/30/07 up to 2.7cc's (shoulda stayed here, but noooo....)

8th fill 6/27/07 up to 3cc's (can ya guess? TOM again, third time's a charm)

3rd unfill 7/9/07 down to 2.8cc's (not quite enough...)

4th unfill 7/17/07 down to 2.6cc's

Yeah, I KNOW what you are all saying. I want to be able to eat good food so I can do all the exercise I do too. I just don't want to slow down on the losing part!!!! I am going to up my riding to 15 miles each time instead of the 10 I have been doing. I don't know!!! I am just a basket case who needs to be hung out!!!I guess I will see what happens when I get to fill appt. on Monday. I will def. take the exercise physiologist advice way before the nutritionists.

I am hungry....all the time...TOM though, so I think it is just that. Today I am staying away from all snacking except tonight...sugar free fudge bars!!!! I know you all feel the same way as I do about your weight, you want it off faster than tomorrow!!!!DH is very very frustrated with me because I keep telling him I am not getting anywhere and he keeps telling me I am doing fine. I will post my picture tonight after I take my three month post op picture..... I hope you all don't think I am too fat!!!...LMAO....that was a joke, kinda like posting on a dating website...

JC, I definitely want to hear more also. I know you are at work, and cannot talk right now. Do you all think we over compensate for our low self esteem by trying to overachieve in the exercise field????? Just a thought!!

BG, you ARE a cutie....I wish I was 27 again....I will be 37 on July 31st...:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

I have a ninteen year old and a 12(almost 13, a week after my bday) and I feel OLD!!

Maybe I should start racing!!!:D

Damn it, I keep meaning to comment about the comment BG made about the nutritionist shitting her pants when I told her I ate peanuts.....I think she may be taking ALLI...hence the shitting her pants!!:whoo:

Deanna - if you're hungry outside of your TOM get a SMALL fill. If you can control your calorie deficit (calories eaten vs. calories burned) without great hunger, the fill is not going to do much for you. But I'm SO like you - I want it off NOW NOW NOW (yes I do want to throw a temper tantrum sometimes about all this!) I'm super impatient!

JC - I'd also love to hear your side of things when / if you want to or have time to share.

I'm a few days overdue in taking my 7 month pics. Maybe I'll get brave... maybe not.

I did contact the therapist that's through my surgeon's office and she gave me a referral to someone closer to me who is super good but 1) also not on my insurance and 2) not super familiar with banding. So, if I'm going to do therapy, I'll probaby just have to buck up and pay out of pocket for this great gal that's an hour away... but I'm worth the cost & hassle, right?

Its thunderstorming slightly here this afternoon so no biking for me again today...

I say get someone who KNOWS what it is like to have WLS!!! I think it is so hard to get the obese issues, unless you have been there yourself. Kinda like I don't get skinny people. How they can say no to cake and Cookies and Desserts, and just food in general. I say go to the banded one!!!!!....

I think I am doing pretty good outside of TOM with the eating it is just this week before that is killing me!!! I want to eat ALL the time and pretty much have been, except when someone else is home, then I don't feel like it so much. Eating broccoli right now...with ranch...I just feel like I need to have something in my mouth....you can imagine what DH said when I told him about that....

Annie

You can look for someone who does eating disorders too. It's not that big of a jump to go from anorexia to obesity. (I LOVE telling that to the girls I suspect of having it. I'm a sadistical fat girl!)

But really we get the same body dysmorphia and we are using food for power or comfort. So you could probably find someone close and in network if you are so inclined.

Deanna, I'm really interested to see how you decide to go with the fill. I ponder it way too much myself too.

As for eating pre period, or during or post...hormonally induced hunger is horrible. The desire to eat is freakish! But then it goes away. I ate huge amounts of baked chicken breast today. In the past I'd had eaten huge amounts of spaghetti or bacon or ice cream...so I'm still ahead of the game. Though working out today just didn't happen. I was feeling hateful and gross...tomorrow is a no work out day, I think...but we are riding 40 (maybe less) on Saturday and maybe 25 on Sunday.

Come on Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, BG cute picture! You should be proud of yourself.

Second,

I am trying intentionally not to draw attention to my new self. I am severly focussed on the weight loss. There are critical numbers for me to DEFEAT. Right now it is 220.0lbs. Reason being I can remember reaching 220lbs in 1988, this is the year I lost control again.

I was overweight growing-up, some people have suggessted it was due to the loss of my Mom, I wasn't quite two years old.

When I graduated from high school I made a commitment to get into shape. I have always been athletic (for my size people would say) I wanted to look better as well. I was successful, in 1984 I lost 100+ pounds and a world I had never dreamed existed opened up for me.

I became very popular, it seemed everyone wanted to be my friend, guys wanted to lift weights with me they would go to the same person who gave me a haircut and ask her to cut their hair just like mine, so much so that she actually quit charging me.

Girls too, they would come up and hand me their phone number right in front of the girl I was going out with. having a girlfriend was even a new experiance. This is a small town and me and a friend of mine seemed to have been elevated to this unbelievable status. I thought people were finally seeing the person who was there all along and it felt so good.

Then 1988 hit and 220 lbs hit. I tried to get this weight back off and some how added more then a little more. before I knew it i was 250lbs. Then I noticed as a got bigger my world got smaller. Those so called friends of mine weren't around as much. Don't get me wrong there was a core that were good as gold and hung with me, it is just the group was noticeably smaller. Heartbreaking things would happen like people who couldn't get enough of me before would duck down aisles or act like they were looking for stuff when they would see me in stores and blah blah blah.

My self esteem has really not been low, it has been assasinated, But you have to know me to understand that I am OK with that for now, because I am a FIGHTER. I have faced utter tragedy at least 5 times in my life and came out as normal as possible.

I feel with the decision to be banded I am winning the weight loss fight. In my all out assault I have lost so much so fast that I have a new enemy, excess skin, and it better watch out because as soon as I reach my stated goal I will turn my focus on this new enemy of mine and I WILL kick its ASS. After which me and my self esteem will get to know each other again. :-)

JC

I've just read this entire thread - now I want a bike too! I have absolutely nowhere to store one though, we have a carport, not a garage, and the kids bikes are chained to the posts, and we keep one car in the driveway and only one car under cover as a result. The shed is full of lawnmowers and camping gear etc. We really really really need a new house, w'ere bursting the seams of this one.

Isnt it funny though, I'm not the least bit embarrassed to be out running in the daylight, being seen by all and sundry, not even with a pair of DD's on my chest, lol. But the thought of a motorist driving behind me laughing at my (normal weight) backside puts me off. Not to mention I'd feel so nervous riding on the actual road. All the main rounds round here are 80kms/hr and they also are rather unmade, there's big rocky shoulders or ditches at the sides an definitely no dedicated bike lanes.

Jacqui, YOU win the nightly prize. This is kinda like the lotto. We don't take it lightly when someone invests a lot of their time reading about cycling, among other things. So, here you go!!:D You deserve it. You know I love your philosophy on the band and what it means to be banded. JC, my heart is breaking for you this very minute. I am not feeling sorry for you, but rather sorry that you have lost your self esteem from the things that have happened to you. I know, we all know, all to well, the look that people give us at a store, either the "oh my god, I hope the fat person doesn't come talk to me "or the "how embarassing to know them". It is all so sad and disheartening. You sound and act so strong and you are sooooo lively and full of life that I have no doubt that when all is said and done, those same folks will be knocking at your door and the door is not going to be answered. Its their loss, and I for one, think that you are one hell of a guy!!

By the way, does your boss get cranky once a month too??? If so, that could be reason behind his name!!!!

J, I know you are so right, and I am not going to get a fill. I am just not going to do it. I exercise like a freak as it is, what the hell am I going to run on if I can't eat???? I am just going to have to realize that my body is not trying to catch up with my weight loss now and I may never see those 4-5 pound a week moments again!!! :cry But, I will continue to plug along....

Deanna, He definately gets cranking once a month! LOL

Listen it is all good. I have things going my direction and you are right it's their loss. I try to look for positives everywhere. At least I know the truth about those so called friends. :-)

JC

JC I agree with everything that Deanna said. You are awesome and what you have done is nothing short of amazing. You can do, you can beat this thing. All of us can.

On a side note I have felt like shit almost all day. I took a 4 hour nap which for em just makes me feel worse. Dh got home at 8:30 and I forced myself up and out on the bike. I feel a bajillion times better now.

Thanks for the nice words on the pic. I love my comfy little computer setup lol. I am going to have some rocking 6 month photos for you all when I get back from vacation.