Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So when I make egg salad should I be taking the yokes out cause on MFP it makes my fat % for the day really high when I put it in my diary. But I wasn't sure if it was a good kinda fat or bad cause my 3oz bowl has 29g of Protein n works great for getting to my goal on protein?!? Still learning here :)

I don't take the yolk out. You eat so little that I don't think it matters.

I would take out half of the yolks and leave the rest..I just don't think egg salad would be very good with no yolk...plus the yolk has good nutrients.

I eat the whole yolk. A better way to cut down on the fat is to use half greek yogurt (I'm partial to FAGE brand) and half the amount of mayo you normally would use instead. The greek yogurt ups your Protein count, cuts down your fat count and doesn't change the taste.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I skip the mayo entirely - I use hummus a the binder. I prefer Roasted Red Pepper, but the Garlic is really good, too.

Actually - since my hubs doesn't like mayo, I use hummus instead pretty much everywhere. It's really good in tuna salad, too.

And adds some nutrients and Protein. And Fiber, I think...

I never limited my fats. Not only do I use the whole egg, I also sometimes add avocado.. Mmmmm.

And FYI, if you are interested in reducing fat, Kraft olive oil mayo has half the fat as regular mayo. (I just bought mayo yesterday and noticed this on the label at the grocery store).

I skip the mayo entirely - I use hummus a the binder. I prefer Roasted Red Pepper, but the Garlic is really good, too.

Actually - since my hubs doesn't like mayo, I use hummus instead pretty much everywhere. It's really good in tuna salad, too.

And adds some nutrients and Protein. And fiber, I think...

since hummus is mostly chickpeas my guess would be some protein as well as fiber.

I never limited my fats. Not only do I use the whole egg, I also sometimes add avocado.. Mmmmm.

And FYI, if you are interested in reducing fat, Kraft olive oil mayo has half the fat as regular mayo. (I just bought mayo yesterday and noticed this on the label at the grocery store).

I LOVE adding avocado. In fact I love avocados. I add them to pretty much every thing: Soup, over scrambled eggs, in mock chicken salad. YUM! so good!

i'm with Kindle. i don't count fats, worry about the amount, etc.

i eat according to my program. i count Proteins, and loosely count calories. i also count oz of liquids.

that's it!

LOVE egg salad with avocado, a tiny bit of Miracle Whip, a tiny bit of yellow mustard and onions. YUM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches