Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric sleeve done on October 20,2014 & I have already lost 40 pounds since surgery. I lost 24 pounds on presurgery diet so a total of 64 pounds since around the first of august. I am still having a hard time consuming enough food and Water in order to meet my nutrition needs and any kind of Vitamin I take make me very nauseous to the point I have thrown up a couple of times. I need some advice on what I can do. The doctor just keeps telling me to drink water and take the Vitamins. I've tried several, my last attempt was the chewable bariatric vitamins and they have been the worst! I know my body is deficient because I'm always tired, my hair is thinning and I get light headed when I stand up to quickly. I don't want to get any worse but I cannot take the vitamins! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was sleeved 10/27. My doc had me start my Vitamins about 2 1/2 weeks post op. I am taking the Bariatric Advantage capsules. I am able to swallow them (they are a little big). I have never been able to swallow pills no matter what size they were.

It did take me a few days to figure out what time of day was best for me to take them. I was doing after Breakfast and dinner but found I was waking up in the middle of the night tasting them. yuck!! So now I take them after Breakfast and lunch, I find if I take them when there is something in my tummy then all is good.

I know there will be people who will have advice for you. I have seen many who have helped so much on here. I just wanted to let you know what worked for me. Hang in there as they days go by it will be easier for your to get your Protein an Water in.

Thank you:) with feeling so weak 6 weeks post op I guess I am starting to get a little scared for my health but since others are dealing with the same problem maybe it's not that out of the norm and hopefully will get better!

So have either of you been able to start working out yet? I've read of people working out a month post op but there's no way I have the energy to do anything more than a short walk. I want to work out but physically can not do it :(

Anyone still have pain after surgery? I'm 2 1/2 wks out, and have a tremendous pain in lower right abdomen. Bending over or trying to pick something up, and getting out of bed is extremely painful....anyone else ?

The only pain I experienced was with the drain after surgery, after it was taken out I felt much better! I'd check with your doctor about the pain bc it could be something that needs attention. Hoping all is well soon!

Have you tried putting the bariatric chewables in yogurt ( crush them) or blend them with a Protein Drink?

Tried it in yogurt this morning! Was able to get half a tablet down! Will try the other half later. Those tablets are huge and the serving is 2 a day! I think I'm going to work on getting 1 a day in for now:) thanks!

I take chewable Nature's Plus multi-vitamins with minerals in pineapple flavor! Most Multivitamins make me deathly ill after I take them so I was scared To death to take any but these have never made me sick! I had to order them from vita-shop on line. They aren't cheap 90 for 24.00 or 180 for 45.00 compared to say wal-mart but They are powerful!

"Anyone still have pain after surgery? I'm 2 1/2 wks out, and have a tremendous pain in lower right abdomen. Bending over or trying to pick something up, and getting out of bed is extremely painful....anyone else ? "

To Goosey76 and others: My pain was in my lower left side. It was a stinging burning pain whenever I stooped to pick something up or I turned a certain way (and also when I had a sneeze fit or hiccuped). Found out it was called muscle/tissue trauma pain from the surgeon maneuvering the instruments (laparascopically) inside my belly during the sleeve operation. It took a while, but I am 4 weeks post-op today (Yay!) and the pain is GONE.

If there is any doubt about pain, be sure to check with your doctor/surgeon. They can set your mind to rest if it's something common, or they will schedule you to come in to be checked if it is anything more complex.

Edited by 4LgrLife_53

Anyone still have pain after surgery? I'm 2 1/2 wks out, and have a tremendous pain in lower right abdomen. Bending over or trying to pick something up, and getting out of bed is extremely painful....anyone else ?

I'm about 11 days out and I'm still in pain on my right side too just the right incision. That's the only one that's ever hurted from the 5 I have. I went to the hospital yesterday because the right one was dripping blood and I was worried. The doc said I Wasent a ziplock bag that could be sealed and open whenever I wanted. They told me most of the work was done on that one. We have layers of patched up walls just because the ones we see are sealed doesn't mean the underlying ones are too.