Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name something strange and super unhealthy that you used to eat before weight loss

Peanut Butter with about an equal amount of sugar mixed in it. Weird but I was hooked on it

OH. MY. GOSH. WHAT!! This makes me so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! No added sugars AND only 2 carbs a serving! I'm buying this ASAP! Thank you so much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're very welcome! Please let me know if they are tasty. I have not tried them, but I am now inspired to develop a Paleo recipe myself!

For me it was pie. I did not make it often because if I did I could keep eating it until the darn thing was gone. I just love pie. Now, I could really care less about sweets at all.

Anything super cheesy.. I'd put tostito chips on a baking sheet with big hunks of cheese on them and pop them in the oven. The strangest maybe, putting lunch meat like ham or turkey on a plate and covering it with shredded cheese and melting it together in the microwave.... So yummy.. I already miss that

Edited by little_mrs

As a kid, anytime we had leftover white rice, I would put the cold white rice in a mug then top with sugar, cinnamon and milk. Mmmmmmmm. Taste like horchata.

Hot cheetos or chili cheese fritos mixed in ice cream.

Hot cheetos or chili cheese fritos mixed in ice cream.

That sounds strangely delicious!

I loved avacado sandwiches with lots of mayo or anything with lots of melted cheese. I was not a sweet person more of salty snack and that was my down fall everytime chips and dip.

It was nothing for me to eat a mixture of soft ice-cream, cookie crumbs, cake crumbs with frosting, and sprinkles. It sounded so good back "then" but now as I type it, it sounds hideous.

I also used to love taking a fresh Italian hoagie roll, soak in melted butter and inhale it.

I swear if these weren't cries for help, I don't know what was! I can laugh at it now. ????????????

Gross, greasy, just plain yuk! LOL

My grandmother introduced me to Peanut Butter and Karo Syrup.< /p>

I knew that low-fat Peanut Butter wasn't for me the first time I tasted it. Sure enough it has added corn syrup.

Mine was peanut butter mixed with maple syrup. To this day I can't keep maple syrup in the house out of fear that I'll give into the temptation. Each ingredient by itself doesn't do anything for me but together it's a bit of paradise.

Sweetened condensed milk...I've not had my surgery yet but I used to look forward to thanksgiving because I usually make the corn pudding and I would get an extra can of sweetened condensed milk just to eat. This year I didn't make it so I didn't have any. Thank GOD!!! Lol

About the condensed milk..........my mom used to take baking cocoa and sugar and condensed milk and make hot chocolate that way. it was even better if we had marsmallows. Now I just have instant sugar free cocoa and Water.

Mine was Peanut Butter mixed with maple Syrup. To this day I can't keep maple syrup in the house out of fear that I'll give into the temptation. Each ingredient by itself doesn't do anything for me but together it's a bit of paradise.

I haven't eaten the peanut butter/Karo syrup combo in at least 25 years but the memory lingers (see my note about low fat peanut butter)!

Someone is going to take all of these "concoctions" and open a food stand on the boardwalk down the Jersey Shore. They'll make a fortune! Some of the most creative I've read so far are the potato chip and mayo sandwich (white bread of course) and the hot cheetos in ice cream.

As far as my mashed potatoes and kernel corn on white bread, slap a southern fried chicken tender and some gravy on it and you've got an entire meal, LOL! It would sell. I know it. BTW I am from NJ and my husband and I joke that one day we will open such a food stand and sell the most unhealthy combinations of food. I've crowd sourced the concoctions on Facebook and people have been drooling over them! Two that I recall right now are: Neapolitan ice cream sandwiched between two pop tarts and rolled in rainbow jimmies, and a pizza egg roll (its an egg roll on the outside and pizza on the inside).

My husband and I stopped into a German restaurant for dinner. Fortunately I had the good sense to look at the menu before sitting down. Everything was breaded fried pork or sausage. The meal for two came with a variety of meats (as long as they were either breaded fried pork or sausage) and German potato salad, noodles, and some other kind of potato. OMG people were saying how good the food is at this place!!!!

Edited by My Bariatric Life