Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

It may be time to get your primary care doc involved. Insurance will typically pay for a follow up with your primary or you can ask them to bill it as a sick visit. You can also call your ins co. & explain your concerns. State you feel you need a second opinion

My God haven't you been through enough? Go see you primary doc and see what he says? Prayers on your way....

This is utterly ridiculous and now I'm pissed for you. Something is obviously not right and it is their freakin' job to figure it out and to effectively manage your symptoms while doing so.

I pray that you go back and when you get there, please ask to speak to the nursing supervisor of the hospital (not the unit you may get placed in) and demand to speak with the Patient Advocate. Someone will listen to you. We are so worried about you.

Back in ER, surgeon wanted me back and will admit me. Possible surgery tomorrow to repair sliding hernia. So scared. Another lapriscopic surgery and recovery. And no Confidence they will fix me.

At least Iv fluids will help so I don't have to drink which I can't do

Like @@BitterSweet* said. Ask for the patient advocate NOW. Meet him/her and establish a relationship NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW.

Simply infuriated for you. I said it days ago when you were admitted the last time that the hernia needed to be repaired. A sliding hiatal hernia means that the top portion of your stomach (right by your esophagus) keeps sliding through that weakened spot of your diaphragm. That's why you couldn't breath well before and that's why nothing will go down or stay down.

I am officially declaring your surgeon an @ss. A total and complete @ss. Without reparing your hernia your symptoms and problems are not likely to get better, so please go through with the surgery. Everytime you vomit, that hernia is worsened because now there's excessive swelling and inflammation and that part of your stomach will be too enlarged to slide back through. I really want you to be ok. Please ask a friend to go and be there with you. I'm praying for you.

10 hours in ER, finally got a room this morning. Not private though and not in bariatric floor. Only thing they did today was leak test which looked OK. I'm on iv fluids. When they gave me contrast for leak test I threw it up a few minutes later so still can't tolerate Fluid. No one knows what's going on. Scary

Did you talk to a patient advocate?

I cant believe all this as soon as I thought you were on the mends then something else you post is wrong. I cant believe how many times you have been in the ER over this Im shocked no one has taken responsibility or action to fix the issues at hand. Thank goodness for insurance imagine if you self paid. Feel better and hopefully this will get all worked out so you and your wife can enjoy this holiday season

Ugh. Got a pick line so can get out of here. They are scratching their heads. One talked about behavior modification to learn to sip slower. What a quack I know how to sip. The surgeon said could be my body adjusting to new stomach. Yeah 5 weeks later? If I go home with home health. I can at least live on Iv fluids while finding another opinion. To top it off my right big toe has me in excruciating pain. Seem like gout but how on this diet. Waiting for doc to authorize pain med. So as of now may go home tomorrow with averaging only 10 Oz of Water a day nothing else and orders for iv at home. There's not more they can do. Oh mamma this big toes a hurtin

Yeah but my insurance is up in a couple weeks so no more max out of pocket. Large deductible looms for next year