Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

Please contact your surgeon and if your procedure was done near by don't call just go! You cannot take chances with this type of thing. check for fever and if you have one...go...

Please keep us posted.

Thank you for that update. I hope they can resolve this quickly and you can begin to heal and recover from this complication. Praying for you...

Sending prayers and blessings your way. Speak to your surgeon on the way to the ER see what you are told. God bless.

Sending prayers up for you! Please keep us updated. *hugs*

How are you today? Hope you find answers soon!

was able to get some fluids down yesterday. about 20 oz maybe which is a major improvement. Been waiting for days to get EGD today so surgeon can see whats going on, but they said this morning since I got some fluids down yesterday, they may want to wait a couple days to see how it goes. Being treated for H Pylori. But no harm in doing EGD. Id hate to wait again only to have to have it. I rather have peace of mind after a scope. So we will see. My wife comes here for her bypass tomorrow morning at 5am. I am seeing if they will let me go down to OR waiting room tomorrow morning. Making it tough as I wasn't supposed to be sick and would take her to surgery and be there but Im in here too,

I wouldn't leave the hospital without having that EGD done; you have suffered enough and they need to figure out why. I hope things go well with your wife. Good luck to you both!

Prayers for you and your wife!!

I'm sure she understands that this isn't how you preferred for things to work out. Best of luck to you both!

I saw the surgeons fellow this morning. And told him I still wanted it done today, but an hour later they cancelled it and tentatively scheduled for tomorrow now. so frustrated. Day of my surgery I guess I tested for H Pylori. Which they should have been treating me for the past few weeks at home. But they missed the results 4 weeks ago, hence why I am here now and going through this. I hate this place. I would not wish my worst enemy to utilize Tampa General Hospitals program or facilities. This "center of excellence" sucks. Nurse told us last night when my wife asked if she sees a lot of bariatric surgery patients come back for re-admits, and she said yes. Hell was in ER here last Monday and they sent me home said they didn't see anything and I was just dehydrated. SOMETHING IS CAUSING ME not to get fluids down hence dehydration. May be the H Pylori but would be nice to know they have looked inside to rule anything else out.

I hope your ok. Let us know what's going on. I had to go back to hosp too because I couldn't breathe. I found out my diaphragm was stretched and it just had to heal. I'm ok now but you worry me. Please take care and eat correctly. I was sleeved October 17 and still having issues with eating meat. We got to eat slow and chew chew chew. God bless

Sounds like you may want to report your experience to the ASMBS. This is the group that designates hospitals as Bariatric Centers of Excellence.

http://asmbs.org/

Edited by BeagleLover