Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

So sorry to hear you are having problems. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

I'm praying for you NPRcowboy and hope you feel better soon.

Because your hernia is causing such acute distress, they will likely schedule you for surgery to repair it; sooner rather than later. As many complications as you have had and continue to have, please stay diligent about following previous orders to prevent other issues such as blood clots and pneumonia.

Get up and walk when you can. Ask for TED hose for your legs. Ask for and use an incentive spirometer. Report ANY change in symptoms immediately, especially if your shortness of breath worsens. Let them keep you hydrated with IV fluids, and don't worry so much about your oral intake. With that being said, you are nearing that stage where they may need to administer parenteral nutrition (PPN) to you to prevent malnutrition. We're praying and pulling for you and your wife. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Ok update. My wife's surgery went well and is resting. I'm not doing the best either. EGD showed a hernia in my esophagus. Anyone know what they do for that? I got a fever today and am very weak. After 40 oz of fluids yesterday only 3 today. I'm on oxygen for shortness of breath.even sitting up or going to restroom makes me almost collapse from exertion.

Yesterday I took long walks. Even this morning. This is all

post EGD

when they told you of the hernia, didn't they tell you what they plan to do about it? Didn't you ask them? Why are they so slow to move to the next step? Keep advocating for yourself. I know you are not feeling well, and I'm so sorry you are going through this. Is there a family or friend you trust who can come to you to assist you with dealing with the medical staff? Best.

I think @@finediva is right. You need someone else there to help advocate for you. This is not a normal recovery by any means, and surely they have a treatment plan that you should be fully informed about. Unless you are in ICU, a family member or friend should be able to stay with you AND SHOULD. Please call someone.

Wow I am keeping up with your story and praying for you and your family.

thanks folk. Latest update. They will have a watch and see on the hernia which they say is small. They believe my issue was the H Pylori which I tested positive for the day of surgery Nov 6th in which they failed to notice the test result and treat me these past few weeks. After only getting in 8oz yesterday they decided t discharge me today with a host of meds to take at home to continue to fight the infection.I have probably got 30 oz intoday of Gatorade and water.They put me back on the post op diet of liquids for 2 weeks. I would have thought they would at least given me a day to see if I can tolerate enough fluids and Protein Shakes before kicking me out. My wife is doing great after her bypass. She may be home Friday.I am breathing better today, they think yesterdays fever, chills, and shortness of breath were related to an anesthesia reaction from EGD yesterday. My wife was my advocate but she of course is hospitalized too.Dont really have anyone else around here to help. I am now home alone and the icing on the cake is that when I got home and was carrying my bag in from hospital, I threw my back out. So now riddled in pain and stuck in the chair I made it to when I got home 5 hours ago.The main reason I decided I had to lose the weight was because of my constant back issues. So irony is bytch. I know from past experience, if I lay down, I am not getting back up without help and my walker. so cant lay down. The recliners were great that we bought for surgery recovery but are not good for my back, makes it worse. So half terrified being alone tonight mainly because of my back now. Called surgeon but haven't called back as I have meds for my back spasms, baclofen and prednisone, but don't know if I can take while healing nor if they will interact with the 5 news meds they sent me home with. If I was a horse they;d a put me down by now lol

Lol @ the horse comment! Bless your heart.

I am in Tampa and can come help you if need. Instead of putting you down like they do a horse, how about one of those slings they put them in when they can't stand? Ha! Now there's a picture.:-)

I love you guys. The support i have recd here is heart warming. And gives this "horse" the courage to keep racing. I am blessed for this site. I tried my first Protein in almost 2 weeks as I was hungry so made a strawberry Protein Drink with milk. Yeah, wasn't having it. Made me on the verge of vomiting for next 2 hours after only a few sips. Sticking to Water and gatorade rest of night though starving. Due to size of pills they gave me , 5 new scripts to fight the h pylori and other symptoms, and quantity after breaking them up to smaller than than a hole punch I wind up with 18 pieces to swallow. That alone is tough and nauseating. Have to do that twice a day on moat and 4 times daily on others. Tough whwn already hard to dronk fluids. I'm just upset that they could have prevented this misery I've been going through and an extra 6 days on hospital had they just done their diligence and started me on this regiment 3 weeks ago. On On a happier note , The pic attached brightened my day as on the eve of her surgery my wife decorated the whole house for the holidays. As ibwas hospitalized, so when I came home to an empty house the tree and decor did brighten my mood. All I want from Santa is a few days of feeling well. Not much to ask I don't think. Night all. And will update you all tomorrow.

post-235435-1417667758581_thumb.jpg

@@nprcowboy, awwww that was so nice of your wife!

I'll send my letter to Santa tomorrow asking him to please speed up your healing.

sleep well & praying tomorrow is a better day.

Tree is gorgeous! I may actually stop being lazy and put mine up. So glad you are home and on to better health. As a side note, have you thought about crushing the pills and putting in apple sauce, or letting them melt in small amount of liquid them swallowing?

Sweet indeed. Praying that you begin feeling better soon.

Hope your getting better. What a struggle you have been through!

I was positive for H pylori also and currently taking 8 pills a day to treat it.

When I mentioned to my surgeon about re testing for h Pylori after my treatment course is finished he said that the H pylori wont cause any harm as most of my stomach will be cut out with the sleeve.

I was relieved and now Im confused due to your case.

Haven't heard from you in a few days, @@nprcowboy . How are you doing?