Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UNITED HEALTHCARE PPO

Yes, last year it was for sure, a requirement. This is the first year it was removed from the list of requirements. The requirements now are 6 months supv diet visits with PCP, 40 BMI or 35 with co-morbids and psych clearance.

I have completed my 6 month PCP supervised with loss and have my 5 year weight history. Had my initial surgeon consult, psych eval (cleared for surgery) and nutritionist consult today. Hoping to get that all submitted by the doctor's to insurance next week. I have my fingers crossed

Hello all. I live in Florida and have United Choice Plus. I started this journey in November and completed all requirements as of 05/06/15. I was advised to expect at least a thirty day wait for insurance to reply. The people at the physicians office imply its a definite approval. I am so anxious & worried insurance will deny. If anyone has experience with United Choice Plus I'd appreciate your insight!

@@Gina Humphrey I have United Choice Plus PPO, and mine was approved in 2 days. But mine is through my employer, and yours is through your employer (I am assuming). UHC is terrific.

@@wannaBthinsoon thanks for the reply. Wow 2 days is really fast! I was initially told my plan doesn't have the rider and the decision will need yo be appealed. Supposedly that all started when I first began the process. It would be great to hear back so quickly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!

Hello all. I live in Florida and have United Choice Plus. I started this journey in November and completed all requirements as of 05/06/15. I was advised to expect at least a thirty day wait for insurance to reply. The people at the physicians office imply its a definite approval. I am so anxious & worried insurance will deny. If anyone has experience with United Choice Plus I'd appreciate your insight!

did u do the 6 month Nut? did gain or lose weight?

@@Gina Humphrey I have United Choice Plus PPO, and mine was approved in 2 days. But mine is through my employer, and yours is through your employer (I am assuming). UHC is terrific.

advantage of PPO .. I thought of switching , but I do not wanta pay more for ins.

did they still require 6 months of Nut?

@@taweedeegirl Yes mind did require supervised Dr visits with discussion on diet and excercise. Weight had to be recorded at each visit. There was no specific number of visits required though. But I did 6 monthly visits to be safe. UHC didn't require any history of high BMI either, that was dropped last year.

UHC no longer requires your weight history...5 years or otherwise. I know they denied a few people I know last year due to that requirement, but this year it was dropped. I assume all UHC,

MY UHC required a 5 year weight history

My uhc does not require a 5 year history but does require I'm insured with them for over a year weird huh