Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

HI all,

It's Lynette from the July 2007 Bandsters thread. I started that one because I didn't see one already. My bad. This one was first, so I think we should all come here from now on, because I love the name too, and 7 is my lucky number!!!!

My new motto is "It's going to GREAT in 2008*!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the final results of this journey.

Lynette

HI all,

It's Lynette from the July 2007 Bandsters thread. I started that one because I didn't see one already. My bad. This one was first, so I think we should all come here from now on, because I love the name too, and 7 is my lucky number!!!!

My new motto is "It's going to GREAT in 2008*!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the final results of this journey.

Lynette

Works for me. I'll "move my stuff" on over here! Woohooo!!!!

Hope ya'll don't mind, but I put together a list for us, including surgery dates...

-Lynette617 = 7/2

-Dakota476 = 7/9

-Marcyinak = 7/10

-Evilah = 7/10 (or TBD)

-AshRae84 = 7/11

-Gwhite = 7/12

-Mikel909 = 7/18

-Chimboree26 = 7/25

-Laurend = TBD

-Sunshine6855 = TBD

Please let me know if we need to update anything.

I have to admit that sometimes I wish I had come up with a better/wiser/wittier "screen name". Whatever! I don't spend my time thinking like that anyhoo.

Got a couple of issues going on....I've got everything scheduled, got tickets for grandma to come care for kids, tickets for my sister and I to go to Denver for surgery, etc., etc...I'm now kinda blah about the whole thing. I mean, I was excited and found time to do ENORMOUS amounts of research on the surgery, risks, doctors, self-pay issues, etc. and now that it's all in the bag I don't know if I'm all that interested...could it be that I'm in some zen space and everything's good? Hmmm...

I'd love to be the intelligent and philosophical one on this thread, but reality is that I'm just the obnoxious, snobby, know-it-all. Sorry!

Maybe the excitement was in the chase. Dont get discouraged now. My first seminar was Nov/Dec 2005. I see the surgeon Monday and am hoping to get a date. Maybe I will be a Lucky 7 too!! Hope so.

Any more July 2007 Bandsters out there?

Chimboree,

Thanks for the list of upcoming July surgeries. It's great. I know on the June thread someone was able to put in all on a calendar. I'm not too good at that:cry, but the list is great. We're definitely growing!

So Marci, what is the time zone difference from say, Kentucky:confused: Like right now, it's 4:20 PM here. Are you in the same time zone as California? I'm kind of in the same boat as you, now that I have a date, I'm just sitting here waiting for the day. I've researched everything, everywhere for the lapband, and I know it's for me. Right now, I'm taking my time trying to get used to chewing food slowly, and forever, and trying to not drink when I eat. Keeping my mind busy is real easy once I start thinking about all the changes I'm going to be making. What has made the wait better is that I've already started my post op shopping list. Every weekend I've been getting a few more items checked off my list, and storing them for later, like Jello, puddings, Protein powder, etc. It keeps it exciting for me. I'm also thinking about going clothing shopping, maybe at one of those re-run stores we have out there, just to pick out a few items in a smaller size :clap2:that I'll be able to wear a month after surgery. I've also heard people say that there's a good read out there from Mohammad Ali's daughter who has lost 100 lbs. with the Lapband. I'm going to track it down and start reading it.

Please don't get discouraged. This should be a happy time, so try to make the best of it, and come up with new ways to make it exciting.

I think coming here keeps me excited too. Just talking with others that are feeling all the same emotions as I am, waiting on the same surgery,

and trying to bette their life.

Lynette:)

Just keeping this thread on the first page. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

I'm a Lucky 7 too! My surgery is scheduled for July 12th. I have been waiting since Febuary to get everything set up with the hospital and scheduled to be off work. I am so excited. I am suppose to start on a 4 week very low fat, low calorie diet. Mostly liquids. Thats not too exciting, but I am ready to get going toward my new future! patti

I'm a Lucky 7 too! My surgery is scheduled for July 12th. I have been waiting since Febuary to get everything set up with the hospital and scheduled to be off work. I am so excited. I am suppose to start on a 4 week very low fat, low calorie diet. Mostly liquids. Thats not too exciting, but I am ready to get going toward my new future! patti

Welcome! Glad you're here. The 12th will be here before you know it. I don't have a pre-op diet, but I'm thinking I will probably do my own 4 week liquid diet...you know, just to prepare myself for what's to come. I know exactly how you feel w/the excitement! What a huge lifestyle change we're about to make.

Lynette,

I love your new motto.."It's going to GREAT in 2008*!!!!!!!

Do you mind if I adopt it also? It would be a great motto for all of the Lucky 7s.

Hi everyone. We are growing. I haven't started any special diet but I did notice that I am eating less at meals, leaving more on the plate. I am listening to my body and stopping when satisfied. Hopefully this will prepare me for after surgery.

Have great day!!!

cathy

<p>Sunny,</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm glad you like my motto, and yes we can all use it, and it will be great. I just went to our amusement park today with my DH and 3 year old. It was exciting to know that next year, I'll fit more comfortably into the seats when we have to ride with him. And even though I'm not even thinking about a bikini at this point, I'll just be glad to actually look half way decent when we go to the Water park!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Welcome Patti!!! We're growing by the day. I'll be 4 weeks pre op tomorrow. Yikes!!!!!!! I've really been cutting back on my portions also, even though I do not have a pre op diet. Every little bit helps.</p> <p> </p> <p>Hope everyone had a great weekend.</p> <p> </p> <p>Lynette</p>