Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Chim and everyone here!

I'm doing well. I had a bout with hunger earlier today for about 3 hours while I was out. My belly was making all sorts of noise and I actually had "real" hunger pangs. I was able to squelch it with some Tomato Soup laced with Protein Powder. Now its burping time. I've become the burp queen since my banding.

I did the treadmill for 45 minutes and felt a little tired and winded but kept pluggin away.

Hey Cazulay!

I had an uncontrollable urge for a few olives a couple of days ago. The olives were sooooo good but meanwhile, they were never a big deal to me before surgery. I was told that I was lacking sodium due to all the Protein Shakes (they have sugar in them but not much sodium). As Chim said though, we're putting the sutures around our bands at risk when we give in to foods that aren't liquids or mushies (depending on the stage we're in). I REALLY needed that reminder and I'm hoping I didn't do any damage to mine. In the meantime, I decided to add more Soups with added Protein powder or cottage cheese blended in to take care of my salt craving. It's been doing it's job for the last 2 days so far.

Lynette, that will be so neat! I eventually would love to run a marathon. Who knows. It may actually happen now.

Hi Kathy!!! Well, here's what's been working well for me: scrambled eggs w/a little cheese, and tuna fish. These have been very filling for me. I don't get as hungry after eating them. I'm going to make some chix salad to change it up.

SSanka, good for you! Pushing on through. I know exercise is gonna make a huge difference for all of us.

Caz, just make sure you stick to the plan. We don't want to risk any slips in the future.

Lynette i'm doing a bit better today . thanks!!

did you see BreadLady popped into us!!

Hey Lynette, Peaches, Dini, Jackie, BREADLADY!!!!, Unruhlyhd, Jeanie, Only4Me, SSanka, and anyone else who I missed!!!

How's it going today???

I'm doing well. Been exercising (walking at this point) and feeling great!

hey sweet pea! all good on my front i've just played 2 games of scrabble and guess what, lost both!!! no suprise there!!!

its great that your walking. i would give anything to like walking but i find it so boring! and i also hate the treadmill, i'd rather do some light weights !!!

any saucy scandel for us!!!

I went to a professional development today and have no idea what they talked about, all I could think about was food, I was starving, as in pre-banding starving. So when I get home I ate a tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese and six Kalamata olives. I felt horrible but could honestly not hold any longer. I just had to have something 'real'. So now I am not nearly as hungry.

But the good news is that in addition to Curves I got a membership to our local rec. center so I can go walking/exercising regardless of the weather. I live in a pretty small town so it does not have a lot of resources, but it does have a walking track and a small weigh room with threamills and stationary bikes- 2 of each.

Cazulay, babes i really dont think you have to worry. i was put on to mushy on day 2 and solids after a week and i dont consider olives to be solid and shredded parmesan (my favourte) to be solid once you chew the olives well and it does not sound like they got stuck, your grand. but thats only my little opinion for what it counts. thats fab that your join the fitness center. i was thinking of joining curves how do you find it? its 3x3 times a week isn't it??

Well, I'm still on liquids for the next week......according to the nurse I saw today, that's a bummer, but what I did discover was that I was under-eating in that department, so that is why I was hungry a lot of the time.....which also give me another 5 lb weight loss.....that I don't feel bad about!!! So I will work hard at dragging myself through another week.....I will survive!!! lol

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well......

Thanks Chimboree, I'll make sure I bring some canned tuna with me on my trip. eggs won't be much of a problem in the morning, as they always have scrambled eggs at Breakfast.

Dini, how are things going? Are you still too restricted? How's you princess? I just put mine to bed. She hates going to bed. She must think we stay up and play all evening and she's missing out. She'll be so tired and still say "no bed, no bed". Its too cute.

Hey guys...My stomach isn't feeling so great. Today at lunch, I was at the salon, getting my hair done. My stylist was going to get lunch at Chipotle (don't know if ya'll have these, but they're Mexican Grills). She offered to get me s'thing, so I said okay. I told her to get me the following: refried Beans, a little cheese, and sour cream. I said if the chix is shredded, get me a little. One lady said yes, it's definitely shredded.

Well, this is what they got me: pinto Beans, cheese, and a ton of sour cream...and some cubed chix. AAAAAHHHH!!!

I didn't panic. I picked through and ate all the pinto beans, making sure to chew them extremely well. They were spicy. I had a few bites of the chix, again chewing like crazy. Well, I was super full. I really think I ate too much. Nothing got stuck at all, so I was okay there. This was around 1:30pm - 2:00pm.

I get to work and really, really have to go to the bathroom. I go and feel a lil better.

dinner time rolls around, I'm still freaking full. I ate a Tbsp of tuna, but didn't even bother b/c I'm still full.

My stomach is still so full and I don't feel so well. Has anyone else been nauseous from eating too much??? Is this what this is?

Thanks Chimboree, I'll make sure I bring some canned tuna with me on my trip. eggs won't be much of a problem in the morning, as they always have scrambled eggs at Breakfast.

Dini, how are things going? Are you still too restricted? How's you princess? I just put mine to bed. She hates going to bed. She must think we stay up and play all evening and she's missing out. She'll be so tired and still say "no bed, no bed". Its too cute.

hey kATHY, i am just heading to bed and i wanted to say hi. i am a little too restriceted but i'm putting up with it. i'm such a moan aren't i!!! Annafrancesca is super, she's trying to talk and its cracks me up cos all it is s BLAH BLAH GOW GOW GA GA!!

I have no problems with Annafrancesca going to bed its 9 pm no matter what. its been like that since she was 8 days old! and she never slept in my room. my mom said i'm not giving you lots of advice but i want you to listen to these two bits and i did listen and they done good.

Kathy how rude am i but what is your litle girls name ? what stage is she in? im of to bed now but i wanna know and i'll read it in the mrning or pm me

night all xx

- YES, I've had this nauseated feeling from being full....it happened last weekend after I PB'd on steak...obviously I was FULL. It happened on Sat. night and on Sun. I had a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch...I still felt full and a little "queezy". There was some toilet action too, but by Sun evening I was fine. Just drink some Water to get that "through" you and you should be fine.

There was some toilet action too, but by Sun evening I was fine. Just drink some Water to get that "through" you and you should be fine.

:help:Ok people i have been wanting to ask this question... It's gross i know but since we have all been banded together i want to know if anyone else has this problem and maybe they have been to embarressed to ask. So her goes

I have had bathroom issues since i was banded 7/17.. At first it didn't bug me cuz as Sunny said Liqiud in liquid out.. but then came mushy and still was have a problem - baby poop and OMG my tush has been killing me (hemoroids)- i almost have dumping - nothing immediately but soon after i eat i am on the pot.

Sunday finally bought some imodium ad - and was doing better but still go often - tush does seem to be healing up - but has anyone else had a problem in this department...:)

I was told by a friend who has a friend that was banded that she too has this problem - this person is a nurse (the banded one) and said that alot of bad people will either have the trots or plug up issues..

Anyone??

Dini, sweetie. My little girl's name is Sarah. She is 3 years, 4 mths old, but was very premature, so would have just turned 3 a few weeks ago if she went full term.

We got her just before her 2nd birthday. At that time she only had 2 words "hi" and "thank you". Now she talks up a storm. She's still a little delayed, but I don't think it will be long before she's all caught up. It is so cute listening to her babble and learn more words and speak in sentances.

Also, when we got her she had just learned how to walk. She has a mild form of cerebral palsy where her muscle tone is very loose (hypotonia). This causes her to be really floppy and uncoordinated. We just got her out walking everywhere, which helped her gain some strength and endurance. Now she's running everywhere. She still falls down a lot, and won't be a ballarina, but she's strong and determined.

She is really an amazing little girl, full of energy, curiosity and determination.

IndigoGirl, I had the "liquid in liquid out" thing going on while on clear fluids. Once I moved to full fluids it started to "bind" up a bit. Now I'm fairly regular, but light. I would suggest you speak to your doctor about this. It might be normal, but then again, it might not.

Dini, sweetie. My little girl's name is Sarah. She is 3 years, 4 mths old, but was very premature, so would have just turned 3 a few weeks ago if she went full term.

We got her just before her 2nd birthday. At that time she only had 2 words "hi" and "thank you". Now she talks up a storm. She's still a little delayed, but I don't think it will be long before she's all caught up. It is so cute listening to her babble and learn more words and speak in sentances.

Also, when we got her she had just learned how to walk. She has a mild form of cerebral palsy where her muscle tone is very loose (hypotonia). This causes her to be really floppy and uncoordinated. We just got her out walking everywhere, which helped her gain some strength and endurance. Now she's running everywhere. She still falls down a lot, and won't be a ballarina, but she's strong and determined.

She is really an amazing little girl, full of energy, curiosity and determination.

Kathy - I was born @ 7 months weight only 3lbs 12 oz and this was back in 55 - my Dad said I didn't walk until I was around 14 months

I was lucky that i didn't have any complications and am reliativlity normal - (well some might argue that fact :) - My 3 yr grandaughter is spider girl - and she to will never be a ballarina - maybe a motocross racer...

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

This is from my son. Jesse.