Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Oh Phyll, I am so jealous of you... I am sitting here in 2 feet of snow, its piled on the roof so much that DH had to go out and "rake' it off because it was weighing too much on the house.

My doggies don't even want to go outside to "P" I have to give them a little lift in the rear.

I am mentally transporting myself into your HOT R.V. .... you don't need a/c just come up here to Canada for a visit LOL.

Janet; I agree with the others. It would be too horrible to think that you ate brownie slop.... although it peeked my interest some(?)

If I count all the days since banding, and subtract all my days of binging since I am still WAY ahead of the curve. (pardon the pun)

213 total days, 44 days of not eating completely legal. This trend is going to stop

Oh Phyll, I am so jealous of you... I am sitting here in 2 feet of snow, its piled on the roof so much that DH had to go out and "rake' it off because it was weighing too much on the house.

My doggies don't even want to go outside to "P" I have to give them a little lift in the rear.

I am mentally transporting myself into your HOT R.V. .... you don't need a/c just come up here to Canada for a visit LOL.

Janet; I agree with the others. It would be too horrible to think that you ate brownie slop.... although it peeked my interest some(?)

If I count all the days since banding, and subtract all my days of binging since I am still WAY ahead of the curve. (pardon the pun)

213 total days, 44 days of not eating completely legal. This trend is going to stop

Yeah, it's pretty nice to have the warm weather finally show up. I hope I don't have to go north!! My aunt is very ill... at Roswell in Buffalo. Had surgery to remove mass today and is very critical... 79 yrs old. Talked to my sister several times today and she said it had "warmed up" to 14 degrees this afternoon!

Yeah, I can't imagine that Brownie stuff!! Good thing I don't have anything around like that! The most I can do is snag a little cottage cheese out of the refrig! Last night I jazzed it up with some Splenda and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Woo Hoo!! My biggest baddest thing I do is too often have more than one of my teeny glasses of wine! Only one today, though! Tomorrow we have a Ladies' Luncheon here. I will have to be good! DH is making me macaroni & tuna salad to take. I told him not to because he always makes too much and then I have to bring home leftovers and that stuff talks to me just as loud as your M&Ms until it's gone!! So he agreed to make half what he normally makes! Hopefully, the ladies will eat it all!

Okay, Janet... you didn't fall off the wagon... just a little momentary madness! We just can't have ANYTHING around that tempts us!

Yeah, it's pretty nice to have the warm weather finally show up. I hope I don't have to go north!! My aunt is very ill... at Roswell in Buffalo. Had surgery to remove mass today and is very critical... 79 yrs old. Talked to my sister several times today and she said it had "warmed up" to 14 degrees this afternoon!

Yeah, I can't imagine that Brownie stuff!! Good thing I don't have anything around like that! The most I can do is snag a little cottage cheese out of the refrig! Last night I jazzed it up with some Splenda and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Woo Hoo!! My biggest baddest thing I do is too often have more than one of my teeny glasses of wine! Only one today, though! Tomorrow we have a Ladies' Luncheon here. I will have to be good! DH is making me macaroni & tuna salad to take. I told him not to because he always makes too much and then I have to bring home leftovers and that stuff talks to me just as loud as your M&Ms until it's gone!! So he agreed to make half what he normally makes! Hopefully, the ladies will eat it all!

Okay, Janet... you didn't fall off the wagon... just a little momentary madness! We just can't have ANYTHING around that tempts us!

I am sorry to hear your Aunt is so ill. I'll keep possitive thoughts for her o.k.?

Buffalo is not too far from where I live, we have very similar weather to them there. I live on Georgian Bay/Lake Huron, just 1 1/2 hrs north of Toronto.

I am sorry to hear your Aunt is so ill. I'll keep possitive thoughts for her o.k.?

Buffalo is not too far from where I live, we have very similar weather to them there. I live on Georgian Bay/Lake Huron, just 1 1/2 hrs north of Toronto.

Thanks, Peaches. I appreciate that. She's always been very close to my sisters and I... my Mom's only sister. And I'm worried about my Mom,too, because she's 86 and taking this very hard.

I thought you were pretty close to Toronto. Georgian Bay... that's pretty up there.

Cool Peaches, I've been to Lake Huron. My "X" was from Huron/Sandusky Ohio area. It's about 8 hrs north from here. So I guess I was standing across the lake from you.:smile2:

HELLO LADIES

I want to take a minute and thank all of you for being so understanding and letting me vent last night. I just want you all to know that today was a much better day. First thing my DH did this morning was to give me a great BIG hug. Then to put the frosting on the cake, THE SUN WAS OUT TODAY. Shining very bright.........but it was only about 10 degrees outside. But that sun..........(gotta make those Florida Reservations)

JANET - I caught the brownie bit, but it wasn't that I was afraid of you...........it just sounded so yummy, I decided to say anything was to tempt fate. Besides, I had my BigMac yesterday. (never again though)

PEACHES - M & M's. That sounds really good. In fact, hubby and I were in K-Mart and there was a box of them on the check out lane. I had to hold them up and show DH. He was very surprised that I didn't buy them. Didn't want to go from 65 to 60 in less than a day.

PHYL - I bought myself two new bras today while at K-Mart. Cheapies but in colors. And instead of a 42DD, I bought a 40D and a 40DD. Both felt good but I have to be able to wear them for a while till I know just how they fit. I think I might have to go Capris too. I noticed that the skin right above my knees is getting pretty crinkly. I told my hubby that if my mother doesn't outlive me, I'm going to use my inheritance for a body make=over, A total makeover.

Man, this 58 year old brain just isn't functioning right. I wanted to respond to Karri, and Ruby and Linda and Stephanie and others too but I just can't remember. One of those senior moments.

ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND IF I REMEMBER WHAT I WANTED TO POST, I'LL BE BACK. JUST DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. WHEN IT GOES, IT USUALLY STAYS GONE.

Oh yeah, I remember something. My NSV of the day. Went to Meijers and all the riding carts were being used. Got a regular push cart and did my grocery shopping the normal way. It felt pretty good.

OKAY, I'M OUT OF HERE. THIS IS GETTING PRETTY LONG.

Ladies, thanks for the warm welcome back! I have been on antipressants for years but am feeling the need for a higher dosage, or something different. Mental illness runs in my family big time so I'd better watch out.

I love Phil's story about the bras. My favorite thing about losing weight is buying new clothes in regular sizes, and always feeling pretty in them.

Lindaa, I agree with you. If I do not lose another poung ever,I am going to be happy. We have come a long way! What a difference six months make.

Kira, Happy Birthday!

Frustated- 179 is my own goal, because that's how much I used to weigh when I got married and I was very happy with it. The official charts say 150 or so for my 5'5 frame but I don't want to be that skinny, I like being curvy :-0

Peaches- thanks for the encouraging words!

Kari - So sorry you had a bad BD, and once again I'm late with the wishes. Happy Late Birthday!!!!

Still 4 degrees outside? Son of a @#&*!!

When it was 30 here, I was dying, and walking around saying, "There's no way in hell I'll ever live in the cold." I freakin hate it. I'll probably change my tune when I'm melting this summer.

Salsa - I love your list!

Brandy - 150 WOW, Fantastic!!!

Phyl - I hope your Aunt gets better. All my Aunts and Uncles are getting up there in age. My Dad had 16 siblings.

Congratulations on the undies. I could tell you would be shopping from your picture. Everything got a lot smaller.

Janet - I am also a front hooker, then spin it to the back, just like Mommie showed me. I have also passed the knowledge on to my girl. I thought everyone did it that way. People actually hook in the back? What the? Oh, and my gymsuit was blue, and my Mommie embroidered my name on the leg. I still have it.

Peaches and Jackie, Hope ya'll are feeling better!

I got a small fill last Thurs. I am really restricted now. I am barely eating, and I am barely losing weight. I'm the slowest one on here. What the hell? This is really frustrating. I wish I wouldn't have told anyone about my band. I don't want the judging.

I don't get to check this site that often. Since my Mom lives here, we had to move the computer into my son's room. He wants me out. I log on at work, but I get nervous that they are monitoring me. I need to get a lap top.

Frustated- 179 is my own goal, because that's how much I used to weigh when I got married and I was very happy with it. The official charts say 150 or so for my 5'5 frame but I don't want to be that skinny, I like being curvy :-0

PHEW! I'm glad I'm not alone. I have my goal weight set at 150 and to be honest I don't really know that I want to be there. According to the BMI chart it won't even make me healthy. I'd still be overweight. I'm 5'4 and need to be 145 to break into the "normal" zone. I don't know if I want to be that skinny though.

Still, that's a little way off for me. Maybe when I drop another 10-15lbs I may reconsider. I haven't been in the 170s since I was at school; decades ago! :thumbup: One hurdle at a time. :smile2:

THANKS gals;

I just took the last bag of the M&M's and threw them into the trash then I dumped old tea bags on top of them and gave a good squirt of ketchup to boot.This way, I can't even go back into the trash to eat them :blush:

I don't know what gets into me, boredom? lonliness? will I ever figure this head thing out????Sorry, don't mean to sound so whiney, I am just venting.

Peaches - I am so proud of you for throwing them away:thumbup: You are not whiney - we all have our moments- You have a DH why would you be lonely?? Have you been married forever??? Boredom - I truely understand Phyl and I were just talking about that - I think that we have all used food to fill time..

Peaches - I know you all think I am the perfect bander - but I'm not I have my moments too:crying: What peeks your interest- ask I will tell. I really can't tell you why I did it - I just had to have the taste - so I just made a itty bit so i could not over do it - So this is my behavior modification - that moment was my 2% - I had the taste and it wasn't as good as i remembered (it was too watery)

Yeah, I can't imagine that Brownie stuff!! Okay, Janet... you didn't fall off the wagon... just a little momentary madness! We just can't have ANYTHING around that tempts us!

Phyl - That box has been in my pantry since before surgery - I got it for my last meal mentallity - but never got around to eating it - cuz there was so much other stuff I had to eat before surgery - I did try and sent it home with my GD one day -but she forgot it- well now it's in the trash - and I won't buy any more - but truly I am tight enough I don't think i could eat very much - but could graze for days on them :smile2:

You & Your family will be in my prayers tonight - hope your Aunt improves..

HELLO LADIES

I want to take a minute and thank all of you for being so understanding and letting me vent last night. I just want you all to know that today was a much better day. First thing my DH did this morning was to give me a great BIG hug. Then to put the frosting on the cake, THE SUN WAS OUT TODAY. Shining very bright.........but it was only about 10 degrees outside. But that sun..........(gotta make those Florida Reservations)

JANET - I caught the brownie bit, but it wasn't that I was afraid of you...........it just sounded so yummy, I decided to say anything was to tempt fate. Besides, I had my BigMac yesterday. (never again though)

I told my hubby that if my mother doesn't outlive me, I'm going to use my inheritance for a body make=over, A total makeover.

Oh yeah, I remember something. My NSV of the day. Went to Meijers and all the riding carts were being used. Got a regular push cart and did my grocery shopping the normal way. It felt pretty good.

Kari - I am so glad today was a good day for you - I am happy about you walking the store instead of riding in a cart - that's a great NSV...

Total body make over - just tell me when and we can have them together..

Ladies, thanks for the warm welcome back! I have been on antipressants for years but am feeling the need for a higher dosage, or something different. Mental illness runs in my family big time so I'd better watch out. I!

CeCe we are just so happy to have you back - and don't feel alone with the family mental health issues - My Mom - was manic depressive - bipolar - back in the 60's they didn't have a name for it like now or the meds - if they did I think she still would have been alive (commited sucide when i was 15) so yes go see your doc - it can't hurt - we want you happy..

Ok gang - it's 8 p.m. and I know all of you are going to be getting on line but it's my dinner time - i have already been eating my grilled eggplant - yummy and now on to my fish and brown jasmine rice - never had it before so will let you know how it is...

As usual I tried to talk myself out of going to the gym - cuz i was tired - but i didn't - so went and did my 3 miles - I am a good girl most of the time - but do have a bit of the devil in me too:tt2:

Ok - food is calling - talk to you all later - Sweet Dreams and you all will be in my prayers tonite

xoxox

Janet

I made it! A whole pound lost yesterday bringing me to.......wait for it.....149 pounds! I can't believe it! I'm thrilled! I'm in 8-10-12 dresses and 12 slacks and jeans as I've got hips! Always have, always will!

Everyone seems to be doing well and in good spirits! We all feel so much better about ourselves these days!

Janet - A few bites was okay and the fact that you threw it out is what saved you from getting flamed. The other day I had whole wheat saltines and I could not seem to stop going back for more. So the next time I went to get some I grabbed the box, ran them underwater and tossed them into the garbage. So there is the lesson that we must realize. Even "good" foods can cause us problems. food really is an addiction and the toughest to get over because we can't just STOP eating it forever. I don't keep bad foods in the house. To emphasize how much my mind still thinks about food, I will tell you my story of my workout. So I ate really good during the day today and only ate 633 calories up until my workout. My goal at my workout is to work off all the calories that I have eaten for the day. Well today I worked off an extra hundred and so instead of thinking "Oh look I am 100 calories closer to losing that next pound" I think "hmm I wonder what I could have for dessert tonight since I worked off those pounds." Now when I get to maintanance those are the thoughts that I could have, but not now. FRUSTRATING.

Kari - I am glad that today went better. I am telling you the day after my last birthday was the worst/best days of my life. I had a mental melt down and ate an entire homemade 9x11 pan of carrot cake as I sat down and got financing for my surgery! At that point I had been dieting for 20 straight years and I had had enough. So while gorging myself :cursing:I got my loan and who new that on my half birthday I would be smaller than ever. I am happy for you in the progress that you have made. It must be wonderful to see that kind of progress. Telling you...that is better than anything the scale can say. And it is okay to be lengthy. Have you seen my posts!:thumbup:

Peaches!!!!! 2 cups of M&Ms. My band mommy already scolded you but I didn't want you to think that I was going to let you off the hook. However, I do want to compliment you on the efforts that you went through to get rid of them. Very impressive!:thumbup:

Phyl - My thoughts are with you. I hope the best for your family.:blush: And Phyl you can make it when you go shopping, though I am not going to lie, it is pretty overwhelming for me now. I used to have 6 racks to choose from and only 1/2 of one contained clothing that I would even remotely wear. Now there are 6 areas to shop with more choices that I can imagine. My head was spinning by the time I was finished. :wink: Unlike Janet I don't like shopping. Never have and I don't think I ever will. I don't like to spend money. Though I did splurge and get a new LCD monitor for my computer!:smile2: It is great. My BF and I play on online game called world of warcraft and it is BEAUTIFUL now with my widescreen 19" monitor. Better than clothes. Though I was pretty excited over my 10s!

Ruby - That is how I usually am with shopping. Impatient and "frustrated":tongue:. Though this time I actually had to buy clothes because mine were seriously getting to the point of risking my job:tt2:

Car - Got to agree yet again with my wonderful band mommy. I never thought that 10s would fit but sometimes you just have to brave it. Even if they don't fit at least you can judge how close you are. But if 12s are loose, they are going to fit!

Okay I KNOW I have missed someone, but this has taken me about an hour to write because I am writing in between my battles on World of Warcraft! My new addiction.

So I apologize. I have no age excuses, just lack of brain power after a long days work.

OK I can't leave with talking to my girls Denise & Ruby

I'll probably change my tune when I'm melting this summer.

Janet - I am also a front hooker, then spin it to the back, just like Mommie showed me. I have also passed the knowledge on to my girl. I thought everyone did it that way. People actually hook in the back? What the? I got a small fill last Thurs. I am really restricted now. I am barely eating, and I am barely losing weight. I'm the slowest one on here. What the hell? This is really frustrating. I wish I wouldn't have told anyone about my band. I don't want the judging.

Denise - I don't complain about the cold due to our summers- but the coldest it's gotten this yr has been low 40's - those 110 days well be here before you know it - so I just take it - heck this has been the coldest winter we have had in a long time - days in the low to mid 60s -

I agree why would someone act like a contorsonist just to put a stupid bra on..

As to being the slowest one here - I totally doubt that - and anyway this isn't a race - heck I look at tickers sometimes - but then when I come to post I forget what it says

You are losing weight and that's what count .. Have you had your motabolism check..

PHEW! I'm glad I'm not alone. I have my goal weight set at 150 and to be honest I don't really know that I want to be there. According to the BMI chart it won't even make me healthy. I'd still be overweight. I'm 5'4 and need to be 145 to break into the "normal" zone. I don't know if I want to be that skinny though.

Still, that's a little way off for me. Maybe when I drop another 10-15lbs I may reconsider. I haven't been in the 170s since I was at school; decades ago! :thumbup: One hurdle at a time. :smile2:

Ruby - you look taller than 5.4 -I orginally had my goal weight at 170 - then moved it to 160 - I think that when I fit a size 10 all the time and not just a fluke like now that will be my goal - there is no way i am going for 145

Ok it's now 8:15 - I gotta go eat - haven't eaten since noon - see ya'll in the morning xooxox Janet

I agree why would someone act like a contorsonist just to put a stupid bra on..

Good Range of Motion exercise!!

7_5_144.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNfox000