Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi! Does anybody know how long after your surgery before you can go swimming and get your strips wet?

Thanks!

I was told 2 weeks!!! Seemed like an eternity, lol!!!

No problem!!! Wasn't what I wanted to hear either, lol!!! But, it is, what it is!!!

Jackie, When you go to the bottom of the page and do a forum jump, it should be in that group of threads that comes up. It may be on page 2 of that and then you would need to go to the next page!!! It is delicious!

I must not be doing it right. I still can't find it. Would anyone mind posting the recipe for me? Thank you

Cream cheese Chix salad

1 large can of chicken breast

2 FF cream cheese bars

2 tbsp FF mayo

1 tsp worcestershirehe sauce

1 tsp lemon juice

4 green onions chopped fine

garlic salt to taste

Mix all ingredients and refridgerate (overnight if possible- bring out the taste)

If you need it thinner, add a little more of the liquid ingredients.

Thanks Chim and dmtjet. I printed it out and can't wait to try it. It sounds wonderful. I am going to go look at the thread as well. I just couldn't find it. LOL

Thanks Chim and dmtjet. I printed it out and can't wait to try it. It sounds wonderful. I am going to go look at the thread as well. I just couldn't find it. LOL

You are welcome, Kathy has a recipe for Lentil Soup on there too and I think Lynette has a chicken recipe. Haven't had a chance to try those, but they sound good! We need to get more recipes on there, lol! Gives us some new ideas!

dmjet, at least there is a hint of sun in PA. It has been raining all the time here in TX, we haven't seen the sun in weeks. Plants are loving it, but all the corn and grapes from the vineyards are in jeopardy of being lost. A house in my neighbord got hit by lightning and the roof caught on fire, luckly nobody was injured.

A few minutes ago I was feeling hungry so I grabbed a Slim Fastm halfway thru it I felt so full I stopped drinking. This band really is a miracle, an answer to my prayers.

And, here comes a bit of too much information: I just had a BM. So exciting!

Hi July Bandsters 07!!:clap2:

Congrats to all who have had the banding and best wishes to those of you who are waiting to get banded!!

I was banded last thursday and now my doctor has me on a two week diet of Clear Liquids and then two weeks of full liquids and then two weeks of blended and then two weeks of soft food.< /p>

I am still on my first stage of clear liquid diet and I am sooooo hungry!!!

I would love to just stuff my face with a taco or a sandwich!!! I'm dieing here!!! Can I have any words of advice to please help me remember why I can't have a darn taco right now? I'm so tired of liquids!!:tired

PS..I am a baby and hate rules LOL!!:cry

Janiee, thats really restrictive. I thought my Dr diet was too restrictive, but your's is really hard. I have 4 days of clear fluids, 10 days of full fluids, 14 days of mushies and then normal.

I can't offer any advice just condolenses.

Hello All,

Glad to see everyone is doing well!! I am 11 days post op. I have been on liquids and soft foods for 11 days. Anyone notice a change in their breath. My breath tastes bad. so, I am sure that it smells bad. The only other time I really had this kind of bad breath was when I did the Adkins diet. What do ya'll think?

Also, did anyones' doctor tell then how long to wait before having sex. I really shouldn't even think about it.....especially with my stankky breath ....

Hi Chim: Glad I'm not the only one who has to high tail it back to work so soon. I'm back on Monday too.

Janiee, thats really restrictive. I thought my Dr diet was too restrictive, but your's is really hard. I have 4 days of clear fluids, 10 days of full fluids, 14 days of mushies and then normal.

I can't offer any advice just condolenses.

I asked my doctor why there is such a difference with the pre and post op diet. He said that maany doctors have thier Lapband patients follow the same post op diet as a bypass patient. I makes since. I wish you all luck on the very strict post op!!

Hi Jeanie, I'm here. My day was sort of so so. I spent the morning with the kids, reading to Sarah and playing video games with Jesse.

Then we had our "weekly date", which is grocery shopping. We put the kids in the daycare and shop in peace. We usually end the shopping with a snack, but not today.

I had a hell of a time trying to walk the distance of the store. My muscles in the lower left side of my abdomen hurt like crazy. I had to sit down several times. It's not normal for me, so I think one of my holes impacted that muscle.

Thanks Heidi for the suggestion of a heating pad for my neck. This has helped my neck and headacke alot.

I really don't have any surgery or gas pain, just this terrible headacke and neck pain. I'm sure it will pass soon.

My DH was out with Sarah at the playground a little while ago and the doorbell rang. I thought it was the kids down the street so I didn't answer. Then I heard my sister's voice. So I got up and answered the door. This was a bit embarrasing because I hadn't told her about this. So I told them I had my hiatal hernia operated on. She's a nurse, and knows about most of my ailements, so I really don't think she bought it.

Anyway, they just wanted to see the kitchen. So they stayed for a bit and then my DH came home and we talked for awhile. Still no answer about watching Sarah that week in Oct. so that my DH can come with me to Palm Springs. I guess I'll have to call her tomorrow to ask.

I think by tomorrow I will start to feel much better. Then on Monday I can start eating full fluids which means Soup and something more substantial that juice!!!