Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Chimboree, yes, a jerk!!! He had no clue what the heck he was talking about!!!! I hate when people let on they know all about everything, but you know darn well they hardly even know their own name!!!!! You don't have much longer Girl!!!!

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good (or better in Lynette's and Patti C's case).

Mango-Thanks for directing us to that link, it really made me feel inspired and excited to look forward to all those changes others report.

Kristen-I had no problems after waking up from surgery. Some people do. This isn't a long surgery so chances are you won't have a bad reaction. They give you lots of meds during the surgery to ensure you don't have nausea/vomiting when you wake up! You'll be fine! Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!

Chimboree-I love your sass. People like that guy at GNC can stick it where the sun don't shine. Taking the easy way out, my a--!

Nurse 76-A while back you asked if I like Critical care nursing. Now that I do it, I would do nothing else! It is so interesting and you are way more autonomous. For me that is awesome, cuz I hate being told what to do! Good luck getting your RN, go for ICU when you do, believe me you will love it!

Icybreeze-Hey my fellow Nor-Cal resident. I forgot to message you back and tell you I live in Gilroy. Only 30 minutes from you!

I can't remember who posted the question about what we are doing for excercise, but before the surgery I was doing NOTHING, except swimming with the kids in our pool. Now I feel so motivated and have been walking for one hour (30 minutes x2) and I feel so good about it. I think it's easier to move already. So much less food dragging me down.

I am post-op day 6 and feeling great. No more gas, the pregnant belly thing is much decreased and I have no pain. Hunger has only been an issue around dinner time, I think I'm missing chewing!

A question for anyone: Have you found any UNFLAVORED Protein powders that you can tolerate? I bought this HUGE just of designer whey natural Protein Powder at GNC a couple of days ago for $28. I used 1/2 scoop (which was still a lot it seemed like) and added it to some Soup. It was beyond nasty, no way could I eat it. Anyone have some suggestions?

Love all you guys, I don't post as often as others but I'm living vicariously through all of you!

Dmtjet, I wonder sometimes about people. I love them, but...gees. PattiC, look at those NSV (non-scale victories) already! Good for you. Lynette, I probably should've just left, too. I thought GNC did make an unflavored Protein powder. Who knows. Maybe I'll research it on their website before I go in there. I want as little interaction w/them as possible.

Hello to all my dear friends here in Lap Band Land. My day has been much better. No more pain. I have just stuck to liquids and Jello today and think maybe I have passed this test. I know I sure learned alot last night and I sure am going to think alot before I eat anything new, especially runny mashed potatoes or pancakes.

I did have good news today. I had been taking 2 blood pressure medicines a day up until surgery day, July 12th. My doctor told me to try taking only one since my pressure had been so good in the hospital. So since then I have only taken one. I went to local doctor today and had it taken. It was 130 over 68. WOW! That was great. So I think that is working. I will still keep taking one though. I also took a pill for diabetes and have not taken it. Praise the Lord, my blood counts are running from 78 to 110. That is great too. Already off of two medicines. Don't let anyone even try to tell me I did the wrong thing!

Patti C

Patti C- Congratulations! I can't think of a better way to reinforce how awesome this surgery is than to have an immediate improvement in your health. Way to go.:bounce:

Hey everyone just wanted to check in and say hi. I had my surgery today so I am officialy a bandster!:whoo: I went in at 7 this morning. Surgery was at 8 and they let me go home a little after noon. I am pretty sore, but not as bad as I anticipated. I think the gas pains are really what is getting the best of me. My back is just killing me. My mouth is still dry, not matter how much liquids I get down. My doctor wants me to drink 64 ounces today and so far I've only gotten down about 35 ugh! I am just so not hungry and everytime I drink it makes that fact that I need to burp even worse. It was cute I told the nurse I felt like I had to burp and she said this is the one time in your life that we encourage you to burp! I've also been urinating a lot, which I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is all the fluids they pumped into me. Anyway, I hope all of the rest of you are doing well and good luck to tomorrow bandsters. Just relax and you'll do great!

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

weight.png

Chimboree-I love your sass. People like that guy at GNC can stick it where the sun don't shine. Taking the easy way out, my a--!

A question for anyone: Have you found any UNFLAVORED Protein powders that you can tolerate? I bought this HUGE just of designer whey natural protein powder at GNC a couple of days ago for $28. I used 1/2 scoop (which was still a lot it seemed like) and added it to some Soup. It was beyond nasty, no way could I eat it. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks! EXACTLY. Easy way out--I think not.

Lynette, isn't this surprising. Your GNC told you they didn't have unflavored protein powders and look what Dieka found...hmm...:)

YAY!!! Tinkerbell is back!!! Woohoo!!! Glad you are doing relatively well. Just keep moving and drinking, moving and drinking. I'm so happy for you!

Hey everyone just wanted to check in and say hi. I had my surgery today so I am officialy a bandster!:whoo: I went in at 7 this morning. Surgery was at 8 and they let me go home a little after noon. I am pretty sore, but not as bad as I anticipated. I think the gas pains are really what is getting the best of me. My back is just killing me. My mouth is still dry, not matter how much liquids I get down. My doctor wants me to drink 64 ounces today and so far I've only gotten down about 35 ugh! I am just so not hungry and everytime I drink it makes that fact that I need to burp even worse. It was cute I told the nurse I felt like I had to burp and she said this is the one time in your life that we encourage you to burp! I've also been urinating a lot, which I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is all the fluids they pumped into me. Anyway, I hope all of the rest of you are doing well and good luck to tomorrow bandsters. Just relax and you'll do great!

Chim, I think he refered that GNC itself didn't make one. Who knows, he sure didn't.

Dieka, I have Jay Robbs unlavored powder. It's pretty good. I've put it in cottage cheese, but when you add your powder so Soups, you have to add it in vey very slowly or it clumps up. I made a can of cream of broccoli Soup and took about 10 minutes to add the powder, constantly stirring, so it would be smooth.

I think you can still return it to GNC even if it's opened. Was the powder you bought an isolate powder or concentrated? Anyway, you can find the Jay Robbs at jayrobbs.com.

Tinkerbell, glad to hear everything went well for you. Welcome to Bandland.

I love it when someone has surgery and comes back to post the same day. Thanks TINK! It really encourages me, cause I'm kinda scared

sh......less. In at 7, home by 12. WOW

I can do this.

Chim, I think he refered that GNC itself didn't make one. Who knows, he sure didn't.

Dieka, I have Jay Robbs unlavored powder. It's pretty good. I've put it in cottage cheese, but when you add your powder so Soups, you have to add it in vey very slowly or it clumps up. I made a can of cream of broccoli Soup and took about 10 minutes to add the powder, constantly stirring, so it would be smooth.

I think you can still return it to GNC even if it's opened. Was the powder you bought an isolate powder or concentrated? Anyway, you can find the Jay Robbs at jayrobbs.com.

Ti quote]

LYNETTE- what is the difference between isolate or concentrated? I honestly don't know what it was, I only know that I would rather eat liquified grasshopper for Protein than that!

I love it when someone has surgery and comes back to post the same day. Thanks TINK! It really encourages me, cause I'm kinda scared

sh......less. In at 7, home by 12. WOW

I can do this.

:whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:

YEAH, BABY!! I WANT TO DO THAT, TOO!! MY GOAL FRIDAY---- TO GET OUT OF SEATTLE BEFORE THE AFTERNOON TRAFFIC MESS!! HOPE TO BE BACK ONLINE THE SAME DAY, JUST LIKE TINK!!

Dieka, the isolate powder is better absorbed by the body, which means it's better for you, according to my Dr. Your Dr. may want to have a certain kind, so I'd ask if what you have is what you need.

G nite all. Hope to get a better nights sleep tonight.

Lynette, tomorrow will be better. I know it will and so do you! Lets just put our bad experinces behind us, learn from them and look ahead. You have done so well and have been such an inspiration to all of us. Lean on us now, and know we are holding you up high and you are headed in the most positive direction. We are with you. Just hold our hands and we will continue to walk this road together!! Hold that head up high and walk proud knowing you are on your way to a wonderful life with that beautiful husband and little boy of yours! I am praying that God will bless you and make you feel much better tomorrow. Hang in there.

Patti C

Hello Again :)

I've been wanting to post response so many times, but I've been so busy, had trouble logging in, blah blah, blah.

I'm sorry about the troubles a few of you have had. I was a 7/9 bandee and all has gone quite well for me.

The best news is I lost 11 lbs on the pre op diet and I lost 8 at the close of the first week, so I'm down 19 and I want to lose another 48 lbs. Goal is 135.

I think the world of Dr. Ortiz and staff. I recommend him to anyone.

Most importantly though, I wanted to share some things that have worked well for me.

I had almost no gas pains after surgery and no nausea. I believe it was my Dr. choice. I had terrible gas pains in the past from C-sections and a prior laproscopic surgery. I feel really good and my skin looks really refreshed.

I did have INCREDIBLE hunger pangs during the clear liquid stage. Thank God it was shortened due to a lower starting BMI. I had ordered some Protein items that I found on a bariatric site prior to surgery and they have been a life saver for me. The items I got were by Nashura Nutrition and I highly recommend them. I ordered chicken Soup, beef soup, a variety pack of flavored drink mixes, Jello and a variey pack of hot cocoas. All these items have about 15 grams of protein in them about 60 calories each. They have little or no sugar. They are all fully liquid and the Soups and variety drink pack were Clear Liquids. I found them all to be very palatable. Pleasing in fact. I couldn't even sleep well due to the growling of my stomach. These helped.

I also ordered the vita-band watermelon chewable vitamins by Bariatric Advantage. They are decent. I don't care for chewables, but it's much better than a liquid I tried and they are formulated for lap-band patients which I know is a benefit.

I'm also allowed all soups and I've been going to Safeway and getting a fresh cup daily. It's a nice outing and the soup is great. I've been mincing all bits in my teeth and I have not had any problems so far. I've steared away from rice soups just because I fear not being able to mince it enough.

I am also doing well with yogurt, cottage and ricotta cheese. I sipped a small amount of Water before swallowing both of these to help dilute them. This "may" go against drinking/eating orders, but I have reasoned in my mind that soups have water in them and this makes them soupy and "safe." I don't want band trouble-I want nutrition. I will not drink when I eat once I get to the 28th and I can have my first meal of "anything." I also got a Jamba juice from the Enlightened menu-a strawberry nirvana. It tasted heavenly and went down fine although I couldn't drink a whole lot before I felt full.

I don't buy the idea of ever eating less than 800 calories a day so I've had to really think to add things that aren't totally out of the scope of acceptable foods to try. The soups from Safeway are higher in calories and they work for now, plus they have some carb content. I'm not an Atkins fan. I miss salad and fresh fruit terribly. My first "real" meal will probably be a salad bar.

I finished painting a classroom at my kids school yesterday with my husband and I got my back pretty sore for today. I know I've been overcompensating for fear of hurting my stomach with my back. I've been wearing a waist band I got after a Tummy Tuck a few years ago. It has helped.

I cannot wait to go swimming. I was told 2 weeks. We're going camping this weekend so that will make time go a little faster.

Skinny Vibes to everyone!